• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Edition of SSD's for everyone! |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

knitoe

Well that sucks. Got the 9800GT Akimbo for physX, but it won't fit onto the MB. I didn't notice the 2 - 3 slots has way less space in between than 1 - 2. That's what I get for assuming they are space evenly. RMA time.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Tentative plan for new build (will be running @ 1920x1080):

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case $279.99

ASRock P67 EXTREME6 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $204.99

XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity $349.99

CORSAIR Professional Series AX850 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $182.99

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K $314.99

Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW120G3K5 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $219.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL $189.99

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 2x@$64.99 = $129.98

CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler $104.81

Total: $1977.72

Comments? I'm sure 16GB of RAM is twice as much as I need, but eh. Wasn't sure about the motherboard, I'm tired of ASUS after using them for my last several builds and every single one double or triple posting. It's either the ASRock or a good Gigabyte. Didn't bother with SLI/Crossfire since it wouldn't help at 1920x1080 from what I've read. Decided on canned liquid cooling so I keep out of the way of my RAM and have a cleaner look. Will replace the stock fans with something quiet.

scogoth

Diseased Yak said:

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case $279.99

ASRock P67 EXTREME6 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $204.99

XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity $349.99

CORSAIR Professional Series AX850 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $182.99

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K $314.99

Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW120G3K5 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $219.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL $189.99

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 2x@$64.99 = $129.98

Comments? I'm sure 16GB of RAM is twice as much as I need, but eh. Wasn't sure about the motherboard, I'm tired of ASUS after using them for my last several builds and every single one double or triple posting. It's either the ASRock or a good Gigabyte. Didn't bother with SLI/Crossfire since it wouldn't help at 1920x1080 from what I've read. Decided on canned liquid cooling so I keep out of the way of my RAM and have a cleaner look. Will replace the stock fans with something quiet.

Looks great, the ASRock Extreme 6 is a great board. I know the double posting is by design but I have a x58 Asus board that doesn't do that. I wonder which models it affects and when they started doing it?

Smokey

Diseased Yak said:

16GB is complete overkill. If this is for gaming I'd just take it down to 8GB.

As for the H70...I own one and while it looks cool the fan is a bit noisy. It's also not getting the temps I was expecting (right now at idle it's going from 30-35 on my i7 2600k). Not to mention it was a BITCH for me to install. Looks cool though.

scogoth said:
Looks great, the ASRock Extreme 6 is a great board. I know the double posting is by design but I have a x58 Asus board that doesn't do that. I wonder which models it affects and when they started doing it?

Why is this by design? It sort of annoys me when mine does it. What advantage does double posting give?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
NinjaKixx said:
For all we know right now the gtx580 will only be able to run it on medium settings at 30FPS.

Isn't that what PS3/360 BF's have ran at before? I'm totally fine with 30FPS.

Smokey

JWong said:
That price is overkill... $2k?

I spent like $500+some old parts and I can run Witcher 2 on ultra.

I that on my machine (not including monitor)...

of course shit can always be done with less money, but if you're going for high end parts..well it is what it is

Diseased Yak said:

I think $280 for a case is crazy if you're not going to be extreme overclocking. Are you even going to be OC'ing at all? I would go for a nice air cooler.

What are your needs anyway? Are you just gaming? I think you could save yourself a lot of money pretty easily.

Okay, so I have this motherboard, and for the life of me can't get bluetooth working. I have been searching and searching and finally found some random mention on a website that Gigabyte boards don't have bluetooth. WTF, is this right?

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67

I went by the chart in the OP and it looks like only LE boards lack Bluetooth. I'm trying to get my wiimote going on dolphin here. Do I have to buy a dongle? Why doesn't this thing have BT -- or does it?

I'm the guy from a while back who accidentally bought a non-reference 6950. This isn't nearly as bad as that, but I'll be kind of ticked if another piece of my hardware doesn't have all the features I expected.

pahamrick

I need some help. My monitor decided to go to that big electronics dump in the sky, and I'm lost at looking at some of the newer monitors.

Here's the ones I'm currently looking at for replacements.

Acer S243HLbmii
Asus VE248H
ASUS VW246H
ASUS VE258Q

Does anyone have any experience with any of those monitors, or even have any other monitors you can recommend? Looking for ones around 24 to 25 inches (25 is the largest I can fit on my desk) and need to stay under $270 after shipping. Newegg is preferred.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
opticalmace said:
I think $280 for a case is crazy if you're not going to be extreme overclocking. Are you even going to be OC'ing at all? I would go for a nice air cooler.

