• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The name Johann Johannsson is amazing. I like Max Richter but they overuse his music in films/ advertisements/documentaries. I remember constantly hearing tracks from infra all over the place.

Reminds me of Erik Erikson adopting his name, the implication being that he is 'self created'.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Question for you folks: when you're dating someone, which anniversaries do you celebrate or at least note? To clarify, I mean like, "x amount of time has passed since we started dating, woo!"

Alrus

Question for you folks: when you're dating someone, which anniversaries do you celebrate or at least note? To clarify, I mean like, "x amount of time has passed since we started dating, woo!"

We usually do something for each year we've been together. I guess some people do stuff for every six months but that's a bit cheesy in my opinion.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Year anniversaries. I find it tacky to celebrate 3 months, 6 months, etc.

The word anniversary means yearly. I guess if you need/want to mark your relationships in such small milestones then knock yourself out.

Monocle

boxerbrief_cosmos_main7.jpg

Need!
I'll take it!

Sai-kun

Banned

I celebrate (aka: point out the day)1/3/6 months and then actually do something for the year, and from then on just celebrate the anniversary of another year! :)

alvmew

Hey everyone. Anyone have plans this weekend?

Unfortunately not. I have my usual homework, laundry, and meal prep to get done like I do every weekend, but that'll take no time at all.

I can honestly count my IRL friends on one hand (I have plenty of acquaintances, but really four friends I actually hang out with) - two have plans with their spouses all weekend, one is out of town for the weekend, and the fourth has been kind of off the grid for a few weeks, so doubt anything will happen there.

So while I would love to do something, I have no idea what and no one to do anything with. Wish I had the money to just go out of town for the weekend, but nope.

Sorry for all of the whining lol.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yes! I wonder if Le1f will have more on his new album. SOPHIE is one of my favorite producers recently.

"Hey QT" is FLAWLESS. Ugh! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA
"Lemonade" is so luscious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc

Slay! I need more damnit.

but where is Liz's flawless summer smash? Throw a dog a bone.

Sophie and the PC Music scene is getting way over exposed right now, tho. Their whole sound works best as a passing flash of brilliance.

Just yearly anniversary. Ours is on my birthday, so no fears of forgetting that.

I'm so uninformed. I have no idea what Rectify is and I have never heard that song. :(

I liked the song though, thanks. Wish it was on Spotify though. I thought the video was nice as well.

Rectify is the Sundance channel's first scripted TV show, and without hyperbole it might be the best TV show ever. It is certainly my favourite.

Kate Bush is amazing and a goddess and a genius. I basically want to be her. Here's more:

Hounds of Love
Moments of Pleasure

Spyware

Before this current relationship I used to note every month but only celebrate the actual anniversary... meaning I did that once because I only had a single relationship that was longer than 2 months ;P
In my current relationship we celebrate on our anniversary which is also my partners birthday. I point out the half year mark too but it's more "half a year until we can eat cake!" :D Sometimes we also mention the month we started talking as a "hey, now we have known each other for x years, yay for the day we started talking!" thing.
Half year mark coming up this month actually. 8 and a half. Feel like celebrating it with at least "fika" this time because I'm having such a bad year. :(

Hounds of Love is perfect. Moments is alright...

Is Rectify on Netflix?

I didn't appreciate Moments at first, but she's singing about the people that she lost in her life, which changed my appreciation of it quite a bit. And I think her constant spinning in the video is an interesting symbol, both for the passage of time, and how you can 'miss' people, or how it can seem like the people that we cherish just briefly cross our path.

And since I've been posting Kate Bush videos, Sensual World is her best video (but not her best song, tbh). Oh and I should post the obvious one, Running Up That Hill.

And yes Rectify is on Netflix.

DOWN

Banned
Gay club was fine but I didn't drink enough. Party tonight across the street from where I live but with more drinks.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
3 day weekend!

So basically, watching Mad Max, play Metal Gear Solid 5, and mess around with the Sphere BB-8.

Oooo, let us know how the BB-8 is! I'm curious if it's actually as cool as the footage makes it seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom