• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

dokish

Banned
Need urgent help!

Regarding Blacksmith, do staff can have "bonus" gems? Because I can craft Daggers with a lot of different gems (and damn, they add so much), but my build is Full Sorcery, and when I'm crafint Staff, the same "bonus" slot that is highlighted in daggers, IT ISN'T IN STAFFS!

I'm I missing something?

Thanks.

Yep. I'm using hammer and long sword right now, and I LOVE the hammer. Sometimes it gets you into trouble if you miss that first hit, but it's killer if you have blink. You can stun someone with storm bolt, blink up to them, and then destroy them with the hammer.
Oh... this sounds like a nice strategy. I'm going full might/sorcery so I think this could work quite well for me sometime down the road.

Right now I'm favoring greatswords more than hammers, though. I'm not sure why but I feel like I get hit less using a greatsword.

My friend, you will be running into quests and loot so often that it will make your head spin. As for more open? Just wait until you get to the Plains of Erathell. Beautiful big-sky countryside with giant crags jutting up out of the ground to stand on and take in the environment. Nice sense of scale here.

Music to my ears.

bodine1231

I felt that way until I started using Relentless Assault regularly. Have you tried it?

No,I'll try it out when I get home. Doesn't matter though,my point for being able to time a perfect block mid combo was to add more skill to the combat.

Atruvius

Got the game today and played it for 5 hours straight. Haven't come across a single bug, only some weird stuttering at the starting dungeon.

Made a female pure finesse dokkalfar. I think I'm level 6 and just finished the Theater of Fate quest.

Playing on hard and I've died three times. This far it has been pretty easy.

Aesthet1c

Man there is so much to do in this game. I swear I can't complete a single quest without picking up like 3 more along the way. I'm trying to make progress on my quest log, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger lol.

Plus I haven't really had a chance to play with any of the crafting.

JambiBum

Easy way to handle the untouchable rounds:

go in with a full fate meter and trigger it instantly. cheap, but oh so effective

Ah I beat that like 5 minutes after I made that post lol. I ended up using my summon + stunning him with lighting to get behind him. Worked out pretty well.

ironcreed

Banned
Man there is so much to do in this game. I swear I can't complete a single quest without picking up like 3 more along the way. I'm trying to make progress on my quest log, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger lol.

Plus I haven't really had a chance to play with any of the crafting.

This right here. I don't think the "200 hours to do it all" comment is an exaggeration at this point. The game is slammed full of stuff to do. The more focused open world makes the most of each area as well. It is not all shit/filler quests, either. Talk about getting bang for your buck.

Three times now I've activated Reckoning Mode and the only enemy I get credit for is the biggest badass in the bunch. All the other guys/creatures with him just die.

Just lost an hour of play time because I stupidly didn't save. Anyone that says the game is a complete cakewalk on hard is someone you shouldnt listen to. I ran into a thresh surrounded by a bunch of little guys so I use Reckoning. Then walked down the path some more and came face-to-face with a two-headed priest thingy and got completely owned before I could get off a potion. Save. Save. Remember to save.

Just a heads-up to anyone like me that has sometimes missed what's being said in the lorestones because of fighting etc, you can go into Status/Lorestones and then click on them to play back any that you want.

I have those four keys, don't remember the name, the ones that have summer, winter, spring and fall by the name. Does anyone know what are they for? I kinda got excited when I got them, cause the first thing that came to my mind was " cool, we have different seasons in Amalur" but I guess it's not it, right? :)

Staab

I have those four keys, don't remember the name, the ones that have summer, winter, spring and fall by the name. Does anyone know what are they for? I kinda got excited when I got them, cause the first thing that came to my mind was " cool, we have different seasons in Amalur" but I guess it's not it, right? :)

Some chest-like "totems" require those keys to be opened (they're often cursed and just scattered around the zones).

I reset the difficulty to Hard and aced my first battle. I saved and quit. The next day i kept getting my butt handed to me so I switched back. After that normal mode wasn't so "easy" anymore. I dunno what happened but it changed somehow. I went back to the starting area of the game and it was way more balanced than it was before? Maybe I'm just imagining things.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Did the subtitles get fixed for retail? They were way off sync at times during the demo which drove me a little crazy.

I'm playing on the PC and they seem just fine during dialogue sequences. I have noticed some weird delays for the subtitles that correspond to the narrator voices that play after activating lore stones, though.

moop1167

Where did you find the summer one? Do you remember?

I've used the other three but don't have that one yet.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Three times now I've activated Reckoning Mode and the only enemy I get credit for is the biggest badass in the bunch. All the other guys/creatures with him just die.

This has happened to me only while fighting giant spiders. Venomspitters don't get counted in Reckoning mode. Thank god this didn't happen to me last night when I was doing a story quest. Got 2x EXP from a gang of 7-8 Tuatha. Delicious EXP.

iirc, if you go to the Hall of Accolades in the House of Ballads, the summer key is in one of the bulb chests on the outer ring of the room.

If anyone wants to find a badass hammer, pickpocket the Warsworn leader at Shieildring Keep. I don't use hammers so I might just sell it or store it in my stash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/mako496/2012-02-09_00001.jpg

Good to know. I actually use hammers, so I'll have to try this.

My sneak sucks, though. :p

Good to know. I actually use hammers, so I'll have to try this.

My sneak sucks, though. :p

The sneak skill doesn't matter when you steal stuff I don't think. You just have to make sure no one is looking at you when you pickpocket. And save before you attempt it, just in case.

scy

Can you only use trainers once per level?

It's kind of weird how it works. Best I can say it is that there are three level ranges of trainers (0-3, 4-6, 7-9) and you can only use one of those per region. For instance, Dalentarth has multiples of some of the 0-3 trainers but you can only use one; however, the Plains have some 0-3 trainers that you can use even if you used the 0-3 ones in Dalentarth.

No, not really mate, sorry. It could have been the Customs House in the Rathir - Lower City, in the storage room full of chests, got some good stuff there. The other place that I could think of would be inside the tree during House of Ballads quest, but it could have been spring one, I'm really not sure. The one thing I know for sure is that there are more than one of each type, since I already have 2 Spring keys in my inventory.

JambiBum

It's kind of weird how it works. Best I can say it is that there are three level ranges of trainers (0-3, 4-6, 7-9) and you can only use one of those per region. For instance, Dalentarth has multiples of some of the 0-3 trainers but you can only use one; however, the Plains have some 0-3 trainers that you can use even if you used the 0-3 ones in Dalentarth.

That explains it then. I used the persuasion trainer in HoB and wanted to train with her again but it wouldn't let me. Guess I'll have to find another one. I really barely use them at all (lvl 25 now) and I wanted to start taking advantage of them since it is taking longer to level now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The sneak skill doesn't matter when you steal stuff I don't think. You just have to make sure no one is looking at you when you pickpocket. And save before you attempt it, just in case.

Do you remember the dude's name? Is it the dude that you first talk to when you arrive at Shieldring?

scy

That explains it then. I used the persuasion trainer in HoB and wanted to train with her again but it wouldn't let me. Guess I'll have to find another one. I really barely use them at all (lvl 25 now) and I wanted to start taking advantage of them since it is taking longer to level now.

If I remember right, the Persuasion trainers are in
Rathir for another 0-3
and
Adessa for the 4-6
. I'll see if I can make a list off memory since I'm planning to do a run through to find them all for a respec soon anyway.

Top Bottom