• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Black Myth Wukong is not coming to xbox anytime soon. Microsoft sent the exact same statement about the delay

BlackTron

Is this game only releasing in Asia?

Also, didn’t developers issued a statement they want everyone to play their games? Or was it that other studio?

Either way, I can’t take a developer seriously that wants to limit its audience and want fewer people to play their games.

Xbox didn't want their games on PlayStation until Xbox became too shitty a place to sell games. I'm sure you only just started taking Xbox seriously when they started porting games out. Before that they were "limiting" their audience and way below your standards.

I must admit earlier in the thread I thought you were just being funny with competent shit posting but now I'm unsure whether it's that or you're going through some sort of mental crisis.

feynoob

Banned
Does Xbox matter in china? Only mobile and PC users are big there. PS is only there for global audience, and Xbox is virtually non existance there.

The devs are not going to care about Xbox port. And the ps5 port state kind shows their dedication for consoles.

As long as its a hit on PC, it wont matter to them.

SKGd50N.png

BlackTron

Because it's the truth, the wording is very clear and it's not something that can be implied if false, as it can be easily refuted.

It can? How? I mean the only way possible is if Sony secretly exchanged money to keep it off Xbox. Without any special treatment in terms of marketing or promos or anything like that. There is absolutely nothing to indicate it happened other than it's not on Xbox and a third party outside of the deal (Xbox) said so.

But yeah the above is way more likely than a studio simply not doing an extra version of a game to get it on a platform day-and-date where no one buys games.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's not Xbox and there is no blacklist to fear.... but it is not that MS deserves less in this concrete case.

I believe there is 50/50 truth and lies on all sides. If MS's words were a total lie, I think Game Science Studio itself would have spoken out.
What is clear is that this "excuse" does not help MS, no matter how real it might be. Among other things, because nothing prevented MS from making the same deal or putting the maximum resources to ensure a suitable XS version on the launch day of a game that was aiming for best-seller.

That there is no "exclusivity clause" does not mean that there is no "incitement" to give priority to a certain version that is favorable to the Studio, which all people knew also had problems and limited resources

-Sony publishes the game in Asia.

-Helps in optimization (although the final result leaves doubts about that)

-Cost for the promotion/marketing of the game.

You do not need to sign an exclusivity clause for obtain the same result. Simply an agreement so that the version of your platform is launched day and time along with the PC version and even more so if you have provided the means and support to the Studio for it.

Imagine in this situation telling Sony that they are also going to delay the PS5 version because it does not have the correct optimization and is not ready to be released because time was dedicated to the XS versions...

In the end, what would be desirable would be greater transparency on the part of the Studio in this regard and even more so when the news or rumor has gone viral.
Good response.

Sony supported the studio and is seeing the benefits of it. It's a shame that they couldnt get it running better for launch day but here we are.

demigod

Xbox are funny.

They think people will still believe their bullshit in 2024.

Look below, there are folks still gullible to believe xbox pr. This is why they are where they're at.

It could be stellar blade all over again, originally coming to Xbox as well and then Sony paid to keep it off Xbox/the dev accepted a deal from sony to keep it off Xbox. (As it takes two to tango)

I'm still hoping for little devil inside for Xbox, assuming it ever comes out, as it was announced for Xbox during the Kickstarter etc
I hope the sony deal is timed for that, as I'm really interested in that game.

Because it's the truth, the wording is very clear and it's not something that can be implied if false, as it can be easily refuted.

Sony is now trying to hide its 3rd party deals.

Slimy.

Stafford

It would have been better if they had said if there are deals, but they don't.

Also total silence from the studio, I mean sure we had them saying they were optimising it and it wouldn't release simultaneously, but a new update would help.

I'm just gonna forget about this one until it happens, it fucking sucks and I'm tired of this nonsense but meh.

Mr Moose

It could be stellar blade all over again, originally coming to Xbox as well and then Sony paid to keep it off Xbox/the dev accepted a deal from sony to keep it off Xbox. (As it takes two to tango)

I'm still hoping for little devil inside for Xbox, assuming it ever comes out, as it was announced for Xbox during the Kickstarter etc
I hope the sony deal is timed for that, as I'm really interested in that game.
They cancelled the Xbox One and PS4 versions. Fucking Sony, paying to cancel their own version.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Yesterday everyone was hating on the "abysmal" performance that the game has on PS5, being poorly optimized, etc.

Today suddenly it's Xbox "shitty hardware" that is to blame. The angle is pathetic, but expected. Everyone trying to justify the absurd purchase of $500 consoles that were not even close to be worth.

Anyway sending the same answer is expected since not really change. What they wanted, for Xbox to go "hey, since you asked, let me tell you with exclusivity about this new development of this history"?

