• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Wallach

Hey, just noticed the DLC items went up for PC. Thanks!

Sorcery set is quite nice looking except for the helm, which I've got hidden. The items are still actually okay for me and I'm like level 14 now, so I can imagine that starting with them would be pretty slick.

smr00

Banned
I really need to stop doing the respec thing i am broke LOL.

I finally decided on a Rogue/Fighter build because i figured a lot of fighter "perks/spells" would come in handy for a non-stealth rogue, setting up traps and dragging them in, rolling around and owning face.

Is this build viable late game? i am frigging love the build so far, i barely get touched even when fighting 5-6 people.

fuuian

Neo Member
Weird how the level requirement is 12, but I'm late 20's. Kind of curious how powerful a level 20s weapon would be (if there is that).

dQdP6.jpg

Got these from a later Warsworn quest on an island.

scy

I really need to stop doing the respec thing i am broke LOL.

I finally decided on a Rogue/Fighter build because i figured a lot of fighter "perks/spells" would come in handy for a non-stealth rogue, setting up traps and dragging them in, rolling around and owning face.

Is this build viable late game? i am frigging love the build so far, i barely get touched even when fighting 5-6 people.

To be honest, I can't think of a build that actually wouldn't be viable. In that regard, I think they did an amazing job with the game.

Klyka

Banned
What compatibility mode are you using? It's obviously not working if you're seeing no performance impact. If you're just doing it through the nvidia control panel then it definitely isn't working (I tried that prior). Turning on 4xMSAA drops me to 50 fps. There are only 2-3 compatibility modes to try in inspector right now that work and they all give similar, crappy results. I know it's working because if I go any higher it keeps dropping.

Just tested through control panel again to make sure... nope, doesn't work.

I just force it through the control panel and make sure the same settings are in inspector too.
It definitely works, there is not a single jaggy edge in sight and the textures are super sharp all the way too the horizon.

Klyka

Banned
I have absolutely no idea how to buy the DLC on Origin.
If I click the "purchase" button in the main menu, it opens the Origin homepage where I see nothing regarding the DLC at all.
Is it not available in Germany?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Weird how the level requirement is 12, but I'm late 20's. Kind of curious how powerful a level 20s weapon would be (if there is that).

dQdP6.jpg

Got these from a later Warsworn quest on an island.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, almost lvl 20 but my gear is all 12ish. Guess I'm doing to many quests in each area (IE All of them).

How about some lvled tiered gear DLC for us "Do every questers", I'll give ya more money guys ;)

I don't want an MMO, but this game is just screaming for drop-in/drop-out 2 player co-op.

THAT would put it over the top, being able to summon a pal into your gameworld for a co-op spells and combos fest against the enemies of peace, is my hope for the next game!

Hawk269

I'm forcing 32x AA, 16xAF and basically everything on a single GTX580 and the game runs at 80-90 fps.
You are doing something wrong or the game has issues with SLI.

You sure it is doing anything though? I heard reports of people saying that, but they turn it down or off and there is no difference. From my understanding, forcing anything via driver level or Inspector other than V-Sync does not work with this game.

I would like to be proven wrong, but so far I have not seen anything impact the IQ of the game forcing from driver/software level.

If it is actually working for you, can you tell us what your settings in-game and via driver/software? Are you turning off post processing in-game and then forcing stuff through driver?

ReaperXL7

Ok so I got a question for anyone who might know. In odarath there is a path close to the house of ballads and I think it leads to castle windmere that I had discussed with a few characters in the game, but its blocked by a huge wall of tree parts. It says that it needs to be opened my other means but I'm not seeing any switches or anything to open the path. Lol hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Carm

Ok so I got a question for anyone who might know. In odarath there is a path close to the house of ballads and I think it leads to castle windmere that I had discussed with a few characters in the game, but its blocked by a huge wall of tree parts. It says that it needs to be opened my other means but I'm not seeing any switches or anything to open the path. Lol hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Later part of House of Ballads Quest.

Amir0x

Banned
this game is like crack

i know all the problems and feel all the problems, but i can't stop playing it. it's tapped into some primordial vein in my mind that is hypnotized beyond repair

Apeboy

We may be talking about two different places but...
if it is the one covered with spider webs you just need to burn it with a fire weapon

Anyone else having decreasing results with stealth attacks? I can't seem to get decent damage or the animations I was getting early on. I turned off tool tips but have camped out behind several mobs getting lined up and not getting good damage.

scy

Huh ... did the A Master's Touch sidequest in Menetyre. I had the component for it before going into the dungeon to get it? Odd. On the plus side, I found the 4-6 Blacksmithing trainer! He
shows up as a result of this quest, actually

It's part of the
finale to the House of Ballads quest; it'll open in due time if you go through with that faction (and no reason you shouldn't!)

