• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

dralla

inphinite said:
captain commando has hands down the best anti air assist or assist period in the game, so use his AA at all times.

Blackheart's AAA is just like CC's, except it locks on to you, so I would say it's better, probably the best.

gutabo

I still can't buy the game :(

dralla said:
Blackheart's AAA is just like CC's, except it locks on to you, so I would say it's better, probably the best.
CapCom's AAA is faster and has upper body invulnerability, while Blackheart's AAA is slower(not by much tho) and has no invulnerability whatsoever. That makes Capcom's AAA more effective as a defensive tool than Blackheart's.
inphinite said:
captain commando has hands down the best anti air assist or assist period in the game, so use his AA at all times.
I think is one of the best AAAs in the game, but not the best. Like, it doesn't help teams the way Doom's AAA does(giving almost every team a fighting chance), and it doesn't help some teams like rushdown based teams. It depends of the style of play.
MaxSteel said:
just downloaded this, never played it before. all i can say is WOW - the roster is like my 12 year old me's wet dream.

is there a good guide for this online anywhere? i'm way clueless about how to play - i'm just button mashing for now. the in-game guide is pretty inaccessible and unhelpful.
You can try this post. Also the "Gameplay Notes" part of the great Kao Megura(RIP) faq at gamefaqs.com is very good.

gutabo

poserdonut said:
Thanks for all the great tips, I really appreciate it. I haven't really dedicated me to that team though so who would you switch Gambit for? He's the one char I don't really care about if I have to switch.
Low tier advice:
Hmmm if you're on the mood for more X men, Marrow(fast rushdown, some bone tricks), Iceman(no chip damage from most projectiles, and does good chip damage) or Rogue(abuse her jumping down+HK dive) might cut it. Otherwise, other options are Jill, Charlie, Megaman or Ruby Heart.

Top Tier advice:
Go for Storm or Sentinel. *devil.gif* Other options are Doom, Tron and Ironman.

You'll have to make some changes in the team order depending on which char you choose.

Is anyone good with cyclops? I like him a lot but damn if I don't suck horribly with him in this game. And why have they still not put in a back button when you accidently choose the wrong person on the character select screen. :mad:

gutabo

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is anyone good with cyclops? I like him a lot but damn if I don't suck horribly with him in this game. And why have they still not put in a back button when you accidently choose the wrong person on the character select screen. :mad:
Some tips here.

Grecco

Has anyone had the achievements glitch?

I finished it yesterday with a Darkstalkers themed team and did not get the achievement. :(

Nemesis_

Grecco said:
Has anyone had the achievements glitch?

I finished it yesterday with a Darkstalkers themed team and did not get the achievement. :(

You can't continue or "save" yourself from a loss by using a second controller. >_>

jman2050

Just chiming in to say that clockw0rk matches are still among the best to watch because watching a high-level Strider go to work is simply a thing of beauty.

MMaRsu

jman2050 said:
Just chiming in to say that clockw0rk matches are still among the best to watch because watching a high-level Strider go to work is simply a thing of beauty.

Any links?

playing ranked games is a love/hate relationship. on one hand i like playing new people and getting my record up. on the other hand, playing randoms have turned me into a douchebag player as well at times.

because i don't know who someone else will pick or what their strategy will be, i usually end up picking dr. doom, akuma, juggernaut. i'm not unbeatable with them (far from it), but when people start pulling bullshit sentinel/magneto/storm teams, then i start playing turtle and get up in the air with akuma or dr. doom and dont really let them move out of a corner by spamming with hadokens or photon blasts.

this sucks because i dont want to play this way, but if i dont then im just going to get fucking creamed. i wish more gaffers played so we could get a player match going

p.s. i'm like 36-0 against gaffers.... admittedly it's only been coldblooded, dmczaf, az greg and pheeniks :(

Def Jukie

I don't know how it happened, but I'm playing a game ported by Backbone and using a stick created by MadCatz and they are both fantastic. WTF. Ive been playing online a bunch (just got my 50 wins achievement) and have only had maybe 2 or 3 matches with any real lag. Good job Backbone. Hopefully their future projects are of this quality. Also love this SF4 TE stick I just picked up. Anybody looking to pick one up buy.com has them for $130 right now with free shipping :http://www.buy.com/prod/official-street-fighter-iv-fightstick-tournament-edition-joystick-for/q/loc/108/210674151.html

MMaRsu

FrenchMovieTheme said:
playing ranked games is a love/hate relationship. on one hand i like playing new people and getting my record up. on the other hand, playing randoms have turned me into a douchebag player as well at times.

because i don't know who someone else will pick or what their strategy will be, i usually end up picking dr. doom, akuma, juggernaut. i'm not unbeatable with them (far from it), but when people start pulling bullshit sentinel/magneto/storm teams, then i start playing turtle and get up in the air with akuma or dr. doom and dont really let them move out of a corner by spamming with hadokens or photon blasts.

this sucks because i dont want to play this way, but if i dont then im just going to get fucking creamed. i wish more gaffers played so we could get a player match going

p.s. i'm like 36-0 against gaffers.... admittedly it's only been coldblooded, dmczaf, az greg and pheeniks :(

Hey man add me, MMaRsu NL is my GT. give me a sec and I'll clear out my friends list a bit.

This is an open invite to any other gaffers, but my FL is pretty tight.

Someone make a gaf meta-tag!

akakaze

Banned
Some updates to the Cable flowchart based on experience...:lol

Looks like there still haven't been any imitators :D I'm gonna go post this on Capcom Unity as well...

5540_835982736868_13743199_48301651_736518_n.jpg

Kamaki

Has someone made a MvC2GAF gamertag yet?
If not I'll make one tomorrow when I wake up, that way everyone on gaf has a easy time of finding opponents :D

Real mvsc2 people will look into this and buy this!!!
http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/pr...ck-sf-style-xbox360stick-prosticks-detail.htm

man, I am so tempted to buy this....

I just wish there was a Dreamcast - Xbox360 converter, it would save me alot of money as I have the samething but for my Dreamcast for when MvsC2 came out for dreamcast.

With that said, Anyone know if a dreamcast - 360 converter thing for controllers actually exists!? man, it would bet the greatest thing ever.

for now, I am gonna just roll with the streetfighter 4 controller...

but If I had the mas stick...No one on gaf would/could take me...:D

unless justin wong and the other elites were posting on this board.

akakaze

Banned
Ok, just one more...

I don't know much about playing magneto but those who have seen the Yipes video will get this one...

:lol

Oh, and to be relevant to the topic other than posting flowcharts, I'm getting the PSN version as soon as it comes out and am looking forward to brushing up on