• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Smokey

So I'm thinking of getting a Vita or 3DS for this long ass flight to Hawaii on Sunday. My portable game is low tier. Which one should I go for?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If you have PS plus get a vita and you won't have to buy any games for it. I've never used a 3ds so i can't speak to it.

Smokey

Ok

What about one title for each that can occupy 9 hrs in the air without me falling asleep from boredom

and dogs... what's your point?

The issue was the asinine notion that only women should own cats, but don't let that get in the way of your trolling

Shake pls

It was funny. Like how women should stay in the kitchen .

eznark

Banned
Ok

What about one title for each that can occupy 9 hrs in the air without me falling asleep from boredom

Hot Shots golf and The Show on Vita are about the only things I can think of. But there are a lot of smaller games you could stack.

Lots on 3DS. Fire Emblem, Link Between Worlds, Mario Golf, Tales!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm gonna give you more than one title. Deal with it.

3ds:
Mario 3d land
A Link between worlds
The aforementioned Shovel Knight

Vita:
Spelunky.
Hot shots golf
Lumines

eznark

Banned
I've honestly kind of struggled to get into Mario Golf. Not sure why. It's definitely a good game but everything is so cumbersome.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We're talking about a Nintendo device here, it can barely get a working online system on the ground let alone in the air.

Mario Kart 8 has some of the smoothest online that ive ever seen. Just no lag at all.

I've honestly kind of struggled to get into Mario Golf. Not sure why. It's definitely a good game but everything is so cumbersome.

I actually am really enjoying the weekly tournaments, even if I'm awful at them. Its nice that every time I open my 3ds there is a new competition.

My favorite 3DS Games so far:

(in no order)

Mario Golf
Fire Emblem
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Bravely Default (for the first 4 chapters)
Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds

Least favorite:
Paper Mario Sticker Star Story

Somnia

Mario Kart 8 has some of the smoothest online that ive ever seen. Just no lag at all.

I really need to buy Mario Kart 8, just been so busy with Wildstar I've neglected every other game. I should get it soon for that free game deal.

Fuck that game.

Pictobits is also highly underrated.

I bought it knowing nothing about it. And after an hour I was like "how did this ever get past any concept phase?". Its an RPG, with lots of combat and no levelling, so there's no reason to ever fight anything except the bosses. So tedious and awful.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
3ds has that korg m1 emulator. Pretty awesome if you like music creation.

I think Mario Kart lag shows up on replays. I've noticed differences in replays from different player perspectives.

Mrbob

how does that compare to civ?

Similar to Civ where you explore and expand, but where the game really makes its mark is in the combat. You can play tactical battles where positioning and defense does matter. Place your army groups ( up to 6 units per group ) around an enemy to inflict maximum damage. However enemy troops can do the same. Being able to play out the battles and have valuable input on how they play it is great.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
3DS is getting too much love. I need to come in and drop a Vita list.

Velocity Ultra
Hot Shots Golf
Hotline Miami
MLB The Show
Persona 4G (if your into that shit, i'm not)
Gravity Rush
Super Stardust Delta
WipeOut 2048
Rayman Origins/Legends
Guacamelee

Best thing is close to 3/4's of these are free with ps+

eznark

Banned
3DS is getting too much love. I need to come in and drop a Vita list.

Velocity Ultra - never heard of it
Hot Shots Golf - godlike
Hotline Miami - PC game
MLB The Show - it's...fine
Persona 4G (if your into that shit, i'm not) - yeah!
Gravity Rush - Second worst handheld game of the gen to Mario Sticker Cunt
Super Stardust Delta - meh, ps3 was better
WipeOut 2048 - loading.......loading.........loading.........loading
Rayman Origins/Legends - better on every other platform
Guacamelee - YEAH!

Best thing is close to 3/4's of these are free with ps+

Is Blacklist any good? I liked all the other Splinter Cells but it seemed to start getting away from stealth with the last one. Still, 7 bucks doesn't seem like a lot.

Top Bottom