• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

JimiNutz

Banned
The new D-pad works very, very well. Huge improvement over the Xbox 360 one. The controller overall feels better in general. I had no issues pulling off crazy combos with it...and neither did anyone else, it seems. I saw some insane combos tonight, man...and everyone was just using the standard Xbox One controller.

Admittedly, though, it's extremely easy to combo in this game. Like...ridiculously easy.

Nice.
Might not even be worth getting a stick then...

Just waiting for my X1 to be delivered!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, this dojo stuff is long and serious business, currently stuck on punishing with anti air, and then following up with jago's heavy tiger fury (shoryuken). How am I supposed to do this?

Edit: Wow I am just barely scratching the surface of advanced, this game is nuts. And I thought what I did already was hard enough ;_;

Skab

I'm holding off any opinion on Fulgore until I see an actual screen/model shot of him, and not a piece of artwork.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've found the online in this to be amazingly fantastic, really. No visual synching stuff to sit through, actual gameplay looks fluid and without issues, and the Rematch option is easily the fastest I have ever seen ONLINE before. Offline quality!

It would be nice to see ping bars and the like, but I haven't encountered a game which felt like I needed that info yet...

Brother and I played hot potato controller Survival mode... quite fun! Haven't done that in a game in a long while.

I think I can get used to this controller. It felt really awkward for QCF's at first, but I grew accustomed.

So sleepy, but had great fun at what I played. Love getting to see all the icons and stuff we can get in the game now. Going to make the wait for new stuff even more interesting and panicky in a way, ha.

LTWheels

I really like how you don't have to sit on the find match screen. Just tab out and do something else. Then a notification pops up when a match is found.

T.O.P

Banned
How about I do it in a real match then? Better now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pETYfAwKfjs

amazing

About to play, spent the morning on Forza (@_@)

i'm ready

tumblr_mwmg9lstXC1t18liso6_400.gif

saska

copied from the ruffians next project thread. thought people might find interesting.

Sorry this is kinda offtopic but do you remember the Streets of rage prototype they made: http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/5/37...e-from-ruffian-games-shown-in-prototype-video

So this guy from Ruffian teaches in our game design course and showed us some of their pitches and design docs. We saw the same Streets of Rage video I mentioned, its Power Point pitch and another Killer Instinct pitch. The game was called Killer Instinct Reborn. There were 3D models of some characters and also a mockup video. Funnily the stage shown in the video was the same city from that Streets of Rage proto. They were going to simplify attacks (super smash style) so that dragon punch motion would be changed to just up+punch.

He said he probably shouldn't show it to us so I thought maybe this is not widely known. Tried googling and found nothing.

And he also showed us Power Point pitch of Lego style multiplayer superhero game featuring Xbox avatars. I guess that never happened either.

tl;dr Ruffian Games pitched Killer Instinct to Microsoft at some point. Mock if old.

JimiNutz

Banned
Playing dojo mode at the moment.
Liking it but I suck with the pad. Having trouble pulling off combos that have a heavy linker...

Maybe I need a stick.

Phawx

I just played this last night but had to stop because I needed some sleep before heading to work.

Killer Instinct is best launch game this gen.

CryptiK

Love the game, hate the controller. I already have blisters and the money hatting bastards stopped me from using me TE Stick.

JimiNutz

Banned
Ok, starting to get the hang of it but find it easier at the moment to use the analog stick to pull off moves - is that ok or am I going to be at a massive disadvantage if I don't learn how to use the dpad?

Will buy a real stick eventually but would like to use pad for now.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Ok, starting to get the hang of it but find it easier at the moment to use the analog stick to pull off moves - is that ok or am I going to be at a massive disadvantage if I don't learn how to use the dpad?

Will buy a real stick eventually but would like to use pad for now.
use the analog stick.

Haines

Banned
Help please and thanks

Im being clueless

we are tring to play Killer Instinct

I cant figure out how to have 2 profiles playin the game. we both seem to have a profile signed in to xbox one
when we play it only has the main profile as both players. i want player 2 to be her profile

also its showing the levels locked, even tho we have the 20 dollar dlc and all 6 characters

Help please and thanks

Im being clueless

we are tring to play Killer Instinct

I cant figure out how to have 2 profiles playin the game. we both seem to have a profile signed in to xbox one
when we play it only has the main profile as both players. i want player 2 to be her profile

also its showing the levels locked, even tho we have the 20 dollar dlc and all 6 characters

You have to unlock levels with KP (xp points). No idea on the profile problem.

ALSO, Double Helix I love you, the game is AWESOME. THANK YOU.

Haines

Banned
Ok, unlocking levels, got ya.

Can anyone tell me how the hell I make player 2 an Xbox profile different than player 1?

Like the old xbox would have you sign in which profile you wanted...

Rey

Anybody know where to order the KI madcatz fightstick in Europe? I have on reserved but delivery is end of December.

Raitaro

As a poor, unemployed KI fan, I've been checking Youtube regularly today for one thing and one thing alone: full KI3 character themes.

So far, no luck though :-(

I just want to listen to that sweet Mick Gordon music...(and not the teasers from before, the actual full songs...).

53% done B^)

after an hour and a half of download time 0_O , i started at 2 am, stopped at 2:28 am and started again at 10:25 am and now its 11:27 am

:( the L for me

58%, picking up steam, nothing stops this train

Top Bottom