• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Grinchy

Banned
I have side quests I can't even finished because of the fight at the end of the dungeon being too hard. One of them is and orange boss with a million yellow-orange spiders. I had to walk back out of the dungeon because there was just no way for me to win the fight yet. The difficulty has been fine to me so far, though I guess I should mention I forget about my reckoning meter all the time. I get through hard fights and realize it has been full all along.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have side quests I can't even finished because of the fight at the end of the dungeon being too hard. One of them is and orange boss with a million yellow-orange spiders. I had to walk back out of the dungeon because there was just no way for me to win the fight yet. The difficulty has been fine to me so far, though I guess I should mention I forget about my reckoning meter all the time. I get through hard fights and realize it has been full all along.

Oh this bitch, she's not too hard. Keep her on the bottom, and lure the spiders up. Her projectiles will hit the slope and fail to reach you :p

scy

So, I've come to a crossroads. I have two main quests, one sends me to the Plains of Erathell and the other to Detyre. All three faction quests are in Erathell as well. Is Detyre pretty small quest wise, compared to Erathell? Thinking Detyre first.

Faction progression is
Erathell then Detyre
but the plot seems be more towards
Detyre then Erathell
. Detyre is definitely the smaller of the two with some tighter (e.g., more linked) quest chains in the areas. I also think that
Detyre has a lower level cap in general than Erathell

31. Already got 21 hours into the game, and thats an incredible feat for me in such a short amount of time. No game has grabbed me like since this since Deus Ex Human Revolution, and before that game, had to be Halo from last gen.

This game has so damn fun and is dangerous levels of addicting. Ive redone my character 4 times now and have tried pretty much all the combo's. Finally settled on Daggers/Faeblades and Chakrams (the bows are awesome. So awesome. But these Chakrams..... I mean.... lol)

Rad Agast

Problem I keep having now is trying to continue the Warsworn questline and along the path to get there I keep running into new quests, and I can't turn them down. Very addictive game.

Yep, I have the same problem with Warsworn and House of Ballads quest lines. I had to pretend that I didn't see the Travellers/Star Camp and just ran through just to keep my quest load down a bit.

I have a question regarding the main quest, there is a point where you get two quests there at the same time. For those who finished them, does it matter which one I tackle first? or should I try to juggle both at the same time?

Looking at my play time, 31 hours and I feel like I've got so much there to see (level 14 Seer on Hard).

timkunedo

So close to pulling the trigger in origin, but i have to wait 30 days until my 25%off kicks in. I just may wait until the first origin sale.

Apeboy

First, all of you get the hell off my lawn.

Second, Curt or KoA team member, are any gameplay or balancing tweaks going to be made to the DLC from the feedback given post launch?

Klyka

Banned
Yep, I have the same problem with Warsworn and House of Ballads quest lines. I had to pretend that I didn't see the Travellers/Star Camp and just ran through just to keep my quest load down a bit.

I have a question regarding the main quest, there is a point where you get two quests there at the same time. For those who finished them, does it matter which one I tackle first? or should I try to juggle both at the same time?

Looking at my play time, 31 hours and I feel like I've got so much there to see (level 14 Seer on Hard).

I would advise you to go find your "Old Friend" in Detyre too. Detyre seems to be a bit lower level than the Plains and it's smaller too, with tighter quests close to each other.
It felt exactly right going there after Dalentarth. It also gives you a nice change of pace from all the green you saw till then.

Oh and Adessa is AWESOME.

Rad Agast

I would advise you to go find your "Old Friend" in Detyre too. Detyre seems to be a bit lower level than the Plains and it's smaller too, with tighter quests close to each other.
It felt exactly right going there after Dalentarth. It also gives you a nice change of pace from all the green you saw till then.

Aha, thanks for the tip. I think I'll do that tomorrow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I actually went up north, but what level were you when you made that decision? I feel like I'm leveling like mad. I'm already 20.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Aw yeah, after nearly 20 hours I finally got a house.
Adessa
(hardly a spoiler, but just in case) is pretty majestic, by far the biggest settlement yet. So hooked on this game.

Klyka

Banned
I actually went up north, but what level were you when you made that decision? I feel like I'm leveling like mad. I'm already 20.

I was level 23 after 24 hours of playtime when I had finished up all of Dalentarth and left for Detyre. I just now finished all of Detyre apart from Adessa, which i just entered. Finished House of Valor too. 33 hours playtime, lvl 27.

Dresden

Only full set I have is the . . . House of Ballads armor. Lol.

Otherwise I have single pieces for like seven different sets.

I love when I find a chest with hard lock and hard dispel on it and there is a potion inside and a few moment later and dive in river and I get a epic (unique) weapon lol

Did anyone actually got a set piece drop from the enemies?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I love when I find a chest with hard lock and hard dispel on it and there is a potion inside and a few moment later and dive in river and I get a epic (unique) weapon lol

Did anyone actually got a set piece drop from the enemies?

Yeah, I got the low level mage ones off a thresh

As for the people saying the game is too easy, Most of the challenge comes from the dungeons and stuff. The open world stuff in general is filler. I've had grey mobs on the outside of a place and once I've gone inside almost everything was orange. Which makes no god damn sense but what ever haha

Are you playing on Normal or Hard?

Just got the game, so I'm curious where I should start. If I start on Normal, is there a specific path through the quests/world I should follow so I don't over-level? And if I start Hard, is there a strategy to keep it manageable? Just looking for the best challenge, and some of the posts in this thread have me worried that the game may be too easy. Trying to avoid that if possible.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Are you playing on Normal or Hard?

Just got the game, so I'm curious where I should start. If I start on Normal, is there a specific path through the quests/world I should follow so I don't over-level? And if I start Hard, is there a strategy to keep it manageable? Just looking for the best challenge, and some of the posts in this thread have me worried that the game may be too easy. Trying to avoid that if possible.

I found not doing too many side quests, and just focusing on the main story arch helped here. Side quests get me leveling too fast, and make it so I can pummel most stuff too easily. This has kept things decently challenging for me. I'm mostly doing side quests for an occasional bit of color, and a distraction from everything else going on in the game. I'll probably go back and do them all after finishing the main quest.

Midou

Have done close to 30 side-quests and faction quests now, and I'm getting kind of bored of quest marker chasing even with the awesome combat.

Think I'm just gonna do the main quests, I feel they are done pretty well.

Top Bottom