• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Concord headed to be Sony's biggest first party flop ever?

They're so up their own asses with ideology that they don't even cater towards a target audience. They make games based on what their audience "should like" rather than what they actually like. This is such a colossal fuckup and a giant middle finger to the consumer. It's not all that different from what Bud Light did.

I love Playstation and even looked forward to them creating their own multiplayer fps. I REALLY wanted to give this a chance, but you know what, the ps store won't get a dime from me until GTA6, assuming that game isn't also completely ruined by the cult.

havoc00

Whos getting this???

dualsense-controller-concord-hero-4-480x480.webp

Sony‘s Concord is receiving an official PS5 DualSense controller.

The new themed DualSense will be released in the US only, and is available for preorder now. The controller will be released on August 23.

The front features a design based on the game’s ship, with the back featuring the game’s logo. It’s unknown if the controller will be released after the pre-order period ends.

The controller is available exclusively via PlayStation Direct.

Firewalk Studios recently confirmed that the upcoming live service shooter won’t have a battle pass.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This is really cool.

Just wish it was an open world multiplayer game with more interesting scenarios instead of the hero shooter arena based format that we got.

" we wish we were apex legends"

Jeeesus. This gets worse and there's even Seer in this short. Wtf is this soulless studio.

It can still be successful without outselling Stellar Blade.

Actually, no. A GaaS needs a huge audience to fly and besides, Sony has bought the studio. The figures aren't on the same level as niche single players like Returnal or Stellar Blade, no matter the mental gymnastics after this narrative.

Concord is already a failure and the level of time and money it needs to be amended is just not worth the try. `

The idea of saving the studio is mind-boggling, too. People who have willingly sabotaged their own game after grabbing Sony's money deserve to shut down, nothing more.

SkylineRKR

Yeah this studio might've pitched some project with potential, and probably convinced Sony with some good ol' inclusion to made the corporation look better on the whole. But as we know from places like the purple forum as well, these people don't realize they create a toxic environment by not accepting any form of criticism and aggressively pushing their woke agenda. So you get a product developed in a vacuum that no one asked for except for these self centered loonies themselves. Plus, inevitable stories about its toxic environment will get out anyway.

In short I think Sony has been goofed and following WB and many others its yet another company thats being punished for lending their ears to this crazy minority.

laynelane

It's difficult to see it doing well at this point. Even ignoring the beta numbers, there are a number of issues that players have highlighted - the game does nothing new in terms of what it brings to the table, the genre itself is already over saturated, the maps don't impress visually and game play wise (too big and empty, for example), and the characters themselves are a deterrent due to their visual concept and design. Imo, though, the biggest issue is that the studio is failing to address any of this thus far. Maybe they will, but so far any and all criticism seems to be being ignored while they make tweets and upload videos as if everything is going smoothly.

On a more personal opinion level, the name 'Concord' seems kind of dry. It just sounds kind of boring compared to snappier titles like Overwatch, Apex Legends, etc. Maye there's some deeper meaning behind it, though. It's hard to tell if it's that or if the people who made this were out of touch right from the naming stage of the game.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I wonder if she has a thing for The Professor from Gilligan's Island and gets off on people calling her that. Lots of women find him hot according to Jodi from Dazed & Confused.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I wonder if she has a thing for The Professor from Gilligan's Island and gets off on people calling her that. Lots of women find him hot according to Jodi from Dazed & Confused.
She probably just wants to force people to acknowledge that she attended grad school. I know several people like that. Since a graduate degree usually doesn't help you in most career paths some people need constant affirmation that people know and acknowledge they have the degree so that they don't feel stupid for wasting their time getting one. Unless you're an academic, a doctor, or a lawyer graduate degrees are usually only helpful if you just love paying to go to school.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
She probably just wants to force people to acknowledge that she attended grad school. I know several people like that. Since a graduate degree usually doesn't help you in most career paths some people need constant affirmation that people know and acknowledge they have the degree so that they don't feel stupid for wasting their time getting one. Unless you're an academic, a doctor, or a lawyer graduate degrees are usually only helpful if you just love paying to go to school.
I think it’s partly that and partly because she’s “nonbinary” and wants people to call her Prof or Professor instead of her gendered name.

KXVXII9X

They're so up their own asses with ideology that they don't even cater towards a target audience. They make games based on what their audience "should like" rather than what they actually like. This is such a colossal fuckup and a giant middle finger to the consumer. It's not all that different from what Bud Light did.

I love Playstation and even looked forward to them creating their own multiplayer fps. I REALLY wanted to give this a chance, but you know what, the ps store won't get a dime from me until GTA6, assuming that game isn't also completely ruined by the cult.
It is ironic. It is the exact opposite of what the "modern audience" actually likes. They play stuff like Animal Crossing and Nintendo games, COD, anime games, Stardew Valley, story driven games like Life is Strange, retro and indie games, and already popular established multiplayer games their friends are playing. The "target audience" would pick Marvel Rivals over Concord due to the IP alone. Just having pronouns and diverse characters aren't enough and would feel insulting.

Anyone who makes up their own nickname and insists everyone calls them by said name is instantly a massive cunt in my eyes.

Narcissists surround themselves with yes-men and idiots, so nothing good can ever be produced by this studio. This behavior is barely justified in a genius like Steve Jobs, let alone in a talentless individual. I will laugh hard when his ass gets ejected elsewhere.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Yep, exactly why I am skipping Outlaws and Assassins Creed Shadows. DEI is ALL over these and I am absolutely done giving that crap the time of day.

These writers don't care at all about anything other than idealogy. I could ignore, but it's not so blatant and obvious.

Having said that, it's still possible that I will get those games if they turn out to be legit good. Just not day one and certainly not at full price.

Rumor has it that Outlaws was actually supposed to be Han Solo or Dash Rendar, until big boss lady Kathleen Kennedy came in and said....
84ssfc.jpg

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yep, exactly why I am skipping Outlaws and Assassins Creed Shadows. DEI is ALL over these and I am absolutely done giving that crap the time of day.

These writers don't care at all about anything other than idealogy. I could ignore, but it's not so blatant and obvious.

Having said that, it's still possible that I will get those games if they turn out to be legit good. Just not day one and certainly not at full price.

Rumor has it that Outlaws was actually supposed to be Han Solo or Dash Rendar, until big boss lady Kathleen Kennedy came in and said....
84ssfc.jpg

And to what end? I just don’t understand it.

Suicide-Squad-2.png

Games are a business at the end of the day. If your end goal is to make money then what are you doing? Nobody is gonna look at this and be like “yeah that’s the game for me”.

We are at the point where the goal is seemingly not to make money because these games keep flopping. Make it make sense.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
And to what end? I just don’t understand it.

Suicide-Squad-2.png

Games are a business at the end of the day. If your end goal is to make money then what are you doing? Nobody is gonna look at this and be like “yeah that’s the game for me”.

We are at the point where the goal is seemingly not to make money because these games keep flopping. Make it make sense.
These people who make these decision, think they are called by god and that its the "right thing to do" They literally think they are doing 1964 era Civil Rights. Most of them clearly have not read a single book from that era. They would discover the actual hell those protestors went through. The biggest difference is that those protestors understood the stakes and that they needed to win people over. Todays activists are all about pissing people off and think dislikes and mean tweets are persecution.

simpatico

Gold Member
The eve of the PS5 launch, if someone told you that indie jankware on Steam would outperform Sony's new first party FPS IP by several orders of magnitude, I don't think anyone would believe you. But here we are, exceeding expectations.

Killjoy-NL

You're right it's not like the dedicated 15 minutes of their showcase to it or anything and it probably cost pennies to make.
Nobody had Concord at the top of their wish-list and I doubt anyone really gives a fuck if the game flops. (Outside pf a few Woke alfabet people).

It's more like some people have been waiting for years for a Sony game to fail, so even a small W feels like a defining moment of sorts. Lol

Nobody had Concord at the top of their wish-list and I doubt anyone really gives a fuck if the game flops. (Outside pf a few Woke alfabet people).

It's more like some people have been waiting for years for a Sony game to fail, so even a small W feels like a defining moment of sorts. Lol
🤦‍♂️

No one knew what the game was until the showcase.

Whos getting this???

dualsense-controller-concord-hero-4-480x480.webp

Sony‘s Concord is receiving an official PS5 DualSense controller.

The new themed DualSense will be released in the US only, and is available for preorder now. The controller will be released on August 23.

The front features a design based on the game’s ship, with the back featuring the game’s logo. It’s unknown if the controller will be released after the pre-order period ends.

The controller is available exclusively via PlayStation Direct.

Firewalk Studios recently confirmed that the upcoming live service shooter won’t have a battle pass.

The buttons seem really flat and hardly protruding, is this just a bad mock-up or are the recent pads different? My buttons stick out a fair bit.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Lol really?

Concord wasn't even a high-profile game.
Only the haters elevated it to that status.

An actual flop would be something like Hellblade 2, which was supposed to be Xbox' biggest title this gen.
Both are huge flops and hopefully good lessons for ms/sony, if no lessons learned from them then more flops inc :p

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ok, but hypothetically speaking, if Concord sells the same as Stellar Blade, i.e. 1M copies, did both flop?
Concord is MP focus game which relies on other people playing the game to be successful and stay playable. Stellar Blade in other hand is offline SP game, it doesn’t need sell crazy number in order to be successful.

Top Bottom