• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Black Myth Wukong is not coming to xbox anytime soon. Microsoft sent the exact same statement about the delay

776166.jpg

Not so proud to wear monkey face anymore after the shitshow it became on PS5, eh?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There is no way they get this running on series s.

It might be one mode at like 540p and 30fps looking like absolute ass. That's all I can think.

Then that memory...with the textures.

Sheesh

Topher

Gold Member
PC uses far more main RAM than consoles.

lol....I'm just going by what the devs have said my man.

“Series S, the CPU is pretty much the same as on Series X,” Puha said. “But the GPU is an issue. It really is. And then, having less memory is a pretty big problem. And we often get, ‘okay, you make PC games, surely you know how to scale.’ Well, memory is not a problem on PC. It really isn’t. And that’s one of the struggles when you talk about resolution and framerate. It’s just not enough to drop the resolution heavily. That’s what we’re doing on the S and we’re really, really working hard to make sure the visual quality still holds up.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
lol....I'm just going by what the devs have said my man.

“Series S, the CPU is pretty much the same as on Series X,” Puha said. “But the GPU is an issue. It really is. And then, having less memory is a pretty big problem. And we often get, ‘okay, you make PC games, surely you know how to scale.’ Well, memory is not a problem on PC. It really isn’t. And that’s one of the struggles when you talk about resolution and framerate. It’s just not enough to drop the resolution heavily. That’s what we’re doing on the S and we’re really, really working hard to make sure the visual quality still holds up.

I know, just saying that RAM usage on PC is no parameter to compare with consoles. Hellblade 2 had no problem with memory on S. Why this one would have?

Topher

Gold Member
I know, just saying that RAM usage on PC is no parameter to compare with consoles. Hellblade 2 had no problem with memory on S. Why this one would have?

We don't know what issues Ninja Theory had at all and if they did, they ain't gonna tell us. And Game Science isn't saying it is not possible for the game to run on XSS. They are just saying it is going to take more time. The memory stuff is just speculation based on what other devs have said.

Zoej

Very smart wording, actually.

1. They are working with the dev to bring the game to their consoles; and

2. They are only saying they cannot comment on the deals made by their partners with other platform holders, not specifically on this game. This reads as it is left up to the us to conclude whether there is a deal or not.

Had the wording been more clear and direct, the conversation would be much different. But how it is written, you could say those two sentences are mutually exclusive. Both are factually correct due to circumstances, contracts, etc.

Top Bottom