• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Black Myth Wukong is not coming to xbox anytime soon. Microsoft sent the exact same statement about the delay

Astray

Also total silence from the studio, I mean sure we had them saying they were optimising it and it wouldn't release simultaneously, but a new update would help.
Keep in mind the studio just launched a massive game and is likely working on patches rn.

The media people are also likely busy with post-launch PR and whatever shitstorm the streamer agreement caused.

I personally do not believe that Sony has bought the game because they simply never featured it in anything on their site, if you go to the PS Blog and search for the game you will likely find nothing that was posted pre-launch. They also never featured it on any State of Plays afaik.

Stafford

They were crystal clear on the reason for the delay. Every other time that Sony has had a timed exclusive, the developers don't even mention other platforms.

iZ8EMBF.png

Yep. The game complains about the lack of RAM when I ran the benchmarking tool on my handheld.

True. So I want to believe we'll get an update this year or early next year at the latest. I don't mind the wait, sure it sucks but it's not the end of the world. But I do hate uncertainty.

Stafford

Keep in mind the studio just launched a massive game and is likely working on patches rn.

The media people are also likely busy with post-launch PR and whatever shitstorm the streamer agreement caused.

I personally do not believe that Sony has bought the game because they simply never featured it in anything on their site, if you go to the PS Blog and search for the game you will likely find nothing that was posted pre-launch. They also never featured it on any State of Plays afaik.

True. I should keep that in mind too. Small studio, PS5 needs patches, this will probably make the wait for XSX longer too. Obviously Xbox isn't their priority. Well, let's wait and see. Good thing that Xboxers are quite good at that, lmao.

JackMcGunns

So let me get this straight, game science scrapped an entire development effort and decided to not sell to an entire base of players because the Series S version would look too degraded? and MS did not do a similar deal like with Baldurs Gate 3 where they just allowed the versions to be different, instead they completely frabricated a story to purposely lose money as if the truth wouldn't just come out anyway?

2sZRu09.gif

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So let me get this straight, game science scrapped an entire development effort and decided to not sell to an entire base of players because the Series S version would look too degraded? and MS did not do a similar deal like with Baldurs Gate 3 where they just allowed the versions to be different, instead they completely frabricated a story to purposely lose money as if the truth wouldn't just come out anyway?

2sZRu09.gif

They didn't scrap anything. The Xbox version was delayed.

iZ8EMBF.png

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Microsoft have commented on another partners contractual agreements. That's how we are here. They can't provide evidence any firrher than that as it would be breaking confidentiality that they have with their partners.
Or they are bullshitting and nobody is even asking them any further question ;).

Bro. Have you seen my girlfriend? She isn't answering her phone.

At this time I'm not allowed to speak on relationships with others or infidelity against you.

It could be stellar blade all over again, originally coming to Xbox as well and then Sony paid to keep it off Xbox/the dev accepted a deal from sony to keep it off Xbox. (As it takes two to tango)

I'm still hoping for little devil inside for Xbox, assuming it ever comes out, as it was announced for Xbox during the Kickstarter etc
I hope the sony deal is timed for that, as I'm really interested in that game.

I never knew this was a Kickstarter project, and it was sold as an Xbox release? That's a bit scummy tbh.

I'm still getting it for PC though lol

I am extremely intrigued by how the Xbox Series S version of this game will run and look given the cutbacks that the developers had to do to get the game running on the significantly more powerful PS5 (I am referencing Digital Foundry's PS5 coverage here which shows that all three modes - Performance, Balance and Quality - have issues with either image quality or framerates).

Yes, you can scale the game down on PC and run it at a super-low FSR resolution on the Low pre-set and, thus, even run it on Steam Deck but, unlike the console version, the handheld has more available memory: 16 GB vs 10 GB (with 8 GB running at 224 GB/sec and the rest at 56 GB/sec on Series S), which is surely a headache for developers. The limited memory of the Xbox Series S is almost certainly the reason for the delay as it has been with other Xbox games in the past.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Without ATG and The Coalition optimizing the game, me thinks this is a dodged bullet.

Stafford

I'm going by the latest rumors that it might be scrapped indefinitely now.

What rumors?

Would not surprise me if they did considering the difficulty they are having with the PS5 version. Doesn't mean there is anything nefarious going on. Why be so secretive about this if it were a timed exclusive when Sony has been fine stating as much for every other game that was timed?

In that case just scrap the S version. It sounded like the Xbox version is done though, just needs more optimisation. But who knows.

Xbox having a new Baldurs Gate situation just a year later is hilarious.

How can they be so bad at their job and everything keeps releasing on the ps5? (Including their own games now)

Top Bottom