• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many of Nintendo's franchises do you personally care for?

Muzy72

Banned
outside of the low budget, soulless, garbage games Nintendo publishes like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, I generally pick up and enjoy everrything they put out. Even games like 1-2 Switch I like, as long as it looks like actual care and effort was put into it.

NSESN

I care about almost everything, but, emotionally speaking, I care more about Zelda and specially Pokemon. Pokemon sort of had a big impact in my life.

Wozman23

I used to enjoy Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid, and Pikmin.

But I haven't cared with their hardware from the Wii onward, so I don't really care for any of them anymore.

Roo

Donkey Kong
F-Zero
Mario
Mario Kart
Metroid
Pikmin
Super Smash Bros.

Those are pretty much all the Nintendo IPs I really care about.
The rest are fun, sure but these are on another level.

Jawmuncher

Fire Emblem and Smash are the only franchise I have a care for.
If the rest just suddenly disappeared I would not be saddened. Means more chance of snake in smash.

Roufianos

Pokémon - Absolutely dominates my childhood and still love the games to this day. The only reason I own a 3DS and will likely snap up a Switch should it release on there.

Up there with MGS and GTA as my favourite franchise.

Mario - I loved Mario Sunshine and the GBA games. Also Mario 3D Land. Not a massive fan of the New Super Mario Bros games but I'd definitely buy any 3D game that releases.

Zelda - Played OOT on 3DS and Wind Waker on Wii U. Enjoyed the games but not enough to buy a Switch for BOTW.

Mario Kart / Party - Would definitely pick up to play with the family.

Smash Bros - Played the shit out of Melee. Brawl was good but didn't reach the same heights. Thought the Wii U version was a massive let down.

Haven't played enough of the others. I think Animal Crossing is complete trash though.

Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Pikmin
Pokémon
Super Smash Bros.
Splatoon

Based off the list in OP

A lot, but I've only played a few.

What I've played
Super Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
A couple Mario RPGs
Kirby Super Star
Donkey Kong (Includes Diddy Kong Racing)
Pokemon
Super Metroid
Earthbound
The Legend of Zelda
Smash Bros
F-Zero

What I'm most interested in playing
Super Mario
Mario Kart
Mario RPGs
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Metroid
Mother
The Legend of Zelda
Fire Emblem
Pikmin
Xenoblade
Smash Bros
Splatoon
F-Zero

I'm not all that interested in Wario or Animal Crossing in general, but I'd play one game from each of those franchises just so I can have the experience. I'm not really interested in most of the Mario sports games either, but I'd love to play a new Mario Tennis game if they ever make one.

BiggNife

Mario
Mario Kart
Zelda
Animal Crossing
Kirby
DKC
Smash
Splatoon
Pokemon
Metroid

So yeah basically all of the big ones

Zelda
Mario
Metroid
Fire Emblem
Star Fox
F-Zero (though I never played one, but I think it looked pretty cool)
Mario Kart
Yoshi
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon

majik13

These for me

The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Sports
Metroid
Pikmin
Super Smash Bros.(This is less and less as I dont reall yhave others to play with)
Xenoblade

Sometimes Ill dabble in the other IPs.

Animal Crossing is the only one I really, really care about. I like Zelda a lot. I like Mario a lot (although havent really cared for most 3d efforts). But AC is my only must have.

Teuoxton

Zelda, Metroid, Smash, Xenoblade

I used to like Fire Emblem a bunch too, but the last one I bought was Radiant Dawn. Kirby, Donkey Kong and Mario are great but I skip most titles or buy them way later.

Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong
F-Zero
Golden Sun
Kid Icarus
The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario RPGs
Metroid
Mother
Wars
Pikmin
Punch-Out
Star Fox
Super Smash Bros.
Splatoon
Pushmo/Pullblox
Xenoblade
Sin & Punishment

Zelda
Smash
Mario (All sub series as well)
Metroid (cries)
Xenoblade
Fire Emblem but only because I've never played one and want to get into it.
Donkey Kong

KraytarJ

Zelda
Pokemon
Mario
Metroid
Fire Emblem
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Smash
Mario Kart
Xenoblade
Splatoon
Animal Crossing
Kid Icarus

Mario RPGs and sports games are on the bubble.

Bakkus

Some of these far more than others, but i'm always gonna give it at least a look of it's one of the following franchises:

Donkey Kong
F-Zero
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
Kirby
The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Sports
Mario RPGs (Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario)
Metroid
Mother
Nintendo Wars (Advance Wars, Batallion Wars etc.)
Pikmin
Pokémon
Punch-Out
Star Fox
Super Smash Bros.
Splatoon
Pushmo/Pullblox
Xenoblade
Sin & Punishment

Zelda, Metroid, and that's it basically.

I did enjoy Advance Wars back when I had a GBA SP but I only played one game, so I don't know if the other games are good enough to consider myself a fan of the series. The same goes for Mario & Luigi RPG (Superstar saga, I think?).

Also, I liked Pikmin on GameCube, so I would play another one if it got good reviews.

I like SRPGs so I guess I'd probably like Fire Emblem but I've never played it.

Lime

Never grew up with Nintendo and none of their 'franchises' appeal to me, especially due to their aesthetics and Nintendo's branding. A lot of them still feel stuck in the early 90's aesthetically and not many of them (at least the major ones) seem to be particularly engaging in terms of narrative and themes.

adj_noun

When I was a kid I loved Mario brothers.

I kinda left Nintendo behind when I followed Final Fantasy to the Playstation, but I do have fond-ish memories of Super Mario 3.

Fire Emblem fangirl here. Was hooked on Blazing Sword and have played every entry since. I'll probably be buying a Switch the day that the Fire Emblem releases on that.

Metroid, I only like Prime. Other M is garbage and I feel like the platformers are extremely overrated. With that said I REALLY like the Prime trilogy.

Zelda I like for the dungeons. Some of them are really hit or miss. No hype for the new one though, maybe when I'm out of school and have time to play it I'll see.

alvis.exe

Pokemon
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade
Style Savvy
Endless Ocean
Hotel Dusk
Golden Sun

Maybe a Mario Kart/Mario sports game from time to time. Smash Bros because the franchises I like are represented. I'd like to get into Animal Crossing but I'm waiting for the inevitable Switch release. Does Tokyo Mirage Sessions count? I'd probably buy a sequel of that.

I like Zelda games a lot on paper but I've never actually beaten any of the games before so it's not something all that hype inducing for me. I do tend to still pick them up though, just not Day 1.

EhoaVash

Donkey Kong ( country series )
Fire Emblem ( i haven't played this series yet, but i'm super curious about it cause i love the FE characters in smash)
Kid Icarus ( I Hated uprising due to controls, but i feel this series has massive potential )
Kirby ( still waiting on that 3d kirby game ..)
The Legend of Zelda ( my 2nd favorite nintendo series )
Mario ( i mostly like 3D mario games, 3rd favorite series)
Mario Kart
Metroid ( i only beat other M, found "super" to be too hard, and i never finished prime 1 ) I want a new take on this series,
Pikmin ( fell in love with pikmin 3 )
Pokémon ( loved it as a kid, the anime, the tcg, got into the games late though but played most of them but idk if i would consider the games as great, they're good games but needs to change a lot to get my interest in again. )

Super Smash Bros. ( my #1 favorite nintendo series )
Splatoon ( best new ip this gen )
Xenoblade ( loved both games, hope the 3rd one is great

I'm probably the only one here, but I absolutely LOVE the Wario games - especially the Wario Land line. IDK what it is, but Wario Land 3/4 might be my favorite games ever...

Besides that:
Donkey Kong
F-Zero
Kirby
The Legend of Zelda
Luigi's Mansion
Mario
Mario Kart
Metroid
Mother
Pikmin
Pokémon
Super Smash Bros.

valeo

Only Pokemon, but that was when I was a kid. I've only played a handful of Nintendo games in my life; we always had SEGA or PC's growing up.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Using the Wikipedia list OP used:

Animal Crossing
Brain Age
Donkey Kong Looking forward to DK64 Returns from Retro :)
F-Zero
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Kid Icarus
Kirby
The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Sports
Metroid
Mother (I care about Earthbound so I guess)
Nintendo Wars (Advance Wars, Batallion Wars etc.)
Pikmin
Pilotwings
Pokémon
Punch-Out
Puzzle League
Star Fox (I care for Adventures alone...well perhaps the original for nostalgia reasons only)
Super Smash Bros.
Splatoon
Pushmo/Pullblox
Xenoblade
Sin & Punishment

I like Metroid a bit, but not enough to put it there.

3D Mario, 3D Zelda, and Xenoblade is really what hooks me on Nintendo now. Used to be huge into Smash and Mario Kart as well, but they don't hook me quite as much anymore.

Rncewind

Metroid
Zelda
Super Smash
Mother
Golden Sun

cared about Fire Emblem too but its kinda lost me with the direction the last games took

pokemon kinda i guess but i want a adventure game rather then a moncollecting game

What I played(bolded is what I care for)

Brain Age
Donkey Kong
F-Zero
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Kid Icarus
Kirby
The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Sports
Metroid
Mother
Pikmin
Pokémon
Punch-Out
Star Fox
Super Smash Bros.
Splatoon
Xenoblade
Sin & Punishment

While KI is one game and S&P is two games, they still improved upon Star Fox 64(first video game I played) much better than that franchise ever did, great stuff

Haven't played a Mario RPG after M&L 3 because most of them seemed like they had no identity anymore but still a very solid series

The only Mario sports I care for are soccer and especially tennis but one is dead and the other was treated as a joke

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Metroid
2D Zelda
Mario Kart to a lesser extent.

So, yeah I won't be getting a Switch anytime soon.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I thought about this recently and was shocked to say only 2, mainline Mario and Zelda.

For as long as I could remember, starting from the NES days, I favored the 3rd party stuff more.

It just happened to be 3rd party exclusive.

Some ppl complain that the PS and Xbox are too similar in libraries, but I am glad the days of many 3rd party exclusives are behind us.

Mario, Zelda, F-Zero, Metroid, Wario, Donkey Kong (not Country), Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Punchout!!, Kid Icarus, Earthbound, Mario & Luigi, Pro Wrestling. Diddy Kong Racing, Excitebike

Top Bottom