I died on normal twice and I go through potions at a good pace. I'm blocking but maybe not rolling out of trouble enough. Not looking for tips just laughing at my lack of skills compared to GAF.

Dead

well not really...yet
You know, these have to be the nicest looking caves I've seen in a game, love the design, and Ive had no issue with the variety yet either. Currently in once that's almost like if Rivendell and Pandora fucked and out came this cave...

Klyka

Banned
You sure it is doing anything though? I heard reports of people saying that, but they turn it down or off and there is no difference. From my understanding, forcing anything via driver level or Inspector other than V-Sync does not work with this game.

I would like to be proven wrong, but so far I have not seen anything impact the IQ of the game forcing from driver/software level.

If it is actually working for you, can you tell us what your settings in-game and via driver/software? Are you turning off post processing in-game and then forcing stuff through driver?

I just tested a bit, the AA doesn't seem to be doing that much, but there are no jaggies in my game at all, so meh.
The AF definitely works, I took two screenshots for you to compare:

First one with just default game settings (linked for big)
http://i.imgur.com/RSEHG.jpg

And with settings forced in control panel (note the textures and stairs in the back)
http://i.imgur.com/6BmTo.jpg

Syrionus

Neo Member
Not sure I understand the complaints about the difficulty. I have had my ass handed to me a few times. Anyway, I cannot reiterate it enough...I am loving this game! I think this is going to be my GOTY guys/gals!

ReaperXL7

Thanks for the replies guys.

You know I'm all for people having opinions but its a damn shame that people feel the need to fuck up the user score on metacritic, I don't know why they don't fix that shit so assholes can't screw it because they have a stick Up their ass. I really hope that kind of crap does not effect the games potential, there are legitamate complaints but some of these people just seem bitter.

Hawk269

I just tested a bit, the AA doesn't seem to be doing that much, but there are no jaggies in my game at all, so meh.
The AF definitely works, I took two screenshots for you to compare:

First one with just default game settings (linked for big)
http://i.imgur.com/RSEHG.jpg

And with settings forced in control panel (note the textures and stairs in the back)
http://i.imgur.com/6BmTo.jpg

The in-game aa does a good job as I dont see jaggies as well. AF is one of those that seem to work though. Like some other games, AA forced and some other stuff just does not work with the game.

For the AF do you have it set in-game as well or just through the driver? And to be clear...

1. Is AF set in-game (from the in-game menu) Yes/No and what level
2. Are you forcing AF at 16x on through Nvidia CP or are you using both the NVCP and Inspector to do AF?

Thanks!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
All DLC items... didn't show each piece of a set though... love being a jack of all trades :D

http://i.imgur.com/guQNjh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qlrAsh.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7Ojudh.jpg[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wWbkRh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fHTkLh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LVbIPh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1txHKh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SAYY9h.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1zXouh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ig7ith.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IEHHBh.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NoMQqh.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WykZWh.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Those are all the DLC items? maybe i should buy some. This game is addictive.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I force AA through CCC on my 5850 and it works fine.

I was worried it would effect my framerate, but I'm forcing 4XMSAA and it seems to sticking to 60FPS. Very nice. Even a little AA goes a long way.

Anyways, glad to finally get back to this. /exit Steam browser

Stupid question: how do I change my character's haircut?

scy

Goddamn, that Warsworn finale. I won't spoil the events of it but that's one hell of a reward:
+10% Physical Damage, +5% Fire Damage, +1 Might Abilities. Pretty sweet Twist of Fate and better than the alternative, not that +Might helps my Finesse/Sorcery build any

Definitely know what I'm doing on my Might build character...

Could someone explain what Faeblades are and what kind of characters use them? What's the difference between Faeblades and daggers?

Faeblades are slightly longer range than Daggers and hit with a wider arc on their swings. They're more meant to deal with tight groups of enemies and to create this kind of "flow" as you go between targets. Daggers are better damage on a single target. I'm switching from Faeblade to Dagger soon just to give them a try so I'll see if there's any other differences between them.

There's more +Faeblade damage though; I have a Lorestone and a Twist of Fate for it. Don't think there's a Dagger equivalent for either. Lorestone wise, it's just Hammers and Faeblades for specific weapons.

Lothars

Any recommendations on what race I should pick? I was thinking Finesse but I might just end up being a jack of all trades. My impression to take was Varani but I am stuck at which one I should take.

Ken

Is my character bugged? She's failed the first 3 persuasion options even though it's a 95% chance of success, and none of my 2 other characters have ever failed those persuasion options.

fuuian

Neo Member
Any recommendations on what race I should pick? I was thinking Finesse but I might just end up being a jack of all trades. My impression to take was Varani but I am stuck at which one I should take.

