• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Dreavus

I hate to be the one to ask, but does anyone know if this is shareable? My buddy just bought fat princess and it'd be great if we could swap the two games.

test_account

XP-39C²
Out of curiosity, has Capcom given any reason why the PSN version gets released about 2 weeks later than the XBLA version? Wasnt the demo of Marvel VS Capcom 2 first released for the PSN? I guess that this has been asked before in this thread though, but i havnt really followed this thread, so i havnt seen if this question has been asked before and what the answer is.

MMaRsu

test_account said:
Out of curiosity, has Capcom given any reason why the PSN version gets released about 2 weeks later than the XBLA version? Wasnt the demo of Marvel VS Capcom 2 first released for the PSN? I guess that this has been asked before in this thread though, but i havnt really followed this thread, so i havnt seen if this question has been asked before and what the answer is.

Probably moneyhats..

test_account

XP-39C²
MMaRsu said:
Probably moneyhats..
Ye, maybe that can be a reason. It doesnt really matter much to me though since i usually suck at fighting games like this hehe :\ So it is not really any rush for me to buy the game (i only have a PS3 as well, so would have to wait anyway), but seeing that Marvel VS Capcom 2 isnt being released on the PSN and XBLA version at the same day (or at least in the same week), and seeing that the demo was first (i think so at least?) released on the PSN, then i just got curious if there was any reason(s) for why the PSN version is being released about 2 weeks later compared to the XBLA version.

Thanks for the answer :)

MMaRsu

test_account said:
Ye, maybe that can be a reason. It doesnt really matter much to me though since i usually suck at fighting games like this hehe :\ So it is not really any rush for me to buy the game (i only have a PS3 as well, so would have to wait anyway), but seeing that Marvel VS Capcom 2 isnt being released on the PSN and XBLA version at the same day (or at least in the same week), and seeing that the demo was first (i think so at least?) released on the PSN, then i just got curious if there was any reason(s) for why the PSN version is being released about 2 weeks later compared to the XBLA version.

Thanks for the answer :)

Well the demos for Xbox 360 Arcade games only go up when the full game is up. So there's that too.

test_account

XP-39C²
MMaRsu said:
Well the demos for Xbox 360 Arcade games only go up when the full game is up. So there's that too.
Ye, that is true, but the PSN demo was released about 1 month ago or so. I got curious on why Capcom only released the PSN demo to begin with, and then they release the full version of the game about 2 weeks later on PSN compared to the XBLA version release. Seeing that Capcom had a PSN demo ready about 1 month ago i thought maybe that they would have the full version of the PSN ready at the same time as the XBLA version, so i just got curious if Capcom had given any reason why they didnt release Marvel VS Capcom 2 at the same week on both on PSN and on XBLA. But 2 weeks isnt really that much time in my opinion, so hopefully the wait for the PSN version wont feel too long :)

Silmeria

Neo Member
How many games launch on XBLA and PSN the same week? Or does Microsoft usually get the first release followed by PS3 later on?

test_account

XP-39C²
Silmeria said:
How many games launch on XBLA and PSN the same week? Or does Microsoft usually get the first release followed by PS3 later on?
I am not quite sure, but i am under the impression that it is more common that PSN and XBLA games gets released in the same week compared to how common it is that the PSN version gets released later, or vice versa.

Sometimes the PSN version gets released later on (or maybe not at all in some cases) in other territories though. For example Outrun Online Arcade was released the same week on my both PSN and on XBLA, but only the european PS Store/PSN got Outrun Online Arcade. If i am not mistaken, Outrun Online Arcade is still not released in the american PS Store/PSN. I am not quite sure why things are like this. XBLA games gets released worldwide at the same day if i am not mistaken.

Shouta

Mr Jared said:
CapCom pretty much does suck, but he has the best/most useful anti-air assist in the game which is why most people stick with him. Just make sure it doesn't only come down to him and you'll be fine, but really, he's the best option aside from like ... Psylocke? But that's not exactly an anti-air.

Any number of characters have pretty good anti-air assists but CapCom is the easiest to use (almost entirely vertical and hard to avoid if you`re on the offensive). This is particularly true against someone like Sentinel. Psylock is great too, particularly if your opponent is a rush-down one like Magneto.

Aside from that, you have Cyclope, Cable, Jin, and Cammy who have fantastic -anti-air assists. There are probably a few more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

LiK

Shouta said:
Any number of characters have pretty good anti-air assists but CapCom is the easiest to use (almost entirely vertical and hard to avoid if you`re on the offensive). This is particularly true against someone like Sentinel. Psylock is great too, particularly if your opponent is a rush-down one like Magneto.

Aside from that, you have Cyclope, Cable, Jin, and Cammy who have fantastic -anti-air assists. There are probably a few more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

i like Morrigan's anti-air

gutabo

GuardianE said:
Ken's Hurricane Kick glitch is still in. He still has one of the slowest launchers in the game, though.

Capcom said that they purposely only fixed glitches that were gamebreaking, like Gambit's.

Thank you so much!

Anyone knows if the switch "trick" still works? Not only the part that allows you to change character order before the fight, but the part that lets you hold a button and when the round starts you will do that attack ASAP?

Thanks in advance!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm terrible at this game but I'm having so much fun with it. I love the huge amount of characters--accidentally picked SonSon for the first time today and he's becoming one of my favorites. Love the "POW block" hyper combo.

What a phenomenal game--I really hope this sells well enough to get a Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

gutabo

Mr Jared said:

gutabo said:
Can I give you a suggestion? You might want to try using Cyclops as your third man. He has easy, damaging combos, builds meter like crazy, does crazy chip damage, has lots of priority on his normal moves(and some special moves), has a very useful double jump, can punish enemy assists decently, can easily DHC to/from and is a very, very nice anti air assist.

I am frightened by the amount of Gambit lovers I've run into. He's on like half the teams I play against. Lotsa dudes still carrying a torch for the 90s I guess.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
Let's get some tips down so the newbies can get better! Nothing better than new mvc2 players coming into the scene :D

- Choose at least one Anti Air Assist (AAA) - in a game where assists are the key, you want moves that have high priority (moves that get the hit at the end) These allow you to clear up the insanity of 4+ characters on screen and gives you the advantage in the fight. Good ones are the ones that Shouta listed. If I remember correctly, Jin's AAA (dynamito move) has the highest priority in the game.

- Choose assists that allow you to combo off of them. Cyclop's Gene Splice, Ken's Tatsu, Psylocke's Psyblade are all good examples. They give you a split second to breath and then rush down to do combos.

Example: Cyclops Gene Splice xx while they're getting hit, do Cable's Hyper Viper Beam

Psylock's AAA sets up many combos with Magneto.

- Use Assists aggressively. Honestly, I haven't seen a good turtler in this game. There are so many rushdown tactics that's its nearly impossible to block everything (especially against the pros) Ignore the cries of "cheap!" and use your assists constantly. Thats why they're there! If you have big guys such as sentinel, use him as a wall of defense that lets you rush in while your opponent is trying to attack you. Some people may fear losing their assists because they take more damage, but the benefits definitely outweigh the cons.

I can't find the video right now, but it was either Preppy or Mike Z that would use Mecha Zangief's throw assist. Since nothing can knock M. gief down, he's an awesome defense.

- There are many assists that do insane amount of damage. Sentinel's Rocket Punch - Juggernaut's glitched assist and Tron's projectile assists do incredible amount of damage and will make your opponent think twice of rushing toward you.

- Master the rushdown. Constant attacks will keep your opponent guessing and blocking which gives you the advantage. youtube some videos of the pros play and watch how they're constantly on the move by flying, dashing, air dashing, etc.

- Get your combos ready. Practice the magic series with your characters. As long as you have a key combo that you can depend on, you'll be fine. Practice the more difficult ones later. Nothing sucks more than having an opportunity wasted by messing up a combo.

- Chip Damage adds up. Chip damage meaning the sliver of life you lose by blocking special moves (cept iceman) throwing out projectile assists, rushing down with specials, all add up at the end. Servbot's third super (the one where they all fly across the screen) does incredible chip damage try it out!

- Control the Screen - Moves such as BlackHeart's anti air, sentinel's robot (ground) and spiral's dancing swords are good examples of moves that control space. These moves force your opponent to either block or find some way around them (making it difficult for them.) A simple one is Cable's jumping FP and then throwing a grenade while in the air.

- Some characters are considered "batteries" or characters that can build up your super meter quickly. Storm (with constant air dashing and HP) , Spiral, Cyclops jumping hk are good examples of these. Since supers are a key in winning the game, having a full meter bar is always good to have.

So considering all of these, you will see why people will choose the top tiers. But don't let that stop you from using the other characters! check out this hilarious video of Mike Z using his Team Z of Tron, Doom, and Juggie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgiAqXV_MVo

Have fun!

Uzumaki Goku

I just won the most satisfying of battles on Xbox Live. Played as Wolverine, Cyclops and Cable. The guy's Mega Man, Juggernaught and Venom. So the battle goes on, I kill Mega Man, but have already lost Cable and Cyclops and Wolverine are already low on health. So I'm thinking.. "Shit. I'm gonna lose." But even though I lose Cyclops after wearing Venom down, a little bit and Wolverine has very little health left.... I'm happy to just to attack like a berserk Wolverine does and... I win... I couldn't have felt more proud. :D

I really hate how they don't display the joiner's ping when you're hosting. I'd forgotten that was an issue in HDR, too. Tired of fighting laggy foreigners! A lot of them know what they're doing, too, which makes it even worse!

(I have no clue what I'm doing.)

I've been using Doom/Cammy/CapCom. All with anti-air assists which may be silly? I don't know. Reading up on this game ain't easy. I tried sticking Iron Man in there but I didn't like two metal dudes on the same team. Don't wanna use any of the god-tier guys cuz I say no to X-Men characters. Would swapping CapCom for Tron be a good idea? I was using her initially but she got the boot once I discovered how awesome CC's assist is. I'll have to try her projectile assist now.

gutabo

ChazAshley said:
good advice

Nice. I offer my help too, I can answer some questions. Just a note: don't EVER use Cable's ground HVB(hyper viper beam). It has lag at startup AND at the end. Both lags dissapear when you use the air version, and in fact, you can chain an air HVB with another one if the oponent is low enough.

Rummy Bunnz said:
I am frightened by the amount of Gambit lovers I've run into. He's on like half the teams I play against. Lotsa dudes still carrying a torch for the 90s I guess.

Loved Gambit when I was 13. Since then, I've come to understand that he comes from an era of "X-TREME" kewlness and "Green/White Ranger As Host Of MTV Sports" that will never come again. :lol

Sittori

Banned
Plinko said:
I'm terrible at this game but I'm having so much fun with it. I love the huge amount of characters--accidentally picked SonSon for the first time today and he's becoming one of my favorites. Love the "POW block" hyper combo.

What a phenomenal game--I really hope this sells well enough to get a Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
SonSon is a girl! :lol I agree though, SonSon is great.

Mr Jared

Rummy Bunnz said:
I'll have to try her projectile assist now.

Damage-wise, Tron projectile assist is one of the best in the game. It absolutely murders anything it touches.

The problem is that it's too damn slow and has too short of range, so your odds of actually landing it against someone who knows what they're doing is minimal :lol It's also not very large, so you can't really use it for cover either. It's definitely worth playing around with, but it's not reliable in the long-run.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
Rummy Bunnz said:
I've been using Doom/Cammy/CapCom. All with anti-air assists which may be silly? I don't know. Reading up on this game ain't easy. I tried sticking Iron Man in there but I didn't like two metal dudes on the same team. Don't wanna use any of the god-tier guys cuz I say no to X-Men characters. Would swapping CapCom for Tron be a good idea? I was using her initially but she got the boot once I discovered how awesome CC's assist is. I'll have to try her projectile assist now.

Since you have Doom's AAA, you can probably stick with capcom. ALTHOUGH using cammy with tron's projectile assist is pretty dangerous too. Hmm now that I think about it, since you do have cammy, that's a decent AAA right there.

Doom - Cammy - Tron. good team

edit: actually let me add more to that. Since cammy is pretty quick, you can crossup with her while using assists. This probably won't work well against good players but you could always rush down, call doom or tron's assist and then quickly jump and cannon drill your way to cross them up.

Dreavus

Dreavus said:
I hate to be the one to ask, but does anyone know if this is shareable? My buddy just bought fat princess and it'd be great if we could swap the two games.

