• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Mrbob

Smokey, do I make a Team Green betrayal for my home theater build? I'm looking at a 780 but the R290s are so tempting. I can find them with custom coolers for around 400 now. With the custom coolers the heat issue is gone. Looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150701&cm_re=r290-_-14-150-701-_-Product

Trying to justify getting another EVGA 780 but having a tough time when the R290 is nearly 100 dollars cheaper and just as fast, if not faster. There will be no GSync usage for my plasma either.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
BqlYSSPIIAACdX5.jpg:large

This is fucking amazing. I didn't even know an in-ground trampoline was an actual thing. Kinda jelly. It would be hilarious to watch a deer or something try to go prancing over that thing. If I had one that would happen in my yard because they are always running around back there.

Smokey

Smokey, do I make a Team Green betrayal for my home theater build? I'm looking at a 780 but the R290s are so tempting. I can find them with custom coolers for around 400 now. With the custom coolers the heat issue is gone. Looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150701&cm_re=r290-_-14-150-701-_-Product

Trying to justify getting another EVGA 780 but having a tough time when the R290 is nearly 100 dollars cheaper and just as fast, if not faster. There will be no GSync usage for my plasma either.

You missed out on the 290x's that were $340 from Amazon warehouse. Is 290 faster than 780? Not too familiar with the red camp.

brentech

Bahh, theHunter is only free to hunt a few animals and then it's monthly based fee to do much else.

Rather just pay up front. Don't know why, but I want a hunting game. Hopefully cabellas Pro Hunts will go on sale during this steam sale.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bahh, theHunter is only free to hunt a few animals and then it's monthly based fee to do much else.

Rather just pay up front. Don't know why, but I want a hunting game. Hopefully cabellas Pro Hunts will go on sale during this steam sale.

You've been talking to eznark too much.

Mrbob

You missed out on the 290x's that were $340 from Amazon warehouse. Is 290 faster than 780? Not too familiar with the red camp.

I saw those but they were a Gigabyte model wasn't sure if I wanted second hand. I'm weary of buying anything AMD second hand due to mining.

The R290 is basically 90 percent of the 290X, and can reach 290X heights and above with some over clocking.

Varies per game, but it seems like the R290 keeps up with the 780. Many times the R290 performs better. The R290s biggest issue was heat generation with the crappy reference AMD coolers. Now each vendor has their own custom cooler on which helps greatly.

LiveWire

Anyone know much about this game in the steam sale, "Planet Explorers". Looks kind of interesting

Don't get it, I bought it for my girlfriend 3 months ago and she said there were a lot of bugs. While it might be fixed by now, not sure a buggy indie game is worth $15.

Smokey

Yes I replied in thread. ;) you get your Vette yet? A buddy of mine rented it for e3 this year. Took it out to Malibu, amazing car.

Not yet....but soon

Although the fiance did say the other day she was thinking I should get a new car :D. She thought I wouldve done so awhile ago and me not doing so has surprised her. So the hard part is already over!

Not yet....but soon

Although the fiance did say the other day she was thinking I should get a new car :D. She thought I wouldve done so awhile ago and me not doing so has surprised her. So the hard part is already over!

buying a car, and especially spending significant money on said car, is the stupidest investment you can make. you are smart not to have wasted money to this point on a new car. that budget program on steam is working for you smokes!

I feel bad for people who hate marriage. Make less shitty choices.

there is nothing wrong with hating marriage. marriage/long term relationships aren't for everybody. people are sometimes too afraid to admit that to themselves and commit to a marriage when they really aren't built to be married to someone.

eznark

Banned
there is nothing wrong with hating marriage. marriage/long term relationships aren't for everybody. people are sometimes too afraid to admit that to themselves and commit to a marriage when they really aren't built to be married to someone.

I guess what I meant is that I feel bad for the people in this thread who expressed a hatred for marriage.

Mrbob

Maybe Platinum just beat Ready at Dawn to the punch for that cinematic feel. Now Splat is an imitator and not a trend setter.

Top Bottom