• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leader of Oregon occupation Ammon Bundy, at least 8 others arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like camping at a Charlie Daniels music festival.

What part of "you are free to leave but if there are warrants against you, prepare for arrest" do these idiots not understand?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/or...-cops-in-drunken-rant-i-will-kill-all-of-you/
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...bundys-threatens-kill-officers-camera-n504216

They day before the big arrest, Oregon State Police and local tribal police arrested for DUI a man who was on his way to join the occupation.

It starts off fairly calm but the guy is armed (with a pellet gun) and as the officers start to arrest him, he goes off on a crazy, slurring rant concerning (among other things): he's a Green Beret colonel, had his service record sealed by Reagan, Obama, Nazis, and that when he gets out he's gonna kill all* the cops arresting him. Glad they nabbed him before he could join these morons.

*except the state police because, I assume, crazy sovereign citizen-esque nonsense

besada

Banned
http://www.kxl.com/3-detained-five-holdouts-remain-malheur/
Five occupants are holding their ground at the Malheur National Park after almost four weeks into the standoff. The group has been intermittently streaming live video from the site. The group only has one demand, that is for the felony charges of one of the five remaining occupants to be dropped. According to their Youtube video the FBI is unwilling to meet that demand.

Meanwhile, the majority of the occupants have left the facility. Roughly a dozen activists left the scene Wednesday. Late Wednesday night, three more occupants were detained including Jason Patrick, the self-proclaimed leader following the arrest of Ammon Bundy. The first Oregonian involved in the occupancy was also arrested late Wednesday. The man is from Irrigon, Oregon, located just north of the refuge.
I've seen conflicting reports over whether there are four or five left.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...militants-still-inside-oregon-wildlife-refuge
Saying "everybody feels it's unfair," Fry says that those inside the refuge have told the federal negotiator that they're willing to go:

"Just let us leave right now. We're willing to leave. And if they want to check the guns for — if it's stolen guns or what-not — we're agreeing to that. We're being reasonable and trying to be peaceful."
But the militants are insisting that the warrant against the one militant be dismissed first. The negotiator's response was that it's not possible to drop the felony charge, Fry says — something he says is "kind of silly."
The balls on these fuckers.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
One of these clowns was describing the arrest as crazy, "What are they arresting them for? Nothing! Just a warrant!"

Um, that's how warrants work.

mclem

4Y42GNt.jpg

Not big on counting, is he?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's like watching a bunch of kids act up against their parents.

They act like assholes but then once they realize that they're actually in trouble, they start crying and going for the pity party.

These guys are grown men and were rah-rahing about armed warfare with the government for weeks. And now that they actually have their attention, they're crying and going WAHHHHH BUT WHYYY WE DID NOTHING WRONG WAAHHH

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The defense that these guys keep using - that they're not dangerous at all - reminds me of Bender's last words in that Iron Giant parody episode of Futurama.

"I came here with a simple dream. A dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real 7 billion ton robot monster here? Not... I..."

eu pfhor ia

Neo Member
...Does this come off as anything but ridiculous and delusional for anyone watching?
IS my faith in humanity still too intact to believe there are those out there who believe what he's saying?

yes, do NOT scan through internet comments about this situation too closely or you will have every scrap of that faith evaporate

Just amazing.

An amazing sequence of events. The fucking cheek. Now that the revolution you believed with all your heart isn't going to happen, you want to go home without any consequences, huh?

"plz let us go we're americans!"

Loxley

These guys are crying about not wanting to go to jail for committing an act of aggression against government property and spewing borderline-treasonous rhetoric? All in the name of a half-assed and ill-advised "revolution" that managed to get one of their friends killed and the ring-leader put back in prison?

If you were so concerned about your children, maybe you shouldn't have dragged them into your armed stand-off with the government.

I don't want them to leave the compound just yet.

I want them to clean up the mess they've made.

Then leave.

And take the dildos with them.

neshcom

Banned
It's funny to see how fast they turned on the "don't check our guns" demand. I hope those involved with destroying land and property get charged and tried. There's got to be plenty of self-incriminating video evidence.

riotous

Banned
It's amazing how they all share the same naive arrogance about the crimes they have blatantly committed. They seem to be well aware they were committing crimes when talking about how they'd rather die then go to jail, etc. It doesn't make any sense; why would you think the cops are gonna come kill you but not arrest you?

I guess the only thing that makes sense is that these people are quite literally not smart.

The defense that these guys keep using - that they're not dangerous at all - reminds me of Bender's last words in that Iron Giant parody episode of Futurama.

"I came here with a simple dream. A dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real 7 billion ton robot monster here? Not... I..."

Perfect.

antipode

It's a disturbing video. He makes a run for it at 8:13, runs the station wagon over into the snow at the roadblock and appears to hit an agent that came out of the roadblock to try to stop him from passing. Then puts his hands up, then appears to be jogging in the snow with his hands in his pockets. Unclear if he's injured. He gets shot by an agent behind him shortly thereafter.

besada

Banned
That matches pretty closely what Mike McConnell said happened, which is he made a run for it, ran into a snow bank, came out unexpectedly, and reached for his weapon.

Weirdly it is nothing like the ridiculous 120 shots, shot on his knees, with his hands up that certain folk have been trying to peddle.

riotous

Banned
Yeah looks like he plowed through an agent.

I like how someone was in the trees. Although that could have turned into a wicked crossfire situation.

Of course that's what happened.

Ammond Bundy is a piece of trash who tried to fan the flames of this shit even as he was being taken in.

What a fucking joke these people are. If your cause was so just, why would you need to lie?

WedgeX

Banned
Also after he is take down, shots being fired from the truck can be seen by the puffs of smoke. Unarmed my ass.

Didn't notice that at first. Lots of bullet holes through the windshield following that from the looks of it. Was law enforcement throwing lots of flashbangs at them?

And he was for sure trying to draw a weapon. That's an unmistakable gesture.

Chococat

Where do you see the smoke?

Just after 10:40

There is the flash bang before this. After the camera comes around the trees, there is on shot from window

Edit: and at 10:20 noted below. Are those some sort of gas shots from the officers instead of shots from the truck? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sagroth

Didn't notice that at first. Lots of bullet holes through the windshield following that from the looks of it. Was law enforcement throwing lots of flashbangs at them?

And he was for sure trying to draw a weapon. That's an unmistakable gesture.

According to the FBI press release(which another poster linked to above), both flashbangs and nonlethal rounds were used to subdue those in the car. Also, the FBI had been told that Finnicum was armed, and there was indeed a loaded gun in the pocket he reached for.

The death is unfortunate, to be sure. However, the insistence that Finnicum was lying on the ground surrendering told by Bundy and others has been proven to be a complete fabrication.

Edit: quote from the FBI press release:

Approximately 30 seconds after the shooting, law enforcement officers at the scene deployed flash bangs to disorient any other armed occupants. Shortly after that, they deployed less-lethal sponge projectiles with OC capsules. Those OC capsules would be similar to pepper spray.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Did...he actually run over an FBI agent?

And turns out Bundy was full of shit after all? I'm shocked.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did...he actually run over an FBI agent?

And turns out Bundy was full of shit after all? I'm shocked.

I am assuming the FBI agent was unharmed as there were no reports of Law Enforcement injuries.

It certainly looks like it was a close miss though.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Definitely looked like he was reaching for his gun or something near his waistband.

Here is how he wears a holster in this old photo:

7NE2jwA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom