• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

LOZLINK

Press the options button while in the waiting room and select "return to title". You can quit while in a level, but doing so will count as you dying.
Can't find it. Maybe because I just started, but it won't show up while I'm in the waiting room

Kind of a huge bummer this game won't let you use Spotify while playing. Would really ease some of the more grindy aspects.

Varg

Banned
I'm assuming you have to just progress further in the tower to gain more levels ? I'm at max for what I can get with a bunch of points left over and I can't pass lvl 25

Card Boy

Banned
Starting to like this game now. The block thing still annoys me though because when you try to do it while moving you roll and waste stamina. It's almost worth not trying to block.

So played for a few hours and really loving the game. I would've actually paid for this.

Just what i need is another online game I'm hooked on.

I'm not liking the whole other people can steal all my money and what not.. I hope the can change that somehow

Audioboxer

R2 / L2 + X to reload a projectile weapon. Thanks, Meijin.

Are they not randomized? I got blueprints from floors 2 and 3, but one was head and the other leg armor.

They might be mate, sorry I didn't know. Glad I got the metal baseball bat as it is quite good and as a single handed weapon equipping two of them is quite deadly. I prefer faster weapons as slower get interrupted quote easily.

Golden box gave me a gun. Not sure if you can buy bullets or not.

So played for a few hours and really loving the game. I would've actually paid for this.

I'm not liking the whole other people can steal all my money and what not.. I hope the can change that somehow
Yeah, I absolutely would have paid for this. It's insane that it's free.

Audioboxer

As would I. Like most F2P content I like I usually end up wishing I could pay for it instead. I wish more F2P games encouraged you to spend £30-40 and then you pretty much have unlocked everything. It's when they get greedy and want to continue draining money from a player I usually say fuck off.

This game seems like it is going to be quite fair and I'll consider that VIP program. Issue is though no matter how much fun I'm having this isn't an MMO and I don't necessarily want to spend a monthly sub indefinitely.

Back in the PS2 era something like this would be a standard price and you'd have everything available to you. Most games are taking unique concepts and I guess understandably going F2P for getting many people on board. Difficulty is they have to find a way to strongly encourage monetization or the studio dies. So it either comes down to relying on whales or making it incredibly frustrating for normal players. Hence why I pretty much hate F2P in anything outside of mobile games.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It's a bit weird you keep the mastery levels across different characters, but it makes leveling up new people really easy. Filling the fridge with max level people won't take that long.

This game is pretty fun. I killed Coen before calling it a night. Didn't die once yet but I got close when I was mobbed. I've mostly been using my fist, the ranged weapons are kind of booty, even in the aiming mode with the pistol, it might still miss, because there is some randomness in where the bullet flies even if you have them right in the center. It also seems really easy to max out 1 fighter, I have 4 stats maxed and my luck is almost there with no points in dex. Though I think that is the point since you probably are expected to lose a fighter. Did anyone try that multiplayer mode where you raid other people's waiting room? How is it? I joined Texas group, luckily it had over 100 people in it. Some states had less than 10 lol.

Since rolling wastes so much stamina in this game (like seriously 3 rolls and you are out of breath and ready to be dunked on) I found strafing and sprinting when you need to make them whiff the best evasive option. You can sprint even with lock on, really useful to get around people trying to shoot you up.

Nah, it's just a once a day gift. A sort of login bonus.

Thanks!

Hey everyone this game is pretty good.
Always liked the Souls game just never liked the setting (except for Bloodborne) so its cool seeing those mechanics in a different enviroment..even though skateboarding skeleton is some corny shit!

Audioboxer

I got given another metal token today, and also a 1 day taster of VIP. Yay, I can ride the nice elevator for a day lol.

My character is level 25 and max 5/5 on upgrade stats. What are these mastery levels? Should I just keep going up floors for now?

I also got given a new sticker after activating 24 hour VIP. Golden cat thing that increases coins by 20%. Kind of crappy my previous sticker when peeled off disappears. Didn't know that would happen. Guess that is F2P at work, stickers are one time use. Not sure how you unlock more sticker slots.

Also for people wondering what this game is like, it kinda reminds me of Manhunt + Demon's Souls + Nu-Grasshopper with some neat roguelike mechanics. Pretty addictive so far.

This game is super fun. It's wonky to control for sure, but the dungeon crawling is neat and the sense of humor and overall atmosphere is just, I dunno, it speaks to me. I was actually laughing out loud the first time the insurance woman appeared to hawk the free to play stuff.

Incidentally, that stuff seems... quite fair? We'll see I suppose. Maybe the game is generous up front and stingy later but it seems like you can play just fine without spending anything. That being said, if I stick with it, who knows, I might toss a few bucks at it.

Alastor3

Oh shit. So the crafting is interesting!

See, while yes, it's time gated. In the sense that you must wait time after crafting (ala Warframe), you don't need to recraft something later on. You can simply buy it again from the guy. Although it does look like there is a time thing with also buying stuff...

Luckily what I got thus far only cost 1 min... I don't really see the point of the wait time.

Later on, it goes up to 20h

which is not bad considering I was recently waiting for a 9 days skills to finish in Eve online

Reule

Asked earlier but didn't see if anyone else experiences it. Does it normally take awhile to load up the game for any of you?

Yooo. I did a run through that first floor, checked the hub and went back to first floor. Trying to see how the game works.

Some level 30 guy was hiding behind a wall and kills me. Said he was a hater. I didnt even bother wasting a gem, starting over. Why do they put such high level enemies in the world?

Yooo. I did a run through that first floor, checked the hub and went back to first floor. Trying to see how the game works.

Some level 30 guy was hiding behind a wall and kills me. Said he was a hater. I didnt even bother wasting a gem, starting over. Why do they put such high level enemies in the world?
It's a dead player character. I ran into a level 25 character on the first floor too. Either people with high level characters are dying on repeated runs, or they're purposefully getting killed to try and get gear

audio_delay

Neo Member

That is a gamer sending one of his/her character on expedition. Try save up some shrooms, like explosives and sleep to get rid of them. It is annoying that they didn'ty cap the levels for this feature.
However, believe in the power of the mushrooms!

It's a dead player character. I ran into a level 25 character on the first floor too. Either people with high level characters are dying on repeated runs, or they're purposefully getting killed to try and get gear

Oh maybe..he had an orange name. What do they do put random player people in your world?

-EDIT-
I dont understand the respawn. As soon as you die you can spend a gem to continue. If you dont you go back to the freezer and spend coins instead? I opted to go back to the hub, unhaterfied my girl (which cost 5k, yikes) and she had all her items

Trickytoon

Neo Member
Suda 51 games generally rub me up the wrong way so I went into this with low expectations, but its actually a great deal of fun.

Top Bottom