• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 1. Haswell, Crysis 3, and secret fairy sauce. Read da OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

You'll likely be impressed enough with the 3570K at stock but if you ever spy a good deal on something like the Hyper 212 or whatever it'd be worth getting, although coolers I've found here are rarely on offer.

musicjunkie

Neo Member

Suairyu

Banned
You'll likely be impressed enough with the 3570K at stock but if you ever spy a good deal on something like the Hyper 212 or whatever it'd be worth getting, although coolers I've found here are rarely on offer.
How noisy is the Hyper 212 or whatever?

Moving into a new flat today so noise is a concern. Once I replace my horrific case fans I want to try to stick to quieter components.

Worth the $100 jump to buy a SAMSUNG 840 Pro 512GB instead of a Crucial M4 512GB?

840 pro http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147194
Crucial M4 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148444

Seems the 840 pro has a tad higher read speed but double the write speed. This would be a main drive with Win7 on a gaming PC. I'm coming from a WD Blue 320 GB SATA II so feel like just upgrading to SSD is going to make a world of difference.

$100? Don't think so, you won't notice the difference with everyday work.

Akai__

What is the difference between the Hyper 212 Evo and the Hyper 212 Plus? Seems like they have a similiar performance, but the Evo is like 9$ more.

I'm thinking to pause my plans, with custom water cooling, because I really don't know what to order and I don't have the additional money for it, now. Like mkenyon said, it gets very fast expensive.

kennah

Not much difference. The newer one is slightly more efficient at the base but you are safe getting whichever is cheaper

brentech

It will be but if you can afford it I'd move to a newer, better PSU.

Alright, kind of figured that'd be the case.

I'd like to stay under $700 on the PC cause I still need to replace my monitor as well. Might have to do it over time and just try to get good deals. If I played a boat load of PC games it'd be a quick and easy decision, but it's my fallback gaming method and therefore much harder these days for me to drop a grand into every few years.

bro1

Banned
In the Nvidia 3D Settings how should I set the following settings:
AA-FXAA on/off
AA-Transparency off/multisamplee/supersample
Ambient Occlusion Quality/Performance/Off

How are 7ms response time monitors in terms of gaming? (I play some FPS and others but only a casual game). I saw a really nice IPS monitor, however it has a 7ms response time. Does it really make a difference?

mkenyon

Banned
Would be expensive to ship to Europe, plus its kinda pricey, but damn is it spacious and sexy. I want one.
Check out LDCooling.com.

Based in Slovenia, my personal favorite.
I've never looked at these Caselabs cases before in much detail. I was leaning toward the upcoming 900D for my upcoming build; but that Merlin SM5 case looks pretty killer.
SM5 is quite amazing. I'll be starting a build log of mine in the next couple of days. Will link here for sure.
Trying to figure out if anything I have is salvageable in my current pc. Is this PSU actually compatible with new mobo's as it suggests? Got this back in 09 so I'm skeptical.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017

Tom from OC3D has his Titan review done, clocks in at 83 minutes :|

http://youtu.be/U8PM4gsMD9A

The PSU might well be fine but OCZ aren't renowned for making top class ones and after 4 years I'd probably take the chance to replace one of theirs.
No frame time data = worthless review. I'm really hoping Tom will switching soon. I love most everything else he does.

My total for the Enhanced version is $1350 total!

Can I take out the optional stuff? Heatsink, soundcard? Already took out the SSD.

Getting WD Green because they dont have Blue, no idea for what though... he asked if it was for boot up or something, I didnt know

kharma45

Can I take out the optional stuff? Heatsink, soundcard? Already took out the SSD.

Getting WD Green because they dont have Blue, no idea for what though... he asked if it was for boot up or something, I didnt know

No need for a sound card, nor an optical drive tbh.

WD Green isn't what you want as your primary boot drive, too slow. What have you chosen thus far?

bro1

Banned

The SSD should not be skipped! It's essential to the enhanced

Guys, isn't a 3rd Gen intel core i7-3770 Processor, radeon 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory good for $900?

$1300 is so out of my league,

WD Green isn't what you want as your primary boot drive, too slow. What have you chosen thus far?

WD Green is all they have

Everything in the OP list, Corsair Vengeance

WIll the standard version be able to play Battlefield with decent graphics/FPS?

What about the $900 one advertised at my best buy?

kharma45

Guys, isn't a 3rd Gen intel core i7-3770 Processor, radeon 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory good for $900?

No, you want a 3770K if you're spending that money, and that GPU is pretty rubbish too.

WD Green is all they have

Everything in the OP list, Corsair Vengeance

WIll the standard version be able to play Battlefield with decent graphics/FPS?

What about the $900 one advertised at my best buy?

Got a link to it?

kennah

Where in Canada are you? We have put together some good Canadian builds before. If you are in Winnipeg I'll build it for you :p

kennah

Scogoth is in Toronto.

And the Best Buy one is crap. The Gpu can barely handle anything. I'm busy today or I'd put something good together for you for $900. (As I did for another Canadian last week) Unfortunately you just missed some great sales on mobo and CPU

Scogoth is in Toronto.

And the Best Buy one is crap. The Gpu can barely handle anything. I'm busy today or I'd put something good together for you for $900. (As I did for another Canadian last week) Unfortunately you just missed some great sales on mobo and CPU

Nope, the GPU is extremely poor.

Ughh, my loss lol

If I go for the standard one in OP, they dont have the WD Blue at NCIX... Can I pick this one up from another store: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=212&item_id=050727

And then bring it over to NCIX to buy everything else + build for me?

Ok, here is something else advertised at BB:

Unlocked 3rd Gen intel core i5 3570K processor, radeon 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory, 2 TB HDD, 3.0 USB, 8 GB Memory

Cheaper at $770, presumably weaker than the $900 one but it has Starcraft advertised on it lol

kharma45

Unlocked 3rd Gen intel core i5 3570K processor, radeon 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory, 2 TB HDD, 3.0 USB

Cheaper at $770, presumably weaker than the $900 one but it has Starcraft advertised on it lol

again that GPU isn't worth shit.

Koroviev

Unlocked 3rd Gen intel core i5 3570K processor, radeon 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory, 2 TB HDD, 3.0 USB

7570 is an awful GPU.

Esqueleto

Banned
Will that run Battlefield? How is it compared to the one in OP? Major thanks to you

I have a 3770k and a the same 7950. I can run BF3 locked at 60 fps with everything on ultra.Without vsync I get around 90. Bf3 prefers multiple cores so the dual cores in the op might not run 64 player matches as good as an i5. My old quad core athlon X4cpu ran it fine though and if I remember right current i3s are faster than it.

Unlocked 3rd Gen intel core i5 3570K processor, radeon 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory, 2 TB HDD, 3.0 USB, 8 GB Memory

NO NO NO

theofficeno.gif

If you want to game well this will be a issue

I've thrown this together quickly for less money than the best buy one

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Izfa

Changes you could make would be say a 7850 and an SSD instead of the 7950.

One thing here though, is that while the total is around $800, this is the same price as in OP that ended up being $1300 for me.

Why am I getting charged $1300?

Can I go for the standard version and be better off than going with anything from BB?

Can I sub the Blue Storage for something else for the standard version?

Esqueleto

Banned
One thing here though, is that while the total is around $800, this is the same price as in OP that ended up being $1300 for me.

Can I go for the standard version and be better off than going with anything from BB?

For gaming yes. Personally I would go for an i5.
Ofcourse.

kharma45

You must be picking the wrong parts or picking them from the wrong places.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So the Roccat Kone Pure just went $10 and has free shipping on NCIX making it basically the same price as the Sensei RAW I just ordered. Should I attempt to cancel the Sensei RAW and get the Roccat Pure or is the Sensei RAW still recommended over the Roccat Pure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom