• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you were Nintendo, where would you announce the Switch 2? a Nintendo Direct? The Game Awards? TGS?!

Where?

• Total voters

KàIRóS

Realistically, out of the gaming events left for the year I can only see the Game Awards as a viable option to present the new console, otherwise just a Direct dedicated to it and while the console would probably benefit more from a Direct explaining all the features it would be really cool if someone from Nintendo physically presented the thing on the Game Awards that would be dope and quite the throwback to how we used to get console announcements.

What do you guys think?

I would do it in the last minute of the year as a teaser logo without a release date at the end of a Switch XL commercial to blue ball all those hopeless fanatics. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Varteras

Sony's HQ. Really confuse the fuck out of everyone and create a tidal wave of rumors for decades to come.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Dunno how dry switch sales gonna be this holiday season, if ninny is predicting close to no sales then they will announce switch succesor before holidays, if they think/know switch sales still gonna be solid then very likely they will announce it in january with late march launch maybe?

Anywhere but TGA. The show is just pathetic and lacks any semblance of respect from the gaming community. It's like an awards show for flash and has no substance, not unlike the Oscars are these days. Possibly the worst awards show out there for any form of entertainment.

Let Conan O’Brien do it.

Feel Alive GIF by First We Feast

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
The way they did it last time was the right way:
1. Announce on social media the release trailer date
2. Release the trailer with all attention focused on it
3. Announce an event dedicated solely to the presentation of the new hardware
4. Get all people focused on your event once again
5. Profit

I'd tease it after Christmas as to not cannibalize sales, probably in January. Have an announcement stream soon after. Release in early spring.

Robb

Gold Member
I think they’d do the same as they did with Switch and just have a separate presentation/event for it.

I don’t think they labeled that presentations as a Nintendo Direct back then, so I’ll go with “other”.

Last edited:

Zannegan

I could see a tease at TGA (a la XSX) with a full reveal later, but they're more likely to do it at their own events.

Rran

It won't be at The Game Awards. Nintendo rarely announces anything of interest during all that overblown, overlong puffery. It'll be their own digital reveal like the Switch, so essentially a Direct.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
Do you want the Switch 2 tomorrow? Don't buy Switch 1 or Nintendo games today
The more games you buy, the more excited they are to not make a Switch 2, make a commitment to yourself to avoid spending for 6 months. Then they will move.

Last edited:

RCU005

My guess is that they will announce it before the VGAs, and they might show something there to get people excited.

Logic says that the Switch 2 will launch with a new 3D Mario, so it might be the first game to be shown. However, they will have to show more games since there’s no Zelda this time. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a launch game to, I believe.

What else? Who knows?! Last time we all knew there was Zelda, but they surprised us showing us a tease of Super Mario Odyssey. We know there’s going to be a new Mario Kart soonish after launch, but there’s really not any indication of anything at the moment.

ahtlas7

Gold Member
Announce a: Nin2ndo Direct. Then start feeding the rumor mill and building hype. This could be the biggest show in gaming. I would time the Direct just prior to a large trade show allowing the opportunity to demonstrate the Switch 2 building on the momentum.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Honestly, Nintendo could just send a text only email to ign and it would blow up. Or a single tweet.

Doing their own direct is all they need to do - no need to pay to place it on someone else's show.

Edit: in reality, if they offered the Switch 2 reveal to TGA, they could seriously expect to be paid to have it on there. TGA could benefit more from having the most exciting reveal of the year on their show than Nintendo would from putting their product on TGA, imo.

Last edited:

Majukun

announcement at the awards and announcement of an announcement of further info in a following direct

if you go all out during the awards the impact will be drowned with the rest of the announcements..but you can't deny the platform that the awards give you outside of your usual userbase

that will be kind of a mix of the two. only thing is that you really only get one chance of a first impression, so you might prefer to go all out immediately

Last edited:
Top Bottom