• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 1-15

That was one of the most confusing first volumes I've ever read, though I think I was supposed to be confused. Once stuff started getting explained it got better though. I like the dynamic between Father and Ai and I'm interested to find out more about the mysteries surrounding both of them.

There could be a positive result for 2013. There are three series that could sell up to 10 million besides OP, it wasn't like this in a long time. And there are several other new series like AC that are selling really well.

Poor Bleach got knocked out of the running but in its defense I think it only had 2 volumes out vs the rest of the mangas.

I think they should wait longer before they start back the anime .
Right now they would catch up in no time .

Yeah they need about 2 more arcs. Thats also with an idea of Kubo actually finishing Bleach by 2015ish which is likely if not end of next year.

Still around 600,000 per volume is really good. If not for the anime being halted I think Bleach would be near or above Fairy Tail's level.

Village

Well in the manga world the MC country is composed by a lot of different clans.

Ah excuse to not use the brown guy as the protag, ah well.

I thought was about see a manga with a brown guy protagnost, I was like " oh that is really cool". And from the pages it seems all the important are not the brown, i am the sad.

survivor

Banned
Barbara
5sCsuHg.jpg

Perverted Tezuka. This was really weird. It's about some writer that has sex with mannequins, dogs, and some girl that acts like her dead mother. And there was some other girl, Barbara, that was living him but she was drunk all the time and did nothing. I didn't even finish it. It was mostly boring and I wasn't sure what Tezuka was trying to accomplish with the manga. People have weird sexual fetishes? There are certainly better ways to show it than this story.

Kubo meant arc as in saga. He calls everything from after Soul Society to before Fullbring the "Arrancar arc"

The manga is pretty much in post arc right now after the quincy invasion.

Thats kind of an odd way to describe it considering all of this is taking place within the span of what is it, five days.

Kusagari

Yeah, I can't see Bleach ending until at least early 2015 and it would be stupid to start up the anime again before they're positive it's done.

Yeah, I can't see Bleach ending until at least early 2015 and it would be stupid to start up the anime again before they're positive it's done.

No, it would be clever especially if the animator know that Bleach will be ending at X year. It will increase volume sales. The anime should start next year. The last arc already has 62 chapters, and by May next year it will be over a 100 chapters. That´s enough for a year and half, 2 year anime time to catch up to the manga, and the manga would be done by then.

DarkMehm

The problem is that Bleach takes up like 3 chapters for one episode of Anime. 100 chapters would be done in about 40 episodes. The gap should be at least 140 chapters as the final arc could very well reach 200 chapters.

Dramatic Boyfriend 1
tumblr_mntl1wb5S21qbxqfpo1_500.png

Easily one of my favorite starts to one of these manga in a few days. There were so many great moments and what not. Actually it could have been a wonderful oneshot even, good drama, childhood admiration to a few years later and recognizing their feelings and just really good internal dialogue, and a good art style. Friends in love is one of my favorite themes.

I think the Eren plot twist was fine.

It was the recent events which have really dampened my interest in the series.

But I will admit that the excellent opening probably had me fool myself thinking it wouldn't turn into an average shonen eventually.

I'm still shocked people think SnK is a generic shounen in the same veins as DBZ. Eren's titan form was the only power up he got and he's still useless, his friends have to bail him out of everything, and the latest chapter proved even when they're fighting, they use tactics, it's like giant flesh gundam wrestling, but, yeah apparently it's generic shounen.

Barbara

Perverted Tezuka. This was really weird. It's about some writer that has sex with mannequins, dogs, and some girl that acts like her dead mother. And there was some other girl, Barbara, that was living him but she was drunk all the time and did nothing. I didn't even finish it. It was mostly boring and I wasn't sure what Tezuka was trying to accomplish with the manga. People have weird sexual fetishes? There are certainly better ways to show it than this story.

Barbara is a mess yeah. I get it's a story about a muse but it wasn't really written well.

I'm still shocked people think SnK is a generic shounen in the same veins as DBZ. Eren's titan form was the only power up he got and he's still useless, his friends have to bail him out of everything, and the latest chapter proved even when they're fighting, they use tactics, it's like giant flesh gundam wrestling, but, yeah apparently it's generic shounen.

Our problem isn't that we think it's generic shonen, but the recent chapters are REALLY not that good.

It's the most recent battle that makes most of us realize that titan on titan mma stuff is pretty much going to be the norm going forward which upsets us :/

The problem is that Bleach takes up like 3 chapters for one episode of Anime. 100 chapters would be done in about 40 episodes. The gap should be at least 140 chapters as the final arc could very well reach 200 chapters.

Sometimes even more than 3 chapters , they should start back the anime when the manga got like half year left or something like that .
All they have to do is ask Kubo to give them a time frame to work with .

Articalys

I swear I've read something similar like 5 times now over the last few years. I don't read Gantz, so maybe I'm just mistaken about what they're "teasing" from time to time, but it seems like the manga has done the "entering the final phase" or "will be ending in a few chapters" or whatever several times now. Is my memory playing tricks on me?
I think they stated the "final phase" thing a short while ago, and the "ending in X chapters" a few weeks ago, but this is the first time they've had an exact date for which issue will have the final chapter, I believe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Banana no nana 1

So, a story about two girls going on an adventure, one with the power of having powerful legs, and the other with the ability to control... bananas.

Pretty much picked it up because the name is hilarious, but it seems weird enough to continue.

Also there's yuri, I guess.

DarkMehm

KNIM 230

I'm pretty sure that they plan to continue this until the anime is over sometime later this year and this totally sucks. We gotta stick together until the end guys.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Banana no nana 2-6

This is really fucking boring.

Probably the most generic fanservice shounen I've read in awhile.

Monster Volume 13

This volume added a lot to the mystery and drama of everything, also it seems like everything is finally going to come to a head with everyone slowly starting to realize where they all need to go.

bigkrev

Just noticed, one of my posts made it on the OP! I feel super special now.

Nisekoi 76

Glad to see the author finally remembered the lockets and keys /sarcasm.

In all seriousness, this was actually a good chapter. We got an outsiders look at how ridiculous Raku's Harem is, and Onodera's explanation with flashbacks showed us that even though Raku is the WORST, he always has a heart of gold.

Binbougami Ga! 65-66

Cant wait to see SSJ Bobby.

WitchCraft Works 21-22

Pretty interesting how the contract with the city works. You can know everything that happens in there.

Unknown Letters (one shot)

One shot on a detective and a yakuza who used to be in love with each other in school then broke up and now work together while doing other things for the sake of sharing information. Liked all of the scenes and stuff even if it led to the expected conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom