• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Can't believe I just played a suda51 game for like 8 hours straight.

I don't even know if it's good, but it's certainly addictive. Have a few max level characters now, but kept them all in the freezer since I don't want them stolen. Yet. And spent all my money on r&d and two permanent decals so don't care about getting raided.

The only time I was close to dying while raiding someone was when their fighter had two metal bats equipped. I might try that out on my characters, but the hammer is much more damaging at the same upgrade level.

It is not random. Go to your freezer and you will see what i mean. basically some people are funny using their high lvl characters to target starters.

Yeah mad annoying. I keep going to level 1 and there is always someone waiting in the same spot now. Behind some yellow box. Can i play offline?

-EDIT-
I see what you mean by the way..you can send someone from your freezer to mess with other players..even lets you choose who!

It's probably been detailed already, sorry if so but what are the F2P mechanics like? haven't had a chance to play this yet.

From what I played it seems really fair. Definitely not pay to win if that's what you're asking.

At this point, it seems you can absolutely play the whole game totally fine without paying anything.

I'm having a rough rough time dealing with 3+ enemies at once without a ranged weapon. So far I've just been kiting them around getting them to attack each other

NotLiquid

Woke up and still nothing on the store.

What the hell :/ Just about every other game that was confirmed as a "available now" game has been updated here

High level haters in level one seems like an odd mechanic.

Yup...done with this game. They are always in the same spot..behind this yellow box. Its not fun getting halfway through the level then sprinting to the end, using the escalator and then backtracking.

Audioboxer

Second premium decal is one of those specific faction bonuses. 20% extra defense if wearing the same faction head/body/bottom armor. Shrug.

^

How do you do it? I've killed the mini boss a while back. In maim hub the police like guy wants to send me to another players hub. Do I need to do that first before I can upgrade?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How do you do it? I've killed the mini boss a while back. In maim hub the police like guy wants to send me to another players hub. Do I need to do that first before I can upgrade?

There should be a list of options on the left, like Raid, Waiting Room, My Team, etc. it's under "Waiting Room" and you upload your Bank.

I don't remember if you need to raid someone first. Does he keep saying something about fast tracking you or whatever because it's your first time? I don't remember if there was a way to back out of that into the options part, but if not I guess just do it.

Audioboxer

There should be a list of options on the left, like Raid, Waiting Room, My Team, etc. it's under "Waiting Room" and you upload your Bank.

I don't remember if you need to raid someone first. Does he keep saying something about fast tracking you or whatever because it's your first time? I don't remember if there was a way to back out of that into the options part, but if not I guess just do it.

Yeah that is what he is saying. I obviously need to carry out what he says first. Thanks

Varg

Banned
First boss down. It was glorious . Edge of my seat the entire time . Had to use one of my coins to revive as I wasn't doing that again .

Audioboxer

First boss down. It was glorious . Edge of my seat the entire time . Had to use one of my coins to revive as I wasn't doing that again .

First boss can be "farmed". Best thing to do is crouch and use something like bats to get in one~two hits and then roll away. Once you learn his attack pattern it is actually quite easy, although slow and methodical, to kill him without taking any damage.

tamminen

Oh what the hell the games not available for me. Waited the whole goddamn day to get home from work to download it. Dont do this to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pachimari

I still don't see this game on EU PSN? Somebody got a link?

I have looked in both latest releases, free-to-play and searched for it on both the PS4 and a browser.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Asking again! Is this a PvP or a PvE game? Do you engage with other real people or is it all single player stuff?

delSai

How to save and how to quit?

Don't wanna play the tutorial again.

When you're in your Waiting Room, press Options and choose the last Option, that will take you back to the title screen.

Asking again! Is this a PvP or a PvE game? Do you engage with other real people or is it all single player stuff?

Its PvE, you will fight against other players characters, but they're not controlled by the player.

sorry if its been asked but what's the "catch" to this. pay to win? cosmetics? ect

Its not Pay to Win at all, it's really fair actually. The Real Money Thing lets you speed up things and revive at the place you died, that way you dont have to start from the beginning BUT you will get the premium currency as log in rewards too.

SHarris78

Jeez, first encounter with more than 2 enemies and I realease how much of a mess the controls are. Can't even throw an explosive as there's no time become the enemies are sprinting towards me.

Varg

Banned
First boss can be "farmed". Best thing to do is crouch and use something like bats to get in one~two hits and then roll away. Once you learn his attack pattern it is actually quite easy, although slow and methodical, to kill him without taking any damage.

Yeah got caught in the electric wall and boss went to town on me . I personally used the crossbow that I researched and lvled it up about before the fight . Was some good damage . How the boss introduced himself gave me a good laugh. The humor in the game suits me well. Told my friends to try it hopefully they give it a chance .

This game took me by surprise. Last time I saw it, it seemed like some sore of Manhunt arena MP brawler kinda game, with no personality to it. Glad this ended up being a decent Soulslite game,that oozes personality.

delSai

So not the room where Hitler guy and Mushroom lady is ?

Because I didn't find the quit option in the menu.

Oh all of that is the Waiting Room, so you're in the right place. "Back to Title" is right under Config, maybe you have to finish the Tutorial first tho, i'm not sure.

Guymelef

This game is dope.
Finally I can beat my two previous characters and now they are in my stock again.

Also what is for the 24h or 1month tickets?

Nothus

Is there poise or a poise equivalent in this game? If I get tagged by an enemy it is really hard to roll away and avoid getting hit again. Almost impossible actually. So I end up getting hit two or three times before me spamming circle actually has an effect.

I can't tell if it's poor controls or an actual mechanic and I need to equip better gear etc.

Xliskin

From what I played it seems really fair. Definitely not pay to win if that's what you're asking.

At this point, it seems you can absolutely play the whole game totally fine without paying anything.

I downloading the game now what is the first part of the downloading will unlock ?

I dont have the option to quit to menu. I have 4 options the bag, the book, id service and config.

Edit: I just need to play more, and it unlocks.

CyzZV_DUcAEHff2.jpg

tfw my Special Forces Beret broke.

Press x to..................

88ca5f9f1d3d825cddaa3e5df90c067e0e002245_full.jpg

Top Bottom