• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Did they rebalance any of the game trying to make the characters more even? Changes to damage/timing, etc?

:lol

Anyway played a bunch of matches against non- M/S/S/CC/C/??? users. Still got my ass handed to me for the most part. I gotta stop abusing assists as after awhile they start to eat hyper combos like mad.

K.Sabot said:

Yeah that one is out at least.

In a match earlier the game desync'd or something, I was seeing storm instead of iron man and my cousin won on his screen while I was still fighting and winning on mine, he got a win and my game then froze and crashed shorty after he said that on his screen he won.

So it seems some of these bugs are different on each person's screen, that dudes youtube video of the guy "quitting" was probably just his console hanging after the glitch started.

Only had it once in about 30 games now but I hope it's not too often.

Yeah last fight I was in I was quite clearly losing(not like "still could make a comeback" losing just straight up losing) but then all of a sudden the network connection was lost entirely.

inphinite

Neo Member
topofuji said:
Just keep it on the XBL and don't invade "our" PSN with those generic broken scrub teams. :lol

ditch the scrub mentality buddy. top tier teams will be all over PSN as well. I've played plenty of scrubs that don't know what they were doing with those top teams and many good ones. They are not broken or scrubby. Why? Because they actually take skill to use.

Any button aside from low punch will change colors at character select screen.

Man, I suck so badly at this game. I tried to get the Darkstalkers achievement, and kept losing.

MMaRsu

inphinite said:
what is this i don't even. Please try to refrain from asking stupid questions please.

Heh couple of guys in my party last night said they had Evil Ryu on the Ps2 version or something. I only ever played the DC version so I wouldnt know.

inphinite

Neo Member
MMaRsu said:
Heh couple of guys in my party last night said they had Evil Ryu on the Ps2 version or something. I only ever played the DC version so I wouldnt know.

your friends are either really stupid or you are really gullible...

topofuji said:
Just keep it on the XBL and don't invade "our" PSN with those generic broken scrub teams. :lol
2ii8k7t.gif

MMaRsu

inphinite said:
your friends are either really stupid or you are really gullible...

Maybe they were just joking around? Not everybody plays this religiously. I haven't played the game since I owned a DC.

There's something about losing to all these top tier teams that is sucking my will to keep playing online.

If I had known 9 years ago that I would have been playing more people that just my scrubby friends in this game, I might have tried to learn it a bit more.

how do you activate Zombie Zangief again? I know for a fact he is in the game. you pick zangief and then before the match starts you hold down some buttons. this zangief cannot block, but he is insanely powerful

p.s. he also breathes fire!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just won the first time I went online. And I SUCK. :lol Man this game is awesome. I lol'd at the persistent attempts to snapback me.

EDIT: Okay 1 - 1 Now :(

MoxManiac

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how do you activate Zombie Zangief again? I know for a fact he is in the game. you pick zangief and then before the match starts you hold down some buttons. this zangief cannot block, but he is insanely powerful

reverse dragon punch + KK (or was it PP? I forget) as regular zangief.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

He's not in it as far as I can tell. And it's mech Zangief. Or was that just in MvC?

topofuji

Banned
inphinite said:
ditch the scrub mentality buddy. top tier teams will be all over PSN as well. I've played plenty of scrubs that don't know what they were doing with those top teams and many good ones. They are not broken or scrubby. Why? Because they actually take skill to use.

I just wish people could be diverse in fighting games, especially a one with so many characters as this, and stop choosing the same characters every time. I really don't want to deal with "every 6 out of 10 matches are Vs. Ken or Ryu" type situation like what happened with SF2 HD Remix and SFIV for example.
For me I like to play MVC2 for great casual fun, and switch up my team every game (of course I have favorites, but I never over-did it in the arcade or Dreamcast local vs)...

Hark

Absoludacrous said:
If I had known 9 years ago that I would have been playing more people that just my scrubby friends in this game, I might have tried to learn it a bit more.

This is definitely the boat that I'm in. Going online was a pretty rude awakening. That said, I still find the game absurdly fun and a few of my friends that haven't been interested in fighting games since the Dreamcast are all suddenly playing MVC2 instead of Halo 3 or Tiger 10 so it's been a wonderful blast of nostalgia.

Darkman M

topofuji said:
I just wish people could be diverse in fighting games, especially a one with so many characters as this, and stop choosing the same characters every time. I really don't want to deal with "every 6 out of 10 matches are Vs. Ken or Ryu" type situation like what happened with SF2 HD Remix and SFIV for example.
For me I like to play MVC2 for great casual fun, and switch up my team every game (of course I have favorites, but I never over-did it in the arcade or Dreamcast local vs)...

Fish bake this junior.

Dunno what he's talking about.
Sure ranked matches you're sure to see a lot of the usual guys but in player matches I've seen a lot of variety(though a handful of standbys like Cable, Captain Commando, Tron, and so on get thrown in the mix as well)

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sure ranked matches you're sure to see a lot of the usual guys but in player matches I've seen a lot of variety(though a handful of standbys like Cable, Captain Commando, Tron, and so on get thrown in the mix as well)

I should stop worrying about the achievements and move to player match then.

Absoludacrous said:
I should stop worrying about the achievements and move to player match then.

Yeah the thing to look out for is a lot of the better players might jump to alts depending on who you go with and depending on how it goes they'll pick better characters if they're losing or worse characters if you're winning.

Eventually some sort of equilibrium is achieved..or so I imagine.

Regardless I got all of the arcade-mode achievements and that's enough for me. 100 ranked wins with at least 50 being one character wins all with unique teams and yadayada ugh forget it.

DimmuBurgerKing said:
Didn't know Tron was considered a standby.

She has a great projectile assist in terms of damage and comboability and has some good mixups provided you can learn them. Unfortunately there are a handful of characters she can hardly touch.

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Didn't know Tron was considered a standby. Good to know I guess, I've been using her in my Rogue/Storm/??? team a little with varying success. Enjoying the hell out of Captain America/Iron Man/Dr. Doom, too.

So, anybody want to get a room started later tonight, like 7:30-ish EST? I'm a newbie and suck at this, just want to have fun without niggling about "tiers" and such. :p

dralla

I need an anti-air assist for my 3rd character. I currently use Storm/Tronn/???, I play against people who pick flight characters so AAA is a must. Blackheart has the best AAA in the game but I don't like him. I've been using Commando but I feel like he's a handicap when he's actually in the match. So who's left really? Dr. Doom is the only other one I can think off

dralla said:
I need an anti-air assist for my 3rd character. I currently use Storm/Tronn/???, I play against people who pick flight characters so AAA is a must. Blackheart has the best AAA in the game but I don't like him. I've been using Commando but I feel like he's a handicap when he's actually in the match. So who's left really? Dr. Doom is the only other one I can think off

Guile or Charlie might be worth a look.

striKeVillain! said:
I use Iron Man as my anti-air assist character. Also, I'm in love with his Proton Cannon. :D

Oh yeath that's a great one as well. Probably not so much for characters high in the air but the range is exceptional.

Course I can't use him for anything so eh.

Mr Jared

dralla said:

CapCom pretty much does suck, but he has the best/most useful anti-air assist in the game which is why most people stick with him. Just make sure it doesn't only come down to him and you'll be fine, but really, he's the best option aside from like ... Psylocke? But that's not exactly an anti-air.

Dali

Seiken said:
(Old?)

Darksydephil finally updated with tons of MAHVEL ACTION!!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=75125219D30B2AF0

He's fucking awesome :D
Nice matches, but what a whiney bitch. When he wins he's pwning noobs, but when he loses it's all bitter tears and input lag as though the people he plays against don't have to deal with the same issues. I mean he got his ass handed to him by this one guy twice in a row and he's still saying "this guy is horrible" and "no skill".

vg260

topofuji said:

I hear ya, there's nothing wrong with wanting to play vs. different characters, especially in this game with so many cool ones that get overlooked because they're not top tier.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dali said:
Nice matches, but what a whiney bitch. When he wins he's pwning noobs, but when he loses it's all bitter tears and input lag as though the people he plays against don't have to deal with the same issues. I mean he got his ass handed to him by this one guy twice in a row and he's still saying "this guy is horrible" and "no skill".
Mattlikewhoa said:
I HATE this guy. He blames EVERYTHING for losing except himself.

"I didn't do that!"
"Why can't I block?"
Guys, it's DSP, clearly you two are new to this person :) He's a really fun guy and I recommend watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-xF6ZW1zc&feature=channel_page

^ that video of him. He's explaining a lot of things, one thing being that he's 90% of the times not even actually getting angry at the game. He's actually doing it on purpose so that we, the viewers can have a good laugh and that's why he has 20k subscribers. Me and hundreds of people wouldn't have subscribed if it wasn't for all the constant whining from him :).

Mattlikewhoa said:

"I didn't do that!"
"Why can't I block?"

That's what brings people back...he explained that in his "self profile" vid where he shows himself.

If it weren't for his constant bitching, he wouldn't have as many suscribers.

Yackie

What. The. Hell. I knew I was kinda bad at this game, but I don't remember being THIS bad. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I just need to stop thinking and let it flow.

My thumbs hurt.

Dreavus

Mattlikewhoa said:

"I didn't do that!"
"Why can't I block?"

Some of his lag complaints look pretty legitimate though. A few videos there had frames skipping all over the place. I'd probably get pissed too! :lol

One thing that I don't get is when his opponent chooses a competitive team, he says "oh look, another MSP team what a joke." And then when they choose something different he says "What the fuck, they chose _____?! What a scrub." He should at least be consistent!

topofuji said:
It would have been cool to include some sort of all-random mode where you don't get to pick your team and only find out once the round starts, though I would guess a lot of people would quit instead of giving it an actual try...

I play with a good mix of characters but when I hit ranked I try to win so I edge off towards the scrub characters, but I do still mix it up a little.

KaYotiX

Banned
Loving MvC2, i remember playing countless hours with my friends on the DC when it first hit, and im also glad to see fighting games making a strong comeback this year.

Top Bottom