• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Anyone have the Prima Guide? Are Spinal and Fulgore in there?

Wondering how they are handling unreleased characters in a hard copy version of a guide.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anyone have the Prima Guide? Are Spinal and Fulgore in there?

Wondering how they are handling unreleased characters in a hard copy version of a guide.

when you buy the guide you get access to an online version which is updates constantly

it sucks but hey

Ive never played a killer instinct game before but man.....i love it!

The combo system is great. Allows a noob like me to noob on other noobs while still allowing pros to pro the crap out of me.

Its funny. The combo system is like what I always wanted street fighter to play like, but never knew it till now.

Oh, and the feeling I got from saying "record that" after winning my first match online with a big combo.......soooo good!

this game is kicking my behind
I played a couplematches against the cpu and was getting 12-20 hit combod by the noob cpu
I did most of the beginner dojo and everything

tough game

nooo

it only comes with shadow jago

you need to buy the $20 pack still

yea a lot of people were confused about that at launch last night, even MS store employees.

does anyone know where classic KI shows up? I'm not seeing it anywhere, and I downloaded the 40 dollar version.

abracadaver

The second announcer sucks and is no classic announcer at all.

Instead of the badass OG killer instinct announcer from the old games we now have chris and mike

I hope they bring back a true classic announcer that sounds exactly like the old one

Eoin

53% done B^)

after an hour and a half of download time 0_O , i started at 2 am, stopped at 2:28 am and started again at 10:25 am and now its 11:27 am

:( the L for me

58%, picking up steam, nothing stops this train
Took 5 minutes for me, what speed is your connection?

ShogunX

The second announcer sucks and is no classic announcer at all.

Instead of the badass OG killer instinct announcer from the old games we now have chris and mike

I hope they bring back a true classic announcer that sounds exactly like the old one

Isn't the second announcer Ken Lobb?

mr stroke

Did anyone get a fight stick?

I pre ordered at gamestop and guy thought it would come out today, since it didn't show I got "sorry, we have no clue when it will ship" :(

Amazon now lists the fight stick for Dec 12th.

wtf Madkatz?!!!??!!!!

LTWheels

The second announcer is the classic announcer. They recorded the lines so it's not going to sound exactly the same as the original games. The original games came out 17 years ago. People's voices change over time. Plus the voice samples in the original games were of lower audio quality.

hwalker84

I'm so excited for this game. My xbone will be sitting in my office waiting for me to return to the states. Already bought a few games on the marketplace. I hope all the slowness is sorted out by then.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The second announcer is the classic announcer. They recorded the lines so it's not going to sound exactly the same as the original games. The original games came out 17 years ago. People's voices change over time. Plus the voice samples in the original games were of lower audio quality.

Boom.

Make sense

JaggedSac

I spent the time going through most of the dojo and the game somewhat clicked for me. I at least understand how the system works. There is no way in hell I will ever be able to read opponent moves and break them based on that, but it was really, really fun doing combos.

BraXzy

Had a few quick goes. This game is so fun. I'm slowly learning moves rather than button mashing my way through. It's hard as hell to remember something as simple as which is hard/medium/small kicks/punches. Nooby but I've never played fighting games.

I'd go online but I'm scared of getti g my ass wooped.

ShogunX

Had a few quick goes. This game is so fun. I'm slowly learning moves rather than button mashing my way through. It's hard as hell to remember something as simple as which is hard/medium/small kicks/punches. Nooby but I've never played fighting games.

I'd go online but I'm scared of getti g my ass wooped.

Best way to get better.

Took 5 minutes for me, what speed is your connection?

its bad but it was never that bad for downloading games. stupid comcast

its finished now
haha im awful as thunder, i wanted the hold left stick then press punch to do the spin move into a combo move :p

i gotta get to the dojo

T.O.P

Banned
Been on this for like 5 hours

Dojo down a did some survival to unlock stuff

...shit is addicting and so freakin gooooood

Eoin

its bad but it was never that bad for downloading games. stupid comcast

its finished now
haha im awful as thunder, i wanted the hold left stick then press punch to do the spin move into a combo move :p

i gotta get to the dojo
The dojo is awesome, thought I'd boot it up to have a quick look, ended up in there for a good hour.

Did anyone get a fight stick?

I pre ordered at gamestop and guy thought it would come out today, since it didn't show I got "sorry, we have no clue when it will ship" :(

Amazon now lists the fight stick for Dec 12th.

wtf Madkatz?!!!??!!!!

Ordered my stick direct from MadCatz in October. No communication, NOTHING.

Got top 16 at the Orlando KI Ultra tournament last night. Now my damn right thumb is twitching when I bend it.

This hasn't happened since the one time I marathoned Starfox Assault.

Yeah I don't know what it is, the dpad does not work for me reliable :(

I had the same issue last night. Could not really function very well, thanks in large part to the d-pad. It's too small, and too low-profile. It is also off to the side, which makes it incredibly difficult to use for fighting games. Its placement reinforces its intended use, which is for menus and changing weapons in FPS games or whatever.

So now if I want to play KI, I'm gonna need:

An Xbone - $500
An Xbone controller to sacrifice for the sake of dual-modding a stick - $60
KI - $20
Stick modding labor - $70-100, depending

So that's upwards of $680 before paying for an xbl gold subscription for online play. All for KI.

I can't bring myself to do it, as much as I like the game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lol how many matches in survival do i need to do to up the difficulty

i said fuck it and started at beginner just because i really want to unlock stuff... but this AI barely does anything and when it does... it's only pressing fierce making combo breaks a charm

at 19 wins and no change yet

Top Bottom