• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Bronzie

Neo Member
BZzO521IUAABmpd.jpg

i havent seen this posted already. So I didi it.

Spinal looks awesome!

bumpkin

You have to buy at least a character before you can earn achievements. It talks about it in the big message when you first launch the game
Ah, thanks. Yeah, I was so psyched to play the game I kind of glossed over some of the intro messages... :)

Izuna

Banned
I really think Sabrewulf is topest tire. I haven't had the displeasure of getting owned by him yet, but watching my bro play ranked and this guy does some disgusting set-ups...

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You have to buy at least a character before you can earn achievements. It talks about it in the big message when you first launch the game

actually, I was able to get achievements doing the dojo when I was playing the free version, but that's it.

derFeef

Aw man how can a rank 4 guy just be terrible, and a lvl 1 guy beats me in the ground with ease... then I get matched against the same player 3 times in a row.
Plus not all matches count to my stats... something seems wonky.

Where is our noob player list btw. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
man, i suck. whats a good follow up to a blocked special with jago? cant seem to punish when opportunities are there

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
man, i suck. whats a good follow up to a blocked special with jago? cant seem to punish when opportunities are there

it probably depends on the special, you could start with cr LK and convert into a combo but if that's too slow then you just gotta throw

Pachinko

PMs for artbook photos ? is there a way to get that artbook or does it only come with the Pinny Arcade edition ? I love looking at production art.

Woffls

Man I'm having a tough time reading whether a combo is L M or H. I'm pretty rubbish at fighting games but I'm really enjoying this. Not unlocked anything yet, but will buy another character just to get some achievements out of it....or I might buy all of it because I imagine this game will be on my Xbone for a fair number of years.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Man I'm having a tough time reading whether a combo is L M or H. I'm pretty rubbish at fighting games but I'm really enjoying this. Not unlocked anything yet, but will buy another character just to get some achievements out of it....or I might buy all of it because I imagine this game will be on my Xbone for a fair number of years.

Go into training mode, set the CPU to do a combo with L, M AND H auto doubles and try breaking each of them! I always find training mode relaxing, personally, but whether you like it or not it is a HUGE boon for getting better at fighting games

op_ivy

just post the scans. its an art book. also, cant imagine mods would be against posting but fine with all the pm requests.

LTWheels

I feel like I can recognise Jago's normal punches quite well. Whether or not I have the reflexes to respond with a combo break is a different question.

I've got Sabrewulf's light punch auto double down to a t. This guy I was playing against online would always use light auto double as his first auto double in his combo every time. I can recognise that attack very well now.

amchardy

Neo Member
So what's everyone's preferences on analog vs dpad for movement?

Some moves I can pull off much better with the analog stick and others seem much easier with the dpad. My problem seems to be mostly with reliably hitting the diagonals on the dpad.

op_ivy

Some moves I can pull off much better with the analog stick and others seem much easier with the dpad. My problem seems to be mostly with reliably hitting the diagonals on the dpad.

its a toss up for me. i prefer the pad, but i bat about a 75% with hitting special moves. out of combo its far less. the reverse is true when i use the stick, i nail virtually every special but routinely blow regular attacks and motions (high and low block for example)

Pachinko

Unfortunately PM begging and scan posting are against neogaf policy. That was intended for videogame magazines though, an artbook I suppose is a bit different but I'd wait for mod approval before going nuts with scans.

kodecraft

I'm a fightpad type of guy so Dpad always wins for me, just not the XB1's Dpad though.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I cannot get the free version to load. I Installed it twice and it just hangs when I click on it and then boots me back to home. Has anyone else experienced this?

LTWheels

Analog stick for everything other than dashing.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I want to play KI so badly right now. I got a painful blister on my thumb from playing KI for hours :(.

I wish I could use my arcade stick...

Bodom78

The only reason I want an XBone at this stage is for KI.

I have held off though since I cannot use my arcade stick. To hell with buying another.

LowParry

The only reason I want an XBone at this stage is for KI.

I have held off though since I cannot use my arcade stick. To hell with buying another.

Chances are you will have to buy another. Pretty expensive all around for just one game. Hold off till there's a good chunk of games you can play, then pony up.

jns

Man, I am loving this game so much .... but the loading is v/bad :( I just timed it on survival mode, and it's about 33 seconds from "press a" to getting into the next round. I've also noticed the portraits for Jago and Wulf come up much faster than the others. I am in Australia and there's nothing but blue sky overhead, so maybe I need to wait for more cloud :(

[edit] If any Aussies want to have a bash. GT is "Johnny NoShoes"

op_ivy

my god glacius sucks. i got molly whupped on BEGINNER, lol. definitely a high level player, not for noobs

That was it? Fucking mods man.

well that was ultra light in comparison to other stuff that constantly goes on here, you could say ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LIGHT.

jk

<__<

Glacius is pretty hard to get down I've been practicing with him in the dojo...really a perfect distance character then work up to getting in close

.la1n

The thunder design is listed as retro but it definitely does not look like his KI 1. Are we just assuming it's his classic alt?

Dai101

Banned
well that was ultra light in comparison to other stuff that constantly goes on here, you could say ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LIGHT.

Compared to everything that goes rampant in other threads (drive-by trolling, port begging, etc) that was nothing. Then again it doesn't surprise me at all. Sigh.

I really think Sabrewulf is topest tire. I haven't had the displeasure of getting owned by him yet, but watching my bro play ranked and this guy does some disgusting set-ups...

I think the match UPS really matter in this game though

I play as thunder and am not very,good, glacius and jagos also sadiras and occasionally orchids(with that power slide) will attack me from far away, then when I get knocked down run away and try again.

not everyone can do it as well but because they have no range I do so much better against wulf and other thunders

mbmonk

I am having a bit of a problem with the Anti Air training lesson in the Dojo section. Here is a link to a video I made showing the specific part of the lesson (note: FP crossup/cross over is the problem ).

Problems I am having using down + FP
1) The timing window seems very small. If I am early I attack forward and get hit in the back. If I attack late, I get hit before the move is active.

Problems I am having using dragon punch
Since the crossup switches sides, it am not sure how to input the dragon punch.

Suggestions for a newb?

Thanks

Top Bottom