What are your needs anyway? Are you just gaming? I think you could save yourself a lot of money pretty easily.

I picked that case purely on looks, but yeah it does seem to be a watercooler's dream case. I'll dig around for a different one. Cost doesn't matter so much as looks and ease of build. I'm using a Coolermaster 690 right now that was a dream to put shit into.

Oh yeah I plan on overclocking it to as much as I can get while remaining as quiet as it can be (the PC in general). The only air cooler that really caught my eye was the Noctua D14 but it seems people have issues with it getting in the way of RAM? If not I'll go that way.

I really want this thing to be quiet, first and foremost. So, "No" on the 16GB of RAM? I'm trying to future-proof as much as I can. I'm going from a Q6600 @ 3.2ghz on air, 4GB RAM, 4890 system that I built 4 years ago (though I slapped the 4890 in 2 years ago). Wouldn't bother me if this new one lasted about as long.

Honestly don't care what it costs, just putting together an more top-end rig that'll last me a bit.

Finally got startup repaired but now the computer cuts power almost as soon as I turn it on. It ran from startup for about 5 mins then died, hitting the power button gets it running for a few seconds before it cuts out. Any ideas? I'm running Q6600 with a gtx460 and a random 650w power supply. No overclock, never had a problem with overheating?

reptilescorpio said:
Finally got startup repaired but now the computer cuts power almost as soon as I turn it on. It ran from startup for about 5 mins then died, hitting the power button gets it running for a few seconds before it cuts out. Any ideas? I'm running Q6600 with a gtx460 and a random 659w power supply. No overclock, never had a problem with overheating?
It's a generic PSU? That's probably the culprit.

Can double check that it's not overheating, but if it's a no-name PSU I bet that is it. Don't skimp out on a PSU. A good one will last you a long time.

Diseased Yak said:
I picked that case purely on looks, but yeah it does seem to be a watercooler's dream case. I'll dig around for a different one. Cost doesn't matter so much as looks and ease of build. I'm using a Coolermaster 690 right now that was a dream to put shit into.

Oh yeah I plan on overclocking it to as much as I can get while remaining as quiet as it can be (the PC in general). The only air cooler that really caught my eye was the Noctua D14 but it seems people have issues with it getting in the way of RAM? If not I'll go that way.

I really want this thing to be quiet, first and foremost. So, "No" on the 16GB of RAM? I'm trying to future-proof as much as I can. I'm going from a Q6600 @ 3.2ghz on air, 4GB RAM, 4890 system that I built 4 years ago (though I slapped the 4890 in 2 years ago). Wouldn't bother me if this new one lasted about as long.

Honestly don't care what it costs, just putting together an more top-end rig that'll last me a bit.

I recommend the 650D, it's the mid tower of the 800D and I think like 180 at Microcenter right now. Or the 600T is really good case as long as you get the white SE version (black looks like a donkey's asshole).

opticalmace said:
It's a generic PSU? That's probably the culprit.

Can double check that it's not overheating, but if it's a no-name PSU I bet that is it. Don't skimp out on a PSU. A good one will last you a long time.
It's a coolermaster that I've had for about 4 years now from when I changed to the q6600. If that seems like a psu problem though I will look into getting a new one before I get my new pc.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Saren is Bad said:
I recommend the 650D, it's the mid tower of the 800D and I think like 180 at Microcenter right now. Or the 600T is really good case as long as you get the white SE version (black looks like a donkey's asshole).

Holy shit, that white 600T is boss! (although, the thought of having a case as black as a donkey's asshole is tempting...)

Yeah, def gonna get that white case.

JWong

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Maybe he's looking to "future proof" his rig
I'm futureproofed with the same CPU, about the same video card, mem, and mobo.

Like, really... 16 gig RAM is future proofing?

You only spend $2000 for overclocking performance setups.

Diseased Yak said:
Holy shit, that white 600T is boss! (although, the thought of having a case as black as a donkey's asshole is tempting...)

Yeah, def gonna get that white case.
Yeah for my next PC I settled on either the White 600T or the 690II Advanced. Great looking cases with plenty of room that are setup fantastic and for a really good price.

reptilescorpio said:
It's a coolermaster that I've had for about 4 years now from when I changed to the q6600. If that seems like a psu problem though I will look into getting a new one before I get my new pc.
Hm, could be. Go to the BIOS if you can and check the CPU temp. It might be auto-shutting down if it's overheating. But if you haven't had a problem before the heatsink is probably fine (the fan is spinning right?).

