• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

MLCodest

Sorry if this has already been answered but does anyone know if there will ever be an option to upgrade what DLC package you buy? I bought the $20 version because that's all I had on my MS account but I eventually want to upgrade to the $40 version.

RoKKeR

So, you are supposed to use the D-pad right? Because I find it much easier to pull of specials/shadows with the analog when I'm just mashing buttons haha

malfcn

Can't decide between $20 and $40. Was it confirmed if there would be an upgrade option available? Anyone reading this thread want to sell their code (checking buy/sell thread too).

fernoca

I need a soundtrack!!
Of all the things that should've been there day one:

Pins? Not crazy.
A case to hold said pins ? Not crazy.
An artbook? Not crazy.
An alternate costume for Jago only obtained by paying for a $60 Live subscription? Not crazy.
A soundtrack (similar to when they bundled the SNES game with the soundtrack)?: Oh, that's crazy?! Who would want a soundtrack after all the focus of this game around the music ...right???!

And please, an actual CD with a booklet and case, not that bullshit iTunes/digital thingie.

:mad:

:p...don't mind if digital.

Jaeger

Can't decide between $20 and $40. Was it confirmed if there would be an upgrade option available? Anyone reading this thread want to sell their code (checking buy/sell thread too).

I would personally just go with the $40 package. I've read people were having issues upgrading right now. If you wan't all the content anyway, just buy it out right.

I know the second mumber on your card is your ranked ranking, like I am still 2 FREE but what is the number before that? Mine says 03 with a gold KI shield beside it

jns

Hey bros, are we allowed to ask for pm's on gaf of those costume pics?

Also, I worked out how to take the stress out of ranked: go to the sound menu and change the music setting from 50 to 100, then when you're getting lit up acidbro style, you're too busy having an eargasm to let it really get to you ;)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
watching DSP videos is at first incredibly frustrating then gradually very fascinating as you begin to notice that he cannot accept responsibility for anything that happens in his life and simultaneously treats his fans like mud

Nuklear

Banned
I can't believe how addicted I am to this and it's even to the point I'm putting up with playing the Xbone controller and no stick. I can't get a stick soon enough. I mess up moves so much. ><

I'm using Orchid the most so far. She has so many options.

Guys, i'm looking through all the art, and classic costumes. And I am so damn excited! Especially since they are being made to look exactly how they were in the original, along with giving us accessories for the classic costumes as well. :D Double Helix is just so fucking great.

It's going to be a really loooong wait.

Thunders stage theme is classic RARE. It sounds like its straight out of the old KI games or Donkey Kong Country or something. Robin Beanland and Dave Wise would be so proud.

RyudBoy

So I gave up on using the dpad because my thumb was seriously starting to hurt. Now I've adapted to using the analog and while it's easier to pull off moves, I tend to jump by accident all the time lol. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna stop bitching now and just try to enjoy the game until I get a stick.

Raitaro

I need a soundtrack!!
Of all the things that should've been there day one:

Pins? Not crazy.
A case to hold said pins ? Not crazy.
An artbook? Not crazy.
An alternate costume for Jago only obtained by paying for a $60 Live subscription? Not crazy.
A soundtrack (similar to when they bundled the SNES game with the soundtrack)?: Oh, that's crazy?! Who would want a soundtrack after all the focus of this game around the music ...right???!

And please, an actual CD with a booklet and case, not that bullshit iTunes/digital thingie.

:mad:

:p...don't mind if digital.

I would call this the best kind of saltyness and chuckle at you if I didn't 100% agree. Though at this point I'd rather see them wait for season 1 to complete, and perhaps even the (hopefully greenlit) season 2 as well, so we can get a true official OST that will make the heavens weep.

On two unrelated sidenotes regarding the stages and Orchid's stage in particular: I can't help but be very disappointed in her stage. I mean, it's bad enough that most FPS games feature crumbling, brown/grey looking buildings, but to have us look at such views in a fighting game featuring outlandish characters and exotic lore seems especially odd. What I mean to say is that her stage looks far too realistic and doesn't seem to fit with the world of KI as I picture it. Why didn't they go for a more exotic and futuristic crumbling cityscape with flickering neon signs (ala Blade Runner), Ultratech patrols flying by, etc. instead of this quite generic one? Oh well.

In addition, I also can't wrap my head around the fact that the majority of the stages depict dark lighting and blueish and greyish colors (Thunder, Glacius, Sabrewulf, Sadira and even Jago's stage in a way). Even the teaser for Spinal shows a dark blue sea backdrop again. Personally I think this creates a quite monotone atmosphere for the game as a whole, which is a shame. Stages like Thunder's seem unnecessarily dark and blueish too. Imo it would have looked far more interesting if yellow beams of sunlight would occassionally break through the storm clouds (in the first round at least) to bask parts of the valley below in yellow and reddish colors (which would have increased the sense of depth as well by the way). Yeah, I know stages don't seem to matter to real fighting game fans, but for me they are what determines how I experience these games in the longer run. Hopefully DH has noticed this atmospheric monotony as well and will at some point create additional alternate versions that look a bit more varied.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Hey bros, are we allowed to ask for pm's on gaf of those costume pics?

Also, I worked out how to take the stress out of ranked: go to the sound menu and change the music setting from 50 to 100, then when you're getting lit up acidbro style, you're too busy having an eargasm to let it really get to you ;)

helps to turn on the mic and talk to them as you fight compliment them on good executions and combo breaks brings the tension of loosing waaaaay down

jns

helps to turn on the mic and talk to them as you fight compliment them on good executions and combo breaks brings the tension of loosing waaaaay down

yeah I had a great match against a guy where we were doing exactly that. made it a lot more fun :)

Top Bottom