• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Sket Dance!!!! Why are all the series ending. Oh my god this year is the worst.

Medaka Box (;_;)
Soul Eater
Sket Dance

It was cancelled, probably would have been cancelled earlier but there were worse series that got canned first.
It probably would have been canceled earlier if it wasn't a sports manga. We're talking when Kuroko was the only other sports manga in the magazine (and before the anime boost, I think), there's no way they'd have canceled Kurogane no matter how bad it ranked.

When is it time for more new jump series? Guess they'll need a sketdan replacement and end cross manage?
Next batch is usually end of September, beginning of October. Somewhere around Issue 47 I think, but don't quote me on it.
Usually it doesn't have a lot of cancellations, because it's right after Golden Future Cup which frees up one slot in the mag (so one less series will be canceled compared to the amount starting).

Gradivus

While still on the subject, is there any decent OEL manga worth reading?

Just having a browse on that mangamagazine site mentioned by survivor just before. Some of the ones there do have some nice artwork, so guess I'll read a few later on to see about story wise.

Heart no Kakurega 2
tumblr_mo4rwfSLLe1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This whole apartment complex community is funny and full of life. I like how close knit the writer made them and all it really enhances the feelings the characters show and even their emotions and etc. Would want one of the couples to be showcased a bit more, though the various moments they get in the chapters thus far are worthwhile, are they really together? But the main group, Haruto is a blast and so daring even if he has odd personality due to no friends or just being maybe sort of strange due to being to himself all the time. I hope they do take the relationship to the next level, even if everyone was eavesdropping unawares due to how close the walls are.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KNIM

How is this shit physically possible? How is this shit still running? WHAT THE FUCK?! IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soredemo 11

Kon is the best thing ever. The best.

You're in for a treat then, because the Kon dedicated chapter are 100% hnnnnnnng.

Trinity 7

The whole gang is back. Interesting to see that they found a way to let booby twin tails back to this world.

Azure J

Can someone direct me to where Ohkubo said that Soul Eater is ending this September? I'm so sad now, the ride was so good. :(

Wait a few weeks you guys geez 3 new manga were serialized a month ago.

If you're looking for a shounen savior it won't be found in Jump anyway.

Actually, who's still looking to participate in that worldwide Jump manga contest? WHO'S READY TO SAVE SHOUNEN?

There's a shonen jump contest open to people outside Japan?

edit: 4 months, huh?

Totakeke

So what's up with the translations/english version of Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru? I'm guessing it has something to do with JManga closing and it had everything translated?

Read a bit so far and I really like it. I'd buy the translated books if they're available.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what's up with the translations/english version of Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru? I'm guessing it has something to do with JManga closing and it had everything translated?

Read a bit so far and I really like it. I'd buy the translated books if they're available.

Jmanga is a digital manga service which closed down, and part of its DRM service is to remove every manga bought from the users and refund them instead. So officially you can't access them anymore.

Totakeke

That's... terrible. Did they have a lot of other titles that's in the same situation? Someone needs to buy it off from them!

That's... terrible. Did they have a lot of other titles that's in the same situation? Someone needs to buy it off from them!

I have a feeling that the only reason JManga was able to get the titles they did was because no other English manga publishers had the slightest interest in them.

Wiseblade

I have a feeling that the only reason JManga was able to get the titles they did was because no other English manga publishers had the slightest interest in them.

Yeah, a lot of the stuff they had didn't seem interesting in theast and the ones that were appealing still couldn't overcome how terrible the service itself was. At least that was how I viewed the service.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Did I ever comment on the recent chapters? Don't think so...

One Piece
Nice to see that Robin still don't give a fuck. And I'm really going to miss Law's planning shenanigans when he's gone in 5 years.

Also, does anyone else expect these dwarves to just be Smurfs?

Naruto
Looks like Kashimoto's editor reminded him about the whole "symbolically the next generation of sages" plotline. Meanwhile everyone else tries to be useful but really isn't.

Is Kishimoto rushing things suddenly because he wants to finish the series or because he's bored of this final boss and wants to move onto his Buu-saga?

Bleach
I like how no one has bothered to check on Aizen yet. Idiots

And of course Ichigo's old guy/sword is the bad guy's spiritual form/whatever. Does this mean all the fake Aizens are now related? lol

Nisekoi
zzzzzzzzzzz more tsunderes zzzzzzzzzzz

The World Only God Knows
Again, Keimi is falling in the same trap he did in the previous goddess arc: not realizing that someone can fall for him just being himself (rather than conquest mode Keimi)

Beelzebub
I like the meta villain who's intent on killing "the Krillin" to make Oga go super saiyan.

Soul Eater
Wait, this is finally ending? I should catch up on the last few chapters!