Do you have another PSU you could check? Mobo may be bad but I'm not sure. I would start with the easy things and try to exclude as much as you can.

Van Owen

Banned
Van Owen said:
So I bought the Fractal R3 case form Newegg, and it has a small dent right on the front top of the case. Is Newegg's RMA replacement generous, or are they going to make me pay to ship this back?

LZq35.jpg

I know it's small, but it's right on the front and very visible. Plus it's a fairly expensive case...

UPDATE: I just did their live webchat thing and without asking me anything other than did I have the box and accessories they emailed me a prepaid UPS label to ship it back so they can send out a new one. THANKS NEWEGG

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
JWong said:
I'm futureproofed with the same CPU, about the same video card, mem, and mobo.

Like, really... 16 gig RAM is future proofing?

You only spend $2000 for overclocking performance setups.

I get it, fine! 8GB of RAM it is.

Question: Any reason to go 1866 over 1600 DDR3?

opticalmace said:
Hm, could be. Go to the BIOS if you can and check the CPU temp. It might be auto-shutting down if it's overheating. But if you haven't had a problem before the heatsink is probably fine (the fan is spinning right?).

Do you have another PSU you could check? Mobo may be bad but I'm not sure. I would start with the easy things and try to exclude as much as you can.
It is up and running again now so I'm hoping the fan on the psu was just stuck and hadn't come on. It feels a little cooler on the case and is running fine. Yesterday while playing TW2 I noticed the screen starting to go all wavy as if it was simmering or something. Only happens under high load in a warm house (mainly during Summer time). I assumed it was the monitor starting to go as I bought it second hand from a friend 2 years ago but maybe it could be linked to other problems. Don't have another psu but I could always run out and grab the TX-750 but since my current build is bits-and-pieces from over the last 7 years it really is a mess in there so it would be last resort. Looking forward to having a WHOLE brand new PC soon.

Ever since I got a SSD my regular HDD have been making a clicking sound and it takes longer to load pictures etc.

Is this normal, when AHCI is enabled? Or may my HDD be defect?

ctw0e said:
Ever since I got a SSD my regular HDD have been making a clicking sound and it takes longer to load pictures etc.

When setting up a new system for my dad, some of his old HDDs also made strange noises, and were much slower than they used to be, all on AHCI. We solved that as the motherboard had an option to make 2 ports IDE and the rest AHCI. Once the old HDD was connected as IDE, they were running well again. If these are indeed some older HDDs and your motherboard has the same option, I would try changing to IDE for those specific SATA ports and see if that fixes it. In my case, I'm not sure if this happened because the HDD is old, or because it was formatted / used under IDE previously. In either case, it certainly isn't normal / expected for that to happen.

Smokey

ctw0e said:

Old Slow HDD is jealous

DeVeAn

Van Owen said:
UPDATE: I just did their live webchat thing and without asking me anything other than did I have the box and accessories they emailed me a prepaid UPS label to ship it back so they can send out a new one. THANKS NEWEGG
Nice, I have that case love it. Simple black square pretty quiet too.

reptilescorpio said:
It is up and running again now so I'm hoping the fan on the psu was just stuck and hadn't come on. It feels a little cooler on the case and is running fine. Yesterday while playing TW2 I noticed the screen starting to go all wavy as if it was simmering or something. Only happens under high load in a warm house (mainly during Summer time). I assumed it was the monitor starting to go as I bought it second hand from a friend 2 years ago but maybe it could be linked to other problems. Don't have another psu but I could always run out and grab the TX-750 but since my current build is bits-and-pieces from over the last 7 years it really is a mess in there so it would be last resort. Looking forward to having a WHOLE brand new PC soon.
I had some wavy stuff and weird lines and so on when my old video card was overheating. I don't see why your computer would shut off due to it but it sounds like something in there is having heat issues for one reason or another.

I'm not sure that it's the PSU but the TX750 is the one I have and it's great. It would last a long time. The TX750V2 is even better. So if you were going to get a new PSU anyway it wouldn't be a waste even if it's not the culprit, let's say.

opticalmace said:
I had some wavy stuff and weird lines and so on when my old video card was overheating. I don't see why your computer would shut off due to it but it sounds like something in there is having heat issues for one reason or another.

