• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Adventures of Tenten in Space

tumblr_majo3h2xw71qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mgo429ZpmN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fairy Tail 335

Mashima definitely has no balls, but this does at least resolve some stuff if Ultear is truly dead. Probably an apt sacrifice in the eyes of a few characters.

How can you guys read Fairy Tail? That manga earns absolutely nothing story-wise. Shit just happens. At least One Piece has a real story arc with its one mad lib. Fairy Tail is just some guy browsing TV Tropes every chapter.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";63676646]How can you guys read Fairy Tail? That manga earns absolutely nothing story-wise. Shit just happens. At least One Piece has a real story arc with its one mad lib. Fairy Tail is just some guy browsing TV Tropes every chapter.[/QUOTE]

Because its always entertaining week in and week out even if its always dumb something I can't usually say for Naruto

Kusagari

Fairy Tail is like when you go into Walmart and see their generic brand knockoff next to Pepsi, Coke, etc.

It just feels so generic and plain. If someone asked me to point them to the best example out there of shonen then I'd point them to Fairy Tail. It's shonen distilled into its most basic form.

Fairy Tail is so goddamn awful, I have a hard time contemplating how that shit was even put on a panel.

Ugh. Such awful, AWFUL characters.

Fucking Natsu.

LLShC.gif

Akito

The internet does not even know or care about for that matter which manga is from which publisher at best and from which magazine at worst.

Fairy Tail is like when you go into Walmart and see their generic brand knockoff next to Pepsi, Coke, etc.

It just feels so generic and plain. If someone asked me to point them to the best example out there of shonen then I'd point them to Fairy Tail. It's shonen distilled into its most basic form.

My thoughts exactly

Solune

Jingai Shunman 1-6

I read the Bee Girls one Niku Drill did in that monster girl compilation thing but still, goddamn.
bow.gif

harpy = spider > frog > ant = bat > fish > snake
Just read this, godlike. Harpy is Chapter 6 right? I'd rank frog lower not that she isn't good but I don't know.
The Manga Thread

The Manga of Us

Sure I can hate on Mashima.
Rave Master was crap, and Fairy Tail is crap. He is a crap writer.

But he has good taste

dumbyugi

Boku to Boku 6

The turtles were too much for her to handle. I wonder if there will be any more crossdressers added to her harem.
Is calling them traps still banned?

Shouta

Bloody hell man.

Don't do this please :((((

Just read the raws! Well, kind of read them.

It would be difficult to find a guy with a look that can fool EVERYBODY in the world as a cross-dressing cute Idol.

Don't use a boy. Use a girl that looks kinda like a boy to play a girl.

They did that with Gouriki Ayame for I think Black Butler but she's still not convincing enough.

There is actually a former AKB48 member that fits the bill perfectly for Minoru/Minori in AKB49 though, Kaoru Mitsumune. <3 her but she definitely can pass as a boy.

35fc4027.jpg
tumblr_m63nrrmHy11qfuy02o4_250.jpg

KAORU.jpg

She's quite girly in a swimsuit though.

scy

A girl pretending to be a guy pretending to be a girl.

I think this is too meta for me to follow.

Mahou Shoujo of the End 10 - Wait, did they kill the other girl?

I hope everyone dies. I've stopped caring about everyone.

survivor

Banned
Please Save my Earth vol 1-2
ibqlZyR5L8uqsT.jpg
ibuql6kevFwzF7.jpg

That was excellent first couple of volumes. Sci-fi, mystery, lots of flowers, shoujo romance, possible boys love plot, flowers everywhere, and supernatural powers. This is more than I could have ever hoped for and really I had no idea the story would go with this strong direction. I love the idea of having parallel stories running together at the same time and now seeing that the dream characters actually affect the personalities and feelings of the real world characters, it should be more interesting.

survivor

Banned
So does it get more cohesive at volume 2? I like the setup in volume 1 but found it really confusing.

Just to be clear, what numbering system are you using for the volumes? The 12 volumes bunko editions or the 21 volumes regular editions? Cause I only read the first bunko edition which is about 2 regular volumes so I think we both read the same amount.

Either way, I didn't find it that hard to follow. I mean the story threw a lot of names, but most of them don't play a big part yet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bunko version. Had a peak at volume 2 of the bunko version and it seems like it's just starting to introduce all the characters who are surrogates of the other world.

I think it's the paneling the confuses me. Feels so busy.

I do like where the story is heading.

survivor

Banned
Bunko version. Had a peak at volume 2 of the bunko version and it seems like it's just starting to introduce all the characters who are surrogates of the other world.

I think it's the paneling the confuses me. Feels so busy.

I do like where the story is heading.
But it's so good.

It's very "alive" and beats the stale no background rule of josei manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom