• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Somnia

Despite all of MS's flaws at least they are getting the new features, etc. input into Xbox One in a good time. With MKV/DLNA, etc. support coming real soon along with wireless TV viewing the One is turning into a good media hub... now if these next gen systems would just have more games.

eznark

Banned
^ Xbox doesn't even have that!

Despite all of MS's flaws at least they are getting the new features, etc. input into Xbox One in a good time. With MKV/DLNA, etc. support coming real soon along with wireless TV viewing the One is turning into a good media hub... now if these next gen systems would just have more games.

Have they implemented the feature where I can watch TV without having to turn the xbox on yet?

Somnia

^ Xbox doesn't even have that!

Have they implemented the feature where I can watch TV without having to turn the xbox on yet?

Ya it's called don't plug your cable box into the XBox One just into the TV.

They are adding "boot to tv" though so you just turn on the one and it will auto start with TV.

eznark

Banned
Ya it's called don't plug your cable box into the XBox One just into the TV.

They are adding "boot to tv" though so you just turn on the one and it will auto start with TV.

If it's not acting as a cable box add on what the fuck is it used for?? To play year old PC games and 15 year old console games?

No thanks brah

Somnia

If it's not acting as a cable box add on what the fuck is it used for?? To play year old PC games and 15 year old console games?

No thanks brah

WTF are you even talking about? You can boot straight to TV... how hard is that? You say "xbox on" and your tv, sound and xbox all turn on straight to TV when they add the feature in the next month or so.

As of now there aren't many games on either system to play, but there are a couple exclusives on one I want this holiday opposed to PS4 which has 1 I want early next year.

Edit: Also I am sick of EA spamming me with hype for this new game they are announcing tomorrow lol

Sokantish

LiveWire, what are you talking about? You don't like Dead Rising or Ryse?

WTF are you even talking about? You can boot straight to TV... how hard is that? You say "xbox on" and your tv, sound and xbox all turn on straight to TV when they add the feature in the next month or so.

Does next month or so mean in 1-2 months? Or like 2-6 months?

eznark

Banned
LiveWire has a PC.

As of now there aren't many games on either system to play, but there are a couple exclusives on one I want this holiday opposed to PS4 which has 1 I want early next year.

Edit: Also I am sick of EA spamming me with hype for this new game they are announcing tomorrow lol

Yeah but then my wife has to deal with notifications and shit. And lol at saying xbox on, I'm not hooking up a kinect.

So are we gonna dare to attempt a club on FIFA? Cause it's a lot easier in NHL when there's only 5. But it might be fun to have a club, the clusterfuck could be worth it.

I'm going to call midfielder or defense because if I am your striker....just harken back to all of our first year in NHL together. Breakaways. Yeah.

Somnia

Does next month or so mean in 1-2 months? Or like 2-6 months?

MS does monthly updates and they said the features shown at gamescom will be by end of October.

LiveWire has a PC.

Yeah but then my wife has to deal with notifications and shit. And lol at saying xbox on, I'm not hooking up a kinect.

Fair enough with your wife's thing, she could always make her own profile and not have notifications turned on... but then you'll have to use kinect to auto sign her in probably lol

eznark

Banned
MS does monthly updates and they said the features shown at gamescom will be by end of October.

Fair enough with your wife's thing, she could always make her own profile and not have notifications turned on... but then you'll have to use kinect to auto sign her in probably lol

The point of it is to make it so my wife never, ever, ever has to interface with a video game.

Somnia

The point of it is to make it so my wife never, ever, ever has to interface with a video game.

She would never ever have to if you set up a profile for her with her face linked to said profile. Then all she has to do is do what I said above when the auto boot to TV comes out... but you refuse to use kinect. Instead when auto boot comes out since you won't use kinect she would have to turn on the xbox, login to her profile and then watch tv or you could turn off notifications on your profile and just deal with it... or better yet just leave the damn cable box to the tv and ignore tv through xbox.

eznark

Banned
She would never ever have to if you set up a profile for her with her face linked to said profile. Then all she has to do is do what I said above when the auto boot to TV comes out... but you refuse to use kinect. Instead when auto boot comes out since you won't use kinect she would have to turn on the xbox, login to her profile and then watch tv or you could turn off notifications on your profile and just deal with it... or better yet just leave the damn cable box to the tv and ignore tv through xbox.

So don't buy an xbox.

sold

eznark

Banned
Or don't buy it to be a TV player? Some of us (Bob) use it all the time for TV, but it still has a good selection of exclusives coming out for it to buy as a gaming machine.

I think Sunset Overdrive looks like shallow tripe...what else is there? I can wait three months for Tomb Raider, I haven't even finished the first one! Halo is out on three other systems.

Somnia

I think Sunset Overdrive looks like shallow tripe...what else is there? I can wait three months for Tomb Raider, I haven't even finished the first one! Halo is out on three other systems.

I personally think Sunset looks amazing, but ya if that isnt for you then you should hold off till next year.

For me this year there is Horizon 2, Sunset, Halo MCC and Killer Instinct Season 2 (along with some of the indie stuff).

Tomb Raider isn't till holiday 2015, but I'm not talking about 2015 till we get a better idea of whats coming out beyond the first 3 months cause we don't know if titles like Scalebound/Crackdown are 2015 or 2016.

eznark

Banned
Oh ha, I thought TR was this year.

I was actually considering getting it once they said they had made the NFL integration way deeper, then they showed what they meant I lost all interest. I can't honestly imagine a game that would make me get it. Maybe it OOTP 16 is an xbone exclusive.

rinse82

So are we gonna dare to attempt a club on FIFA? Cause it's a lot easier in NHL when there's only 5. But it might be fun to have a club, the clusterfuck could be worth it.

I'm going to call midfielder or defense because if I am your striker....just harken back to all of our first year in NHL together. Breakaways. Yeah.

I'm down

Ferny

Hey Eznark, thought you may find this interesting. I went to visit a client in Jacksonville and they have a fucking indoor inground trampoline in their lobby. Shit was crazy. Wish I got to take a picture.

Smokey

The PS4 and Xbox One are literally babyz PCs until 4Q/ 2015.

Eznark acting like the PS4 is some God's gift to a TV and taking a shit on X1 is lul

brentech

iSRKxHJWachm2.gif

Smokey

As lul as your ability to read.

I'm not going to go back a page and read what is 99% of the time DOTA talk. Instead I am faced with a shit stain page of you playing devil's advocate for who knows what reason. Don't plug the cable box into X1 and problem solved before it even starts woo

eznark

Banned
I'm not going to go back a page and read what is 99% of the time DOTA talk. Instead I am faced with a shit stain page of you playing devil's advocate for who knows what reason. Don't plug the cable box into X1 and problem solved before it even starts woo

Where on this page did I say nice things about the ps4?

Smokey

Where on this page did I say nice things about the ps4?

eznark said:

No thanks brah

Inference made by me. What's the point of the PS4? They both are currently playing hand me down PC games and remasters of old games. Equally terrible at the moment. At least you could watch TV and play those terrible games at the same time on X1.

lets face it. i just want No Man's Sky to come out. and then drastically let me down because expectations are so high

Elite:Dangerous has the same concept as No Man's Sky and I would say takes it a step further. Or that's the goal with the expansions...and that game is actually available now (Beta...but still playable) and is made by the dudes who pioneered the "exploration genre". Way more confident in that game given the developers background versus that of Hello Games. I hope they can pull off No Man's Sky...it would be amazing and ground breaking on a console...but I have some doubts.

eznark

Banned
Inference made by me. What's the point of the PS4 at this point? They both are currently playing hand me down PC games and remasters of old games. Equally terrible at the moment. At least you could watch TV and play those terrible games at the same time on X1.

That's what I said on the last page! WiiU best console!

Inference made by me. What's the point of the PS4? They both are currently playing hand me down PC games and remasters of old games. Equally terrible at the moment. At least you could watch TV and play those terrible games at the same time on X1.

Elite:Dangerous has the same concept as No Man's Sky and I would say takes it a step further. Or that's the goal with the expansions...and that game is actually available now (Beta...but still playable) and is made by the dudes who pioneered the "exploration genre". Way more confident in that game given the developers background versus that of Hello Games. I hope they can pull off No Man's Sky...it would be amazing and ground breaking on a console...but I have some doubts.

Ps4 has the better controller, better games (KI only xbone game worth anything), better online interface (why did ms ruin Xbl?). The only reason I've turned on my xbox in the past 3 months is for FX app and watchESPN app. Probably the biggest waste of $500 in my life and I have paid that much to watch the niners get blown out in person.

With that said ps4 is whatever. Take away TLOU and resogun and what do you have?

Smokey

Ps4 has the better controller, better games (KI only xbone game worth anything), better online interface (why did ms ruin Xbl?). The only reason I've turned on my xbox in the past 3 months is for FX app and watchESPN app. Probably the biggest waste of $500 in my life and I have paid that much to watch the niners get blown out in person.

With that said ps4 is whatever. Take away TLOU and resogun and what do you have?

I have just about every game for both systems. I have no clue where this notion comes from that PS4 has such a vastly superior library. Do the games run better on PS4...yes. Besides Diablo 3.

The PS4 controller is cheap and trash. X1 controller isn't perfect either. But you can't turn off the light on the DS4, it drains in about 3.5 hours, and the quality of the analog sticks are terrible. The X1 controller is smaller and the bumpers are an issue. I'd rather deal with that then having to plug my controller in to constantly charge or having a shitty blue light reflect off of my TV when playing. Or spend more money to replace the shitty analog sticks to something of a higher quality.

And to your last point...you have PC ports and shitty indie games that are hyped by the hipsters.

Sanjuro

The only thing I regret losing in the Wii U sale was the superior Wii U Pro controller. It felt great and lasted forever.

I still think the XB1 controller is superior to the PS4, but there isn't a large level of difference here. Battery is simply unacceptable on PS4 though.

Mrbob

Or don't buy it to be a TV player? Some of us (Bob) use it all the time for TV, but it still has a good selection of exclusives coming out for it to buy as a gaming machine.
Don't be hating on xb1 being my personal power on/off adapter. It is the best use of the system being able to adjust power on my tv, cable box, and receiver all at once.

Top Bottom