I went Varani since I knew I was bringing detect hidden up first.

Klyka

Banned
Is my character bugged? She's failed the first 3 persuasion options even though it's a 95% chance of success, and none of my 2 other characters have ever failed those persuasion options.

95% is still a 5% chance of failure ^^

scy

60% -> 60% -> 43% -> Fail 95%.

WHY GAME.

CTE

Thanks for the replies guys.

You know I'm all for people having opinions but its a damn shame that people feel the need to fuck up the user score on metacritic, I don't know why they don't fix that shit so assholes can't screw it because they have a stick Up their ass. I really hope that kind of crap does not effect the games potential, there are legitamate complaints but some of these people just seem bitter.

Yeah. I've read a few *cough*Sessler*cough* bad reviews that seem spiteful rather than honest.

so is there a wiki going somewhere that I can figure out where to find the rest of this epic set I have two pieces of?

Also is it possible to BlackSmith something above your level?

Derrick01

Banned

Remind me to never go to Vegas with you. Damn that's some kind of luck you got there.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Do we ever get access to a bank or some kind of storage? I'd rather not sell off this Shepard armor if I don't have to.

Doing the widows wrath side quest and its really awesome. And webwood looks amazing, can't believe how good this game looks. My pure sorcery build feels awesome, and my fire staff has kept the spiders away :) this game is really addicting.

I think my detect hidden ability is bugged though it works on the main land but nothing shows up in caves any more.

scy

One more Faction down. Finished the Scholia Arcana and if somebody does this finale on Hard and doesn't have any trouble (i.e., no Potions at all), I'd love to know their secret. Dear lord...

Rewards are nice though! Spoilers light:
A new house, +15% Fire/Ice/Lightning Damage, +30 Mana, -10% Mana Cost Ring (along with a +10%/+25/-9% one), and a Twist of Fate: +5% Elemental Damage (or Resistance, I went with Damage) and +1 Sorcery Skills.
Damn. I think this may push me towards Shadowcaster for the build. I have so much +Elemental damage everywhere now that I'd be silly to not utilize Elemental Rage somehow!

JambiBum

One more Faction down. Finished the Scholia Arcana and if somebody does this finale on Hard and doesn't have any trouble (i.e., no Potions at all), I'd love to know their secret. Dear lord...

Rewards are nice though! Spoilers light:
A new house, +15% Fire/Ice/Lightning, +30 Mana, -10% Mana Cost Ring (along with a +10%/+25/-9% one), and a Twist of Fate: +5% Elemental Damage (or Resistance, I went with Damage) and +1 Sorcery Skills.
Damn. I think this may push me towards Shadowcaster for the build. I have so much +Elemental damage everywhere now that I'd be silly to not utilize Elemental Rage somehow!

I didn't have any problems with it really. I had problems with the fire boss but not the last one. I just focused on the main and didn't worry about the others.

Also, about the Warsworn, if you picked the
Deity and not the Warsworn
be warned that any time you go into a Warsworn base you will be attacked.

CTE

Sweet. Finally got a successful persuasion. I guess I just had terrible luck.

You must. I got one before I perked my persuasion. I had a 5% chance and got it. It was in the tutorial dungeon before you leave you can ask that dude for "help".

scy

I didn't have any problems with it really. I had problems with the fire boss but not the last one. I just focused on the main and didn't worry about the others.

Damn, really? Maybe it's my level (35 at the time of the fight) that caused every spell to be a near one-shot; had to keep potions on hand to deal with that. Maybe I'm just terrible at dodging the homing spells :(

I probably should have just bursted down the boss but dealing with the
teleporting everywhere was annoying with pot shots from the students so I took the time to kill them. She doesn't seem to do much during those parts so the time spent on them wasn't really that detrimental

Also, about the Warsworn, if you picked the
Deity and not the Warsworn
be warned that any time you go into a Warsworn base you will be attacked.

Oh I'm aware ... but
the reward is so much better!

vaelic

Banned
Anyone else think the smart camera could use work? Often times it doesn't turn quick enough or becomes stuck at a certain angle and I have to manually turn it. I seem to constantly be fighting the camera more than monsters

360 controller and pc

Ken

You must. I got one before I perked my persuasion. I had a 5% chance and got it. It was in the tutorial dungeon before you leave you can ask that dude for "help".

Yup. I failed his and got no potions. Then I failed the persuasion option with the dude being attacked by the bear right when you leave the Well of Souls, and my last failure was with the first Fateweaver you meet.

;_;

Top Bottom