• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Rorschach

I need to catch up on what I missed at e3.

CB is trash at smash

I can't get over how amazing new Zelda looks

cqqqfh.gif

NEED IT IN MAH VEINS

FUUUUK

In Madden 15, defense wins championships
FUUUUK

God damnit everyone on my list is playing Destiny..

Whine.. cry.. whine...

NOT FAIR.

If it makes you feel any better, I got in, but couldn't get past the brightness adjust screen. :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If it makes you feel any better, I got in, but couldn't get past the brightness adjust screen. :(

Ugh, that sucks but knowing my luck if i did get in the same thing would likely happen to me. It's just frustrating because I never get beta/alpha invites to anything. Sony hates me.

Yay... got a code. Now lets hope I can use it when this thing gets done downloading in about 4 hours.

McNei1y

Man, this just reminded me of my work. A student of mine looked exactly like him and kids would call him JJ fish. That kid was awesome.

But it sucks now because I just found out that my part time job is up in a month. I heard talks that I was potentially being brought on full time but nothing opened up. Feels bad man. It's super depressing to know that I've got to go back on the job hunt again - especially in this market. Fuck.

DietRob

From the very little I've played of Destiny so far I really like it. I'm not much of a FPS fan but the atmosphere of the game is pretty great. The gunplay is really fun too. I like how it's kinda like borderlands in terms of loot and upgrades. I'm not good at shooters though so it is a bit difficult for me. I'm usually a lone wolf when it comes to shooters and games in general but it's crystal clear that in order for this game to be fun and live up to it's full potential you gotta be in a fire squad. Hopefully the non doto members of mGAF can team up and stick with this longer than a couple of weeks.

I'm sold and will be keeping my preorder.

From the very little I've played of Destiny so far I really like it. I'm not much of a FPS fan but the atmosphere of the game is pretty great. The gunplay is really fun too. I like how it's kinda like borderlands in terms of loot and upgrades. I'm not good at shooters though so it is a bit difficult for me. I'm usually a lone wolf when it comes to shooters and games in general but it's crystal clear that in order for this game to be fun and live up to it's full potential you gotta be in a fire squad. Hopefully the non doto members of mGAF can team up and stick with this longer than a couple of weeks.

I'm sold and will be keeping my preorder.

Game is awesome. I'm excited to see some of the other planets too. Lots of potential there!

Also none of my madden bros need a code? To the OT it goes then!

brentech

About to pre-order the alpine white which comes with Destiny, but I have little to no interest in FPS games that don't bring something really different to the table. I'll try to learn some more about it, but it's been a while since I put any time into one. Maybe it was Borderlands 1.
Didn't get that far through Killzone before giving up.

Mrbob

Today I had to google to find out XB1 doesn't allow for a user to eject a disc from an option menu with the controller. Only can eject from console itself. Not the biggest deal but damn is it is annoying.

rinse82

Today I had to google to find out XB1 doesn't allow for a user to eject a disc from an option menu with the controller. Only can eject from console itself. Not the biggest deal but damn is it is annoying.

Well you have to walk up to the console to change the disc anyways

brentech

Well you have to walk up to the console to change the disc anyways
The same thing people used to say about the PS3 before they added the eject off controller menu. It's funny how that stuff turns around. Either way, yeah, it doesn't really matter.

Just went and traded the 2009 PS3 Slim in, along with 15 games, none newer than GTA V outside of PS4 Watchdogs. Got $229.95 towards dat Alpine white!

Edit: shit, the start of the most recent Fargo episode...

rinse82

The same thing people used to say about the PS3 before they added the eject off controller menu. It's funny how that stuff turns around. Either way, yeah, it doesn't really matter.

Just went and traded the 2009 PS3 Slim in, along with 15 games, none newer than GTA V outside of PS4 Watchdogs. Got $229.95 towards dat Alpine white!

Edit: shit, the start of the most recent Fargo episode...

Best show on TV not named game of thrones

eznark

Banned
If anyone on the planet still needs a Destiny code I have one.

Let's play tonight.

E3 was awesome. Nintendo was amazing, Sony was good, Microsoft really missed the boat by not doing a presentation. Dummies.

Splat

If anyone on the planet still needs a Destiny code I have one.

Let's play tonight.

E3 was awesome. Nintendo was amazing, Sony was good, Microsoft really missed the boat by not doing a presentation. Dummies.

i'll be around for some destiny/mk8/beingbadatdotes

Mrbob

Ryse is pretty damn fun. Gets my action seal of approval.

Bob had to buy a special accessory to open his PS4.

simpsonsgood24.jpg

I need to make myself a gizmo to change disc games easily. Or go digital. Switching out discs is almost too much work.

DietRob

Is the voice over dude from Destiny Tyrion Lannister I swear it sounds like him.

JABEE

Destiny is pretty badass. As someone that doesn't play a lot of multiplayer shooters, Co-op with Splat was a lot of fun. Once I find my mic it will be even better.

The level design is really good. It feels kind of like an MMO. The only thing that really pisses me off is how quickly enemies respawn and reinforcements come. Each boss takes like an hour to take down, and the enemies just keep reappearing. I don't know if it's just because of our low level, but it's kind of weird.

I wish the Alpha wasn't ending at midnight. I have been having so much fun with it. I'm in. We should make an NFL/Madden-GAF Clan.

DietRob

Destiny is pretty badass. As someone that doesn't play a lot of multiplayer shooters, Co-op with Splat was a lot of fun. Once I find my mic it will be even better.

The level design is really good. It feels kind of like an MMO. The only thing that really pisses me off is how quickly enemies respawn and reinforcements come. Each boss takes like an hour to take down, and the enemies just keep reappearing. I don't know if it's just because of our low level, but it's kind of weird.

I wish the Alpha wasn't ending at midnight. I have been having so much fun with it. I'm in. We should make an NFL/Madden-GAF Clan.

I feel the same. I don't play a lot of shooters and haven't played any MMO's but this game, with some friends is the best crack ever. Bungie knocked it out of the park. That spider tank deal took FOREVER. Still fun though.

Rorschach

Got destiny to work... they need to add individual x and y axis sensitivity. :( I don't know if they're both the same, but up and down seems way slower than left to right... or maybe I'm just not used to it.

brentech

July GameInformer has few page article on No man's Sky. Pretty interesting. I guess their team is up to 7 guys now!
Game really should be cool though.

Top Bottom