• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Concord headed to be Sony's biggest first party flop ever?

Well… I mean, imagine if selling skins for those models was their sole source of revenue. Granted that I’m curious to see how they were planning on reskinning the cat while desperately avoiding Cat Woman territory, but yikes.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Makes me wonder, what is even their business model?

Just €40 and that's it? All extra content for free, all unlockable through the Job Board?
You got to think they'll have a shop with rare cosmetics in it?

The game acts as a permanent Battle Pass with the shop inviting the whales? Would not be popular to advertise pre launch but Valorant does something like that.

Killjoy-NL

You got to think they'll have a shop with rare cosmetics in it?

The game acts as a permanent Battle Pass with the shop inviting the whales? Would not be popular to advertise pre launch but Valorant does something like that.
I dunno. No idea how Valorant works.

But I was expecting something like BattlePasses for a game like this (flop or not).

Varteras

I genuinely like your response btw
I appreciate your response too.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Maybe I haven’t kept track, but I thought this was one of their USPs, that all content would be released at no added cost? Not that I think that will right the ship, but I’d like to see more games offer that.

NickFire

No Battle Pass. Shouldn't this be celebrated by the usual suspects? Why are they quiet all of a sudden?

#Principles
It's harder to justify a battle pass when the game is not F2P, and this new IP does not have the prestige that COD, 2k, Diablo have to justify it at launch. But I would assume battle passes (of some sort) would be added if the game was popular enough.

Also - it looks like people did stand on principles when deciding if they would try the beta. It's rather obvious actually.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This is the one I really don't get:
PKDzC4M.jpeg

why does she have two hairstyles on one head? What's with the glasses? Why is she just wearing a tasteful blouse and work pants underneath that gaudy coat? Like this shit is terrible. It's a total mess, no personality comes through, no life, just awful. Who is going to want to play as this?

PKDzC4M.jpeg

why does she have two hairstyles on one head? What's with the glasses? Why is she just wearing a tasteful blouse and work pants underneath that gaudy coat? Like this shit is terrible. It's a total mess, no personality comes through, no life, just awful. Who is going to want to play as this?

I can handle almost all of that, including the hair color, and even the shoulder pads. Sort of. But those glasses… the art director that cleared this concoction should probably not have that position.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

PKDzC4M.jpeg

Not the rocket wielding rubber-suit lame-o?

PKDzC4M.jpeg

This is one of the worst, if not THE worst character design I've seen in a modern game.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Not the rocket wielding rubber-suit lame-o?
I don't get that one either, but I at least see what they were trying to do with that one. I do kind of like the robot maybe because it is simpler.

That just seems to be the point that they are missing. It’s perfectly possible to lean into diversity and still provide aesthetically pleasing designs. Ugly just isn’t appealing.

I mean, I’m already weird and ugly in real life, that’s quite enough of that.
Compare the character I posted above to Sojourn in Overwatch, also a black woman, it's not even in the same league.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
PKDzC4M.jpeg

Someone Panderversed Morpheus basically.

Katatonic

PKDzC4M.jpeg

Actually, that character is lethal in game when used right. Got my ass shanked many times by those using that character.

simpatico

Gold Member
I've noticed that even the most Concord-optimistic can only offer up: "they should just give it away for free".

Hey, that thing you've been working on for a couple years... you should just give it away for free. So, some of the people who take it might send you a little bit of money.... later. Not today, but possibly down the road.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I do hope it fails. The reason is because so much of the industry is now geared for making this soulless, design-by-committee, DEI infested, trend chasing, “modern audiences” entertainment slop, and the only way that’s going to change is for these projects to fail catastrophically.

Yeah I would rather that they made something better in the first place, but it’s too late for that now.
What bet have you lost to sport such a....umm cute avatar?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
so, if this is true, f em and hope they get shut down. a gun hating antivax lunatic that wants to be called 'the professor' on the workfloor.

if its not true, well f em and i hope they get shut down.

I don't like witch hunts, but if its true that this person was pretty much forcing people to call them "the professor" and pushing their politics etc on the studio then this seems to be some karma for all the crazy cancel culture these types of people have been pushing on anyone that doesnt agree with their far left ideals.

Killjoy-NL

I don't like witch hunts, but if its true that this person was pretty much forcing people to call them "the professor" and pushing their politics etc on the studio then this seems to be some karma for all the crazy cancel culture these types of people have been pushing on anyone that doesnt agree with their far left ideals.
Doesn't happen very often that I agree with you. Lol

Not getting involved with that drama, but at first glance it does seem to fall in line with how the official Discord is being run.
Woke idiots who try to create an echo-chamber and rather let the game die than accept that their agenda is killing the game.

Lokaum D+

Sony HQ:

Sony executives: Oh fuck Ms Just bought Activision and now own COD IP what we are gonna do ?

Employe 1: Lets make a gay GotG Hero shooter.

Employe 2: make It a Gaas,

Employe 3: you know, fans have been asking for a new Killzone or Resistence game for a long time, we could make that instead.

Gets thrown out the window

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This is the next tentpole PS5 first party exclusive game. I believe this will be a success based on Sony’s track record

Yes, your grace, I mean, Professor.

I will do better next time. I am so sorry I did not wear a mask and announce your pronouns.

Please be merciful to your student

Last edited:
Top Bottom