I'm not sure that it's the PSU but the TX750 is the one I have and it's great. It would last a long time. The TX750V2 is even better. So if you were going to get a new PSU anyway it wouldn't be a waste even if it's not the culprit, let's say.
Yeah seems like the best idea is to pick up the TX and just get it over and done with. It's strange because the wavy lines have been happening for a long time now, even when I had my 9800+ in before I got the 460 back in October. My setup really is disgusting though and it gets a bit rough for stock computers here in Australia during the warmer periods. I'm hoping to run quiet and cool on my next PC but haven't looked into extra fans or anything yet. The TX750 runs a bit louder than the AX too but the price difference is way too much to justify.

Kurashima said:
When setting up a new system for my dad, some of his old HDDs also made strange noises, and were much slower than they used to be, all on AHCI. We solved that as the motherboard had an option to make 2 ports IDE and the rest AHCI. Once the old HDD was connected as IDE, they were running well again. If these are indeed some older HDDs and your motherboard has the same option, I would try changing to IDE for those specific SATA ports and see if that fixes it. In my case, I'm not sure if this happened because the HDD is old, or because it was formatted / used under IDE previously. In either case, it certainly isn't normal / expected for that to happen.
Thanks for the info, I'll give that a shot! My HDD is from last year so it's not too old though.

Come to think of it, I have two regular HDD's and only one of them is making a noise. The other one is a 2,5" 5400rpm but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Smokey said:
Old Slow HDD is jealous
clickin' HDD is jealous of non-clickin' HDD

Okay most likely I'm just doing something wrong but is it possible my PSU is defective? Even if I've incorrectly connected everything I should still be able to hear it when I switch it on, right?

teiresias

Hazaro said:

Yeah, that was it. Right after typing the reply I did some more googling and came across mention of the LAN issue. I had to go to Realtek's site and download the latest driver from them (since Gigabyte actually has an older driver on their site). That seems to have fixed the issue for tonight. Some have reported losing SLI capability randomly on a boot-by-boot basis though on rare occasions, so I'll have to wait and see what happens.

That's a particularly weird driver conflict.

DeVeAn

Am I crazy for thinking that I can get a Quality PC monitor for under $200? I am not happy with this VH238 Asus and can't seem to find to find anything that is a good replacement.

Also if I get a monitor higher than 1920x1080 will 1080 be blurry since it wouldn't be native?

DeVeAn

It has this weird thing where the bottom half is too bright washed out and the top isn't. The top half seems to be right. Really noticeable when scrolling or moving pictures around. Also I can't seem to pin down decent colors the presets are all crap.

Le-mo

Gaf, I am looking for a new video card. I am upgrading from XFX HD-577X-ZMF3 Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity. My budget is $200. The $180 video card that someone suggested just went up back to $250.

Van Owen said:
Can you do fresh installs with this, or do you need to upgrade from a previous activated version of Windows?

second this, how would this upgrade version of windows 7 work when building a New computer

TrounceX

Hey GAF so I got my first gaming PC today from iBuypower and they forgot to send the power cable!!

Conveniently, the one from my TV seems to fit in there just fine but I don't want to fuck something up. So uh basically is my PC gonna explode or some shit if I don't use the the right cable? I'm not supposed to get the actual cable in the mail until the 26th and I can't wait!

Sorry if this is just the most retarded question ever haha.

leng jai

Mmmm need help.

Just got the new system going. Trying to install Windows 7 on my WD Caviar Black HDD but it won't detect it.

Any ideas?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
NakedCosmonaut said:
Okay most likely I'm just doing something wrong but is it possible my PSU is defective? Even if I've incorrectly connected everything I should still be able to hear it when I switch it on, right?
Depends on the PSU. When I got my HX520w I was scared I couldn't hear it, then looked and saw the fan running at ~200rpm.
The X series from Seasonic can even have the fan off at certain points.
DeVeAn said:
It has this weird thing where the bottom half is too bright washed out and the top isn't. The top half seems to be right. Really noticeable when scrolling or moving pictures around. Also I can't seem to pin down decent colors the presets are all crap.
This is a problem for some with LED I think. Exodus can probably comment more on it.
TrounceX said:
Hey GAF so I got my first gaming PC today from iBuypower and they forgot to send the power cable!!

Conveniently, the one from my TV seems to fit in there just fine but I don't want to fuck something up. So uh basically is my PC gonna explode or some shit if I don't use the the right cable? I'm not supposed to get the actual cable in the mail until the 26th and I can't wait!

Nah, it'll be fine.
Le-mo said:
Gaf, I am looking for a new video card. I am upgrading from XFX HD-577X-ZMF3 Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity. My budget is $200. The $180 video card that someone suggested just went up back to $250.
I'd wait for a deal on a 6950/560 Ti.
If you can't do that, 6870/560 (non Ti, it's actually a revised 460 clocked to hell)

Aselith

TrounceX said:

Just to be sure...look at the end of the cable where it plugs into the TV/PC and make sure it is 125V 10A. That's what a PC cord would be. If that matches, you'll be fine. It should be on the end on the face of it.

Chris_C

Would appreciate some ahelp GAF

Yesterday I put together a new rig using an Asus M4A88T-M LE 880G and a Phenom II X2 555 (3.2G) 7mb black ed (4B RAM).

I inteded to try unlocking the two dormant cores on the X2 555. I've never done this before but I'd read that it was fairly easy and that there was no risk involved (is this true?)

I went into the BIOS and switched ACC to "Auto". Hit F10, save exit.

On the next startup, my PC shows an American Megatrends menu page (it had never done before), with a run down of various components. It also said:

All 4 cores are unlcocked! This CPU is not supported on this chipset.

Windows would begin startup... then BSOD.

Any idea what might be wrong? The 880 DOES support unlocking the X2 555's other two cores. Not sure what the deal is.

EDIT: I should add that switching ACC back off makes the system stable again. Have I just been unlucky and got an X2 555 with dead cores? If so, why would the BIOS report all 4 were unlocked?

Le-mo

Hazaro said:
I'd wait for a deal on a 6950/560 Ti.
If you can't do that, 6870/560 (non Ti, it's actually a revised 460 clocked to hell)
I'm selling my old card to my brother so I need a new one early next week. The 560 cards are all over $200. Which 6870 card do you recommend? There's multiple versions of it.

XFX ATI Radeon HD6870 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card HD687AZNFC
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HD... Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100314-2SR
HIS Radeon HD 6870 1 GB (256bit) GDDR5 Eyefinity 2x Mini-DisplayPort HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) Retail (RoHS) PCI Express X16 2.1 Video Card H687F1G2M
VisionTek AMD Radeon HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5 PCI Express HD Video Graphics Card 900338 (Black with Red)
ASUS Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express Dual DVI/HDMI Video Card with Eyefinity EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5

Jeramii

Banned
so... do you guys shut your pc down after each use? i'll have my pc built on sunday and i'm trying to figure out just general facts.

my mac only sleeps, i almost never shut it down... but maybe pc's like sleeping more?

also. any virus scan anyone recommends (if any)?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Le-mo said:
I'm selling my old card to my brother so I need a new one early next week. The 560 cards are all over $200. Which 6870 card do you recommend? There's multiple versions of it.

XFX ATI Radeon HD6870 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card HD687AZNFC
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HD... Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100314-2SR
HIS Radeon HD 6870 1 GB (256bit) GDDR5 Eyefinity 2x Mini-DisplayPort HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) Retail (RoHS) PCI Express X16 2.1 Video Card H687F1G2M
VisionTek AMD Radeon HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5 PCI Express HD Video Graphics Card 900338 (Black with Red)
ASUS Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express Dual DVI/HDMI Video Card with Eyefinity EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5
You want to look for the non Ti version of the GTX 560.
It just launched.

Both of them trade in many games, so look at which ones are more important to you / drivers and decide that way.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4344/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-top-to-bottom-overclock/1
Jeramii said:
so... do you guys shut your pc down after each use? i'll have my pc built on sunday and i'm trying to figure out just general facts.

my mac only sleeps, i almost never shut it down... but maybe pc's like sleeping more?

I turn off to save power, I should check how much sleep uses though. I know it is not very much.

MSE + MalwareBytes + Super Anti Spyware

Le-mo

Jeramii said:

I've had my computer for almost a year now and I probably only had it shut down for about twenty times maximum.

Hazaro said:
You want to look for the non Ti version of the GTX 560.
It just launched.

Both of them trade in many games, so look at which ones are more important to you / drivers and decide that way.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4344/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-top-to-bottom-overclock/1
Thanks, I decided to go with the Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5 VGA/DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/Display Port PCI-Express Video Card 100315L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom