• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

SonnyBoy

As a long time Maddenite, I thankfully just stumbled across this community. I look forward to adding a bunch of you to my PSN list, especially once Madden 15 drops.

eznark

Banned
iEVxwJGmH5ZGX.gif

JQ3RDVe.gif

Bobs two favorite journalists, ladies and gentlemen.

Ferny

I gotta say, my experience with the X1 this time around has been a lot better in terms of layout and the changes they've made. I still find getting around without the kinect to be a little weird and obtuse, but they have made good updates on some things that were pretty dumb at launch.

I also need to figure out how the hell does Sony do their constant recording stuff because saving clips on the One is so much easier than how it is on Sony unless i'm not understanding that completely. Has anyone had much experience making game play clips on the PS4?

I gotta say, my experience with the X1 this time around has been a lot better in terms of layout and the changes they've made. I still find getting around without the kinect to be a little weird and obtuse, but they have made good updates on some things that were pretty dumb at launch.

I also need to figure out how the hell does Sony do their constant recording stuff because saving clips on the One is so much easier than how it is on Sony unless i'm not understanding that completely. Has anyone had much experience making game play clips on the PS4?

When are you going to be around to take your beating

Smokey

i'm going to be 100% honest with you when i played basketball in jr high and high school as a gag i came up with this defense called the praying mantis defense that looked somewhat similar to that. it worked because people were too concentrated on laughing at me than to actually play good fundamental basketball!

i haven't used it in years but if my bball team ever made it to a championship game and we needed just 1 more stop for the W.... i might have to unretire it!

We lost last night on some legit 2k type BS. I hit a 3 go up two with 20 secs left. They miss a shot teammate gets rebound. Knowing full well he's going to choke at the FT line he doesn't give me the ball. Goes to the line and sure enough choke. 2 secs left they inbound at half court , other guy gambles for steal , falls out of bounds and dude hits a running one foot swag infested 3pt shot at the buzzer. Unbelievable. You'd be that guy that didn't give up the ball!

eznark

Banned
We lost last night on some legit 2k type BS. I hit a 3 go up two with 20 secs left. They miss a shot teammate gets rebound. Knowing full well he's going to choke at the FT line he doesn't give me the ball. Goes to the line and sure enough choke. 2 secs left they inbound at half court , other guy gambles for steal , falls out of bounds and dude hits a running one foot swag infested 3pt shot at the buzzer. Unbelievable. You'd be that guy that didn't give up the ball!

Aren't you like 5'4''? Is it appropriate for the towel boy to use "we" when referring to game analysis?

I'm not crow. I bet you're a waste of height too. Riding tractors at the compound doesn't count.

shouldn't you be watching some more patty mills highlights
Nah I'm busy watching lillard knock out this sorry ass team from Houston out in the first round

Smokey

Nah I'm busy watching lillard knock out this sorry ass team from Houston out in the first round

Did you also catch Wade laughing thinking of his $20,000,000 option while being a one legged fatass on the court?

Or are you still looking at the articles that show the series to be the most lopsided in Finals history

So many options for you

Did you also catch Wade laughing thinking of his $20,000,000 option while being a one legged fatass on the court?

Or are you still looking at the articles that show the series to be the most lopsided in Finals history

So many options for you

lol

when you get out of the first round again come back to talk shit. until then you're completely irrelevant

Smokey

lol

when you get out of the first round again come back to talk shit. until then you're completely irrelevant

Did you also boo your team with Heat Nation through the TV? Leave early to get Popeyes

Nah ill talk shit about a group of all stars that got straight clowned. We lost to lillard . You lost to an Australian named Patty. You'll take the heat or cramp up LeBron style

Did you also boo your team with Heat Nation through the TV? Leave early to get Popeyes

Nah ill talk shit about a group of all stars that got straight clowned. We lost to lillard . You lost to an Australian named Patty. You'll take the heat or cramp up LeBron style

Lulz

Did you really just try to make me feel some kind of bad by pointing out that my team lost in the finals while your team who spent its entire offseason whoring itself to FRANCHISE ALTERING ACQUISITION DWIGHT HOWARD, lost to a 2nd year player in the first round?

hahahahaha

Mrbob

Would the Heat even make it out of the first round in the west? They were the kings of shameball who got stomped when going up against real competition.

Smokey

Did you really just try to make me feel some kind of bad by pointing out that my team lost in the finals while your team who spent its entire offseason whoring itself to FRANCHISE ALTERING ACQUISITION DWIGHT HOWARD, lost to a 2nd year player in the first round?

hahahahaha

The Rockets are the Rockets. You have The Chosen One, some guy named DWade who has a HGH jaw the size of Texas, and Long Neck from The Land Before Time. Lost to a guy named Patty. Sonned on national TV w/ a one legged player who is going to pick up a $20,000,000 option. FAN UP

The Rockets are the Rockets. You have The Chosen One, some guy named DWade who has a jaw the size of Texas, and Long Neck from The Land Before Time. Lost to a guy named Patty. Sonned on national TV w/ a one legged player who is going to pick up a $20,000,000 option. FAN UP

olajuwon_drexler_crop_340x234.png

That happened when you managed to be even shorter than you are now. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?!?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Rockets are the Rockets. You have The Chosen One, some guy called Flash, and Long Neck from The Land Before Time. Lost to a guy named Patty. Sonned on national TV w/ a one legged player who is going to pick up a $20,000,000 option. FAN UP

I like how this part could be about the Heat or Knicks.

brentech

I went to go pick up my EA UFC @ gamestop. While there, I noticed a poster saying you get your Destiny beta code with pre-order, so I asked the guy if my bundled ps4+destiny would get me a code.

He said it didn't, but he could print me out one anyways. So he prints a receipt and it gave me two codes. If anyone hasn't pre-ordered, I got a spare beta code if in need.

Ferny

I went to go pick up my EA UFC @ gamestop. While there, I noticed a poster saying you get your Destiny beta code with pre-order, so I asked the guy if my bundled ps4+destiny would get me a code.

He said it didn't, but he could print me out one anyways. So he prints a receipt and it gave me two codes. If anyone hasn't pre-ordered, I got a spare beta code if in need.

Did something happen to your current PS4?

brentech

Did something happen to your current PS4?

No, just decided to trade in my PS3 and the games I had for it. Got good money for it due to current extra 50% on everything. Wanted the Alpine White PS4, so when that bundle releases I'll have my original PS4 in living room and the new one in my office.

Cmon guys, crow and I are packed with brilliant ideas!

The in-house bo5 grudge match
The original butt buddy strat (wifestealer+breaker of spirits)
A-Z challenge attempt #1
24 hours of doto!

This time we are gonna do it Dotacinema style. A-Z dual lane challenge!

rinse82

I picked up EA UFC as well, haven't had a chance to play it yet. It's going to suck, isn't it?

brentech

I picked up EA UFC as well, haven't had a chance to play it yet. It's going to suck, isn't it?
Haven't got that deep into anything yet. Seems pretty good if you get used to the control scheme. I still have problems knowing exactly what I'm doing on the ground. I think I'm going to do one thing, and I get something completely different. But part of it is just because of how much time I spent in THQ's UFC 3.

Should note I played a good bit if the demo. Knew what I was getting into. It's definitely not a game for someone to play casually and feel they understand it all

CB3

FMT i bought this dumb PlayStation all stars game since it was 5 bucks. i need to play you in it and shut you up for good!

Guys! I have Mario Kart 8 now! Let us play!

Also I have PASBWEQERTR! I have not played a real human in that game since I played it at E3 like 2 years ago.

Ferny

FMT i bought this dumb PlayStation all stars game since it was 5 bucks. i need to play you in it and shut you up for good!

So you bought the game that you were giving FMT so much crap for when he bought it and was talking about it...

CB3

Ill pay 5 bucks to dump on FMT any day of the week.

Though i sure he'd let me do it for free.

I also bought rust. So its not like I havent made terrible decisions in the past.

Top Bottom