• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

I find it incredibly difficult to read, and I hate the community. That pretty much kills it for me.

He did say "best forum", not "best forum structure". I also hate the structure, so there's that too. :p

Well, the fact that you can filter which aspect of the community you're exposed to is a big factor in making it the "best forum". There are plenty of great communities, big and small, that have positive discussion without degradation into meme-dom.

And you haven't provided a counterexample, because I'm curious to see what forum (structure and/or community) you think is better.

ironcreed

Banned
Don't get people who have been ragging on the visuals. Artistically, the game is fucking gorgeous. Going to love getting lost in this world.

Don't get people who have been ragging on the visuals. Artistically, the game is fucking gorgeous. Going to love getting lost in this world.

Buh buh but there's too many colors.

I love that he's only level 30 and there's so many empty spots on the map. Lots to do after beating the game, or before beating the game.

CTE

i played both demos in 1080p and the difference is pretty obvious. the ps3 demo is much sharper.

I would trust him since he compared the final build. That may be the case with the demo, but not he final game.

It's been well known that the demo is an older build.

I think we're worried over nothing.

ironcreed

Banned
Buh buh but there's too many colors.

I love that he's only level 30 and there's so many empty spots on the map. Lots to do after beating the game, or before beating the game.

Yep, notice how he made it a point to say that despite all the games that he is going to have to play for reviews, he is going to keep on playing this game because it is just so addictive, there is tons of stuff to do and it is fun as hell to play. Of course the demo alone confirmed this for many of us already, despite being a mere teaser.

ReaperXL7

Hi there mister visionary...

Either someone let the PR people start the thread or captain awesome there is trying too hard...

Design Visionary is Ken's title, just like R.A is the Narrative Visionary, and Todd is the Art/Animation Visionary. Kens Crazy, but I think he plays up the visionary thing as a joke most of the time.

Webwood is exactly what I feared it would be. Spiders. Boooo. Why did it have to be spiders? I love how creepy that made that area look, though. I just hate spiders.

I think some of you guys are being a little unfair regarding the art-style/graphics. Personally I think it looks very good but not fantastic, although I certainly think there is room for not liking it beyond "oh no, colors!"

AwRy108

Next cheapest is $51 on Amazon for the digital version.

Wish Amazon's price on the console versions was better b/c NewEgg's shipping speeds vary quite a bit and I want to have this before the weekend; but $15 in savings is hard to turn down...

ReaperXL7

I just woke up alittle while ago, so I'm coming into the live stream alittle late. The area he's in is looking pretty cool, and big. The sword he has is also pretty cool, except it's abit puny.....

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
People that want the game to be harder just play on hard.

Also the guy showing the game off is so undergeared and doesnt do any combos x.x

Xater

360 review by monday, runs apparently better if it is installed. Hmm that alone makes me wonder how well optimized the 360 version is.

Top Bottom