Doh, it's not even out on PSN yet! I never bothered to check. :lol

neoism

Seiken said:
Guys, it's DSP, clearly you two are new to this person :) He's a really fun guy and I recommend watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-xF6ZW1zc&feature=channel_page

^ that video of him. He's explaining a lot of things, one thing being that he's 90% of the times not even actually getting angry at the game. He's actually doing it on purpose so that we, the viewers can have a good laugh and that's why he has 20k subscribers. Me and hundreds of people wouldn't have subscribed if it wasn't for all the constant whining from him :).
pwned.gif
Yes he's videos are well done, yes he is a great player. But that laugh is too much.. can't stand it! :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
neoism said:
pwned.gif
Yes he's videos are well done, yes he is a great player. But that laugh is too much.. can't stand it! :/
WHAT?! That's half the reason for subscribing, he's got the best laugh!

Thanks for the advice guys!

Mr Jared said:
Damage-wise, Tron projectile assist is one of the best in the game. It absolutely murders anything it touches.

The problem is that it's too damn slow and has too short of range, so your odds of actually landing it against someone who knows what they're doing is minimal :lol
So I should save her for all the dudes who pick Gambit/Venom/Wolverine? OK!

neoism

Seiken said:
WHAT?! That's half the reason for subscribing, he's got the best laugh!
Not sure what it is but it just gets on my nerves something fierce! I'm sure he's playing around, ( I hope anyways) He's just seems like a total douche!
Oh, and fuck this game, wtf, I can't find a game to save my life! I've host, I've searched for about 30 minutes! Guess my internet is not fast enough or something! :(

neoism

I really don't know what it is with EASY mode in this game, took me an hour to beat it with W/C/Mag, For beginners my ass!! goddamn!

dralla

Magneto is not a beginner character, he's very tough to use effectively. You may want to try other characters if you are a beginner trying to learn the game.

xero273

neoism said:
I really don't know what it is with EASY mode in this game, took me an hour to beat it with W/C/Mag, For beginners my ass!! goddamn!

try doing the achievements for arcade mode. That is a pain. have to beat with certain characters without using continues. I gave up and just went cheap.

kitzkozan

neoism said:
pwned.gif

At least he's smart enough to understand that no one would actually watch him play given his skill level. :p He's not bad,but certainly not a pro and people usually only watch vid from them.

He is very annoying imo,but more power to all of you who can stand him or are "entertained" by his act. :lol

Recon

Banned
neoism said:

really? I beat it no problem with my Iron man/Gambit/Cable tea, that last boss was kinda weird tho...I had only played Marvel vs Capcom 1 before this, so it was fun getting used to the addition of a third character.

Nemesis_

Every time I choose Gambit, Storm or Cable in any of my teams, my opponent leaves.

I wish they'd just play and find out that I am not that good at all >_> I don't know why people keep leaving before they even play either >_>

xero273 said:
try doing the achievements for arcade mode. That is a pain. have to beat with certain characters without using continues. I gave up and just went cheap.

Eh it's not so bad. I used..uhhh

VS
BB Hood(projectile or anti-air)/Felicia(projectile)/Morrigan(projectile or anti-air). BB Hood is easy peasy to use as her mines are constant trouble, she has an easy EASY combo into super(LP, MP, Super) and she can be a serious ass when need be.

SF
Guile(anti-air), Sakura(Dash, Really good assist), Ken(Anti-air). You could also swap in one of them for Akuma as his expansion assist is really really good(course he takes damage like a bitch). Ken has a damaging combo sure but it's hard to pull off. Stick with Guile as the main and learn to do his sweep into Sonic Boom super. Sakura's dash is great even though it can lift the opponent off on the last hit so look out for that.

Xmen
Cyclops(anti-air), Psylocke(anti-air), Iceman(projectile). Could probably swap any of them for Cable but I wasn't quite sure which ones counted towards the achievement. Anyway I stuck with Cyclops as Psylocke is good all-around as an assist and if Iceman's beam hits on an assist immediately do the super to capitalize. Since you're Cyclops you won't have to worry about running out of meter.

Avengers
Iron-Man(anti-air), Captain America(dash), Hulk(dash..probably should have went with something else). I'd probably stick to Captain for the most part. Iron-Man's Photon Cannon is great but he's a tougher character to learn than most. Hulk is the only Avenger I could think of on MvC2's roster so I stuck him in. Not much to say but there you go.

It's really not that hard even if you don't know how to play the characters. Set the difficulty to easy and spam those assists. The boss should be no trouble as long as you remember to block.

Linkhero1

Yeah, so I think I finally found my team...Marrow, Doom and Cyclops. I play really well with them. I suck because it's faster than Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but I think I can manage.

Top Bottom