Draugoth

Gold Member
The true reason was because the game was never in development for Xbox.

The port is only coming out after before they release their expansions.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Yesterday everyone was hating on the "abysmal" performance that the game has on PS5, being poorly optimized, etc.

Today suddenly it's Xbox "shitty hardware" that is to blame. The angle is pathetic, but expected. Everyone trying to justify the absurd purchase of $500 consoles that were not even close to be worth.

Anyway sending the same answer is expected since not really change. What they wanted, for Xbox to go "hey, since you asked, let me tell you with exclusivity about this new development of this history"?
You paid $500 for a Series S?

Topher

Gold Member

Well if they can't get decent performance on PS5 then yeah, Xbox Series S is going to be a huge roadblock for a port. Devs have been pointing to this being a potential problem since the beginning of the generation. Nothing "suddenly" about it.

Stafford

The way Game Science worded it, it sounded like it was just not ready yet and I had some hopes for late this year or early next year. But if there is a deal after all, ffs man. Or maybe MS was just lazy, had no update on it and thought let's just sent the same comment out as before.

Yeah screw this game then. Was considering getting the PS5 version and then possibly double dipping, but not if PS5 version is sloppy like DF says. We know if it's a Sony deal, it's probably won't hit Xbox for like 2 years. Lets also cut the crap. You know this a Sony thing. It just so happens to be the exact type of game Sony would gate-keep too.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Well if they can't get decent performance on PS5 then yeah, Xbox Series S is going to be a huge roadblock for a port. Devs have been pointing to this being a potential problem since the beginning of the generation. Nothing "suddenly" about it.
Yep, one can pretty much infer that XSS would be a huge issue considering they can’t even get PS5 version running optimally.

It’s probably the RAM again considering folks have been able to get the game running even on a Steam Deck.

Why would Sony publicly announce and market all of their 3rd party agreements, and randomly hide this one?
Seems like stretch to me. That statement could simply mean we can't comment on how Sony got the game on their console because we don't know. Especially if the question asked is a long the lines of "Does Sony have an exclusivity deal blocking it?"

Edit: Not to Mention what happened with Baldurs Gate. That's a way more likely scenario, than Sony buying secret exclusivity and never marketing it.

Last edited:

Stafford

Any Xbox fan still believing in this Sony exclusivity bullshit is beyond pathetic at this point, and there's a concerning amount of them.

Personally I don't think it is, because Sony really did all they could to hide it then. There was barely any marketing, no PS5 copies sent to press. That being said, the statement by MS is odd too. They basically admit the Xbox version isn't ready when they say they are working with the studio, but then the comment about deals by other platform holders. It's implying there is one.

But whatever, no idea. I do know I fucking hate it. If we don't hear anything this year and still nothing early next year and I happen to have the PS5 Pro I'm just gonna get it for that.

Topher

Gold Member
The way Game Science worded it, it sounded like it was just not ready yet and I had some hopes for late this year or early next year. But if there is a deal after all, ffs man. Or maybe MS was just lazy, had no update on it and thought let's just sent the same comment out as before.

They were crystal clear on the reason for the delay. Every other time that Sony has had a timed exclusive, the developers don't even mention other platforms.

iZ8EMBF.png

Yep, one can pretty much infer that XSS would be a huge issue considering they can’t even get PS5 version running optimally.

It’s probably the RAM again considering folks have been able to get the game running even on a Steam Deck.

Yep. The game complains about the lack of RAM when I ran the benchmarking tool on my handheld.

Topher

Gold Member
Slimy platform things.

Telling Off Premier League GIF by ThreeUK

Really? Before you were making excuses for Microsoft and saying they were simply saying they won't respond to rumors. You called it "FUD".

I think you've misread it.

The "we cannot comment on it" is just a response to the twitter FUD from some accounts that the game was moneyhatted as a Sony exclusive, as in we don't comment on rumors and innuendos.

At least that's what it reads like to me.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Radical_3d

I don’t think RAM is the problem here. It’s raw power. The game is a blurry mess on PS5. Unplayable due to input lag and frame drops. An acceptable job for newcomers to the console market but a sub par product. I bet they are putting the resources to fix the 60 million base version AND THEN see what they can do with their 360p upscaled version so you can distinguish a monke there.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Really? Before you were making excuses for Microsoft and saying they were simply saying they won't respond to rumors. You called it "FUD".

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

So there isn't actually new information, other than MS sending out the same boilerplate response?

Correct. Game Science are probably busy frantically patching the game on PS5, looking at the state of it at launch.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So there isn't actually new information, other than MS sending out the same boilerplate response?

Top Bottom