DarkMehm

YuYu Hakusho 1-115

I wanted to start with this before moving to HxH and Togashi really has talent. He has such a range in drawing. Sometimes the characters look like being drawn by a 5 year old and sometimes it makes me say wow, because it has so much impact. The series itself started a bit slow, but got really good over time. The tournament arc was very good and I'm hoping the last arc will be good as well.

Shinwa Ponchi 01-14

4xxXSuBl.png

A self-loathing boy gets the Goddess of Madness within him which leads up to Greek Gods and Goddess to start and live in with him.

It's funny, a little harem-y but I do like these self-hating protags. There's definitely a hint of romance between the protag and the non Greek Goddess girl which is pretty cute. The whole Greek Gods stuff is pretty fun and like how silly everything it is.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
is monkeytitan Eren's dad

As it stands now, I doubt it. I think what likely happened is Eren's dad liked to snoop about while researching titans. He stumbled across that village and stole their magic titan juice.

That in turn led to the titan attack.

Either that, or Eren's dad was from that village himself and when monkey got wind of what he was playing with, monkey ordered the attack to shut him down.

Also I got the impression that monkey directly made that village into titans and that the whole castle thinggie was them slaughtering the hapless villagers.

Kurita

Shinjuku Fever vol.1 (aka 3.3.7 Byooshi!!) by the author of Moteki and Again!!.
Nxf8YJc.jpg

By all the usual measures, he could be considered a pretty useless guy: a scholastic failure, an athletic disaster, and a chronic loser... but Fukuda Shinichi has one passion: cheering for others!

The 18-year-old captain of North Kanto Southern High's Cheerleading squad decides to make the most of his summer by attending cram school in Tokyo, only to find out that the whole trip was a sham! Things are looking up when he and his friend meet up with two cute Tokyo girls; too bad the girls brought them to a rip-off bar and took off! Ditched by his one remaining friend and stuck with an impossibly high bar bill, Fuku-kun's life couldn't get any worse!

But just then he gets saved by Ume, his role model and former cheerleading squad captain! What is he doing in Tokyo... and why does everyone around seem to know and respect him? Without anywhere else to go, Fuku-kun decides follow Ume to his job, only to discover that... he's a male gigolo!? Fukuda's summer of cheering others on has begun... and the streets of Tokyo's red-light district will never be the same!
A really promising first volume, loved it.
Even though it's the author's first series, the art was already quite good, there are numerous good panels, still loves the way she draws characters.
As I said, it was a very solid first volume. The cast is full of unique and interesting characters, the whole manga is really lively. It's quite funny, like Again!!, it's well-written and doesn't have boring or slow moments, the pacing was top notch.

And it had a Kaiji reference!

survivor

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/Nxf8YJc.jpg[IMG]

Even though it's the author's first series, the art was already quite good, there are numerous good panels, still loves the way she draws characters.
As I said, it was a very solid first volume. The cast is full of unique and interesting characters, the whole manga is really lively. It's quite funny, like Again!!, it's well-written and doesn't have boring or slow moments, the pacing was top notch.

And it had a Kaiji reference![/QUOTE]
Her characters design isn't as refined as Again!! or even Moteki in 3.3.7, I even had problems telling some of the characters apart. Though it does still have her unique way of drawing faces which is still great. From what I remember the first volume had a good opener especially with the whole hostess business.

Kurita

Her characters design isn't as refined as Again!! or even Moteki in 3.3.7, I even had problems telling some of the characters apart. Though it does still have her unique way of drawing faces which is still great. From what I remember the first volume had a good opener especially with the whole hostess business.

I thing the biggest "issue" is the girls. They're all pretty but they all have similar facial features.

Averon

Naruto
Looks like Kashimoto's editor reminded him about the whole "symbolically the next generation of sages" plotline. Meanwhile everyone else tries to be useful but really isn't.

Is Kishimoto rushing things suddenly because he wants to finish the series or because he's bored of this final boss and wants to move onto his Buu-saga?

It's a combination of Kishi getting bored with Naruto and wanting to focus his attention on his new mafia manga.

bigkrev

Yu Yu Hakusho vol 1-2 (re-read)

This re-read is spurred by my enjoyment of the HxH anime, and re-watching the YYH anime on Bluray with a friend.

The first 2 volumes don't even hint at what an incredible battle shounen this turned into. It's actually kinda strange to see the "ghost boy helps people with their problems", knowing what is to come in the future. The art is a mixed bag though- sometimes it works, most of the times it doesn't.

Also, my Klout score went up today. Wonder Why? :3

YuYu Hakusho 1-115

I wanted to start with this before moving to HxH and Togashi really has talent. He has such a range in drawing. Sometimes the characters look like being drawn by a 5 year old and sometimes it makes me say wow, because it has so much impact. The series itself started a bit slow, but got really good over time. The tournament arc was very good and I'm hoping the last arc will be good as well.

The end was really rushed. The anime had a better ending really. But enjoy man! :)

Jintor

Nxf8YJc.jpg

And it had a Kaiji reference!

OU

ENNN

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom