• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Check your pms bro

edit- fuck nm, they sent me the same god damn code. Sorry :( Ugh stupid Sony

I'm too old for this shit

Played Splat in Madden and I won.

The new D-line stuff doesn't seem OP, yet. Also when we played on PS4 it didn't seem to be turned on for the second player and we couldn't find an option for it under the menus.

Seahawks defense doesn't force fumbles like the auto-win 49ers, but they are pretty tough to pass on, which considering my last experience with Madden was on 360 where Schoob and Andre Johnson lit up Sherman for like 200 yards, this was pretty nice.

I guess when based on a game and a half of play time the most glaringly bad things I saw were UI related, then the game is pretty good.

Played Splat in Madden and I won.

The new D-line stuff doesn't seem OP, yet. Also when we played on PS4 it didn't seem to be turned on for the second player and we couldn't find an option for it under the menus.

Seahawks defense doesn't force fumbles like the auto-win 49ers, but they are pretty tough to pass on, which considering my last experience with Madden was on 360 where Schoob and Andre Johnson lit up Sherman for like 200 yards, this was pretty nice.

I guess when based on a game and a half of play time the most glaringly bad things I saw were UI related, then the game is pretty good.

madden 25 D on 360/ps3 was absolute trash. they fixed it up quite a bit on ps4/xbone. seachickens were a tough D to pass on in madden 25 ps4. most of my games against the seahawks (az) were of the 10-7, 14-10 style

madden 25 D on 360/ps3 was absolute trash. they fixed it up quite a bit on ps4/xbone. seachickens were a tough D to pass on in madden 25 ps4. most of my games against the seahawks (az) were of the 10-7, 14-10 style

My final against Splat was 20-14. I had about 95 yards rushing with Lynch (most of which came on one run), and around 200 yards passing with Wussle. I only had one read option run go for more than about 3 yards, but I think I only called about 4 of them. I threw one pick (which absolutely was an awful throw and deserved to be picked) and I think Splat had maybe 2 (and he got away with one throw where I had 4 defenders in the area and some how none of them made a play on the ball).

I like the new arc meter it has for showing where you kick will go. This was somehow not on when I played on PS4 and I didn't see where to turn it on.

Also back on the subject of the D-Line stuff, at one point I swapped my D-line to fresh guys so I was controlling Benson Mayowa instead of Cliff Avril and it felt like the window for the early snap jump thing was a lot smaller and in general I could feel the difference in effectiveness of pass rush moves. Also if you spam the pass rush moves too much and your opponent runs at you or calls a screen then you'll end up like Jared Allen and be totally out of position on every play. I also noticed, and I don't know if this was a play call thing, an auto adjustment or what, but the offensive line actually double teamed me at times and the animation and effectiveness of it was a lot better than I remember seeing in the past. Again, a lot of this might have already been in next gen Madden but this was my first time playing next gen Madden.

Tackle cone did not automagically make me a better tackler in the open field. I think with more time in practice mode it would provide the kind of visual feed back that might help though.

In a non Madden related note, I enjoyed Crytek's MOBA more than I enjoyed Heroes of the Storm.

My final against Splat was 20-14. I had about 95 yards rushing with Lynch (most of which came on one run), and around 200 yards passing with Wussle. I only had one read option run go for more than about 3 yards, but I think I only called about 4 of them. I threw one pick (which absolutely was an awful throw and deserved to be picked) and I think Splat had maybe 2 (and he got away with one throw where I had 4 defenders in the area and some how none of them made a play on the ball).

I like the new arc meter it has for showing where you kick will go. This was somehow not on when I played on PS4 and I didn't see where to turn it on.

Also back on the subject of the D-Line stuff, at one point I swapped my D-line to fresh guys so I was controlling Benson Mayowa instead of Cliff Avril and it felt like the window for the early snap jump thing was a lot smaller and in general I could feel the difference in effectiveness of pass rush moves. Also if you spam the pass rush moves too much and your opponent runs at you or calls a screen then you'll end up like Jared Allen and be totally out of position on every play. I also noticed, and I don't know if this was a play call thing, an auto adjustment or what, but the offensive line actually double teamed me at times and the animation and effectiveness of it was a lot better than I remember seeing in the past. Again, a lot of this might have already been in next gen Madden but this was my first time playing next gen Madden.

Tackle cone did not automagically make me a better tackler in the open field. I think with more time in practice mode it would provide the kind of visual feed back that might help though.

In a non Madden related note, I enjoyed Crytek's MOBA more than I enjoyed Heroes of the Storm.

do inaccurate throws exist this year?

Somnia

Im actually really excited to get back into the league this year... to go 2-14 as like the browns or something when I lose the boys lol

Johnny Football is on the trading block!

do inaccurate throws exist this year?

Yes. I called a good old curl flats pass early on, and threw the ball to Baldwin on the left but instead of throwing it anywhere in the vicinity it went like 10 yards down the field and into the sideline. I will say when I played on All-Pro against randoms I didn't throw any incompletions, but there were some on All-Madden when I played Splat.

Oh, and I don't know if this was in next gen already, but the curl receivers on curl flats passes now run much more rounded hooks than the rather quick plant turns of past Maddens.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You're in for a shocker if you think Vick in madden is gonna something to gloat about next year. Take it from me, id know

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
And FMT will let you abuse it until he has to play you, just like with the Chiefs.

gbdance_zps2bbf08ed.gif

Splat

Screens were decently effective at e3! Purple also got to play the Order, so you guys can grill him about the multi-blackbar-30s.

It's post e3 and I have time to get killed at dota again soon. I assume the MK8 phase is already over?

Screens were decently effective at e3! Purple also got to play the Order, so you guys can grill him about the multi-blackbar-30s.

It's post e3 and I have time to get killed at dota again soon. I assume the MK8 phase is already over?

you name the time sister. i tried to get some MK together last night but not enough people around

Splat

E3 summary:

NHL/FIFA/Madden all seem pretty good.

I'm too good at Evolve already. (it's pretty awesome)

Broforce is fun.

Smash is fun.

Helldivers is hard. Seems like it'd be fun after the learning curve, though.

The Order: 1886 is the best.

As soon as my Wii U gets here I'll be down for Mario Kart.

W/r/t The Order, I sucked so bad they had to basically come over and hold my hand while I played it. I'm pretty ashamed. I had to go and play Babby's First DotA (Arena of Fate) afterwards in order to feel better about myself.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God damnit everyone on my list is playing Destiny..

Whine.. cry.. whine...

NOT FAIR.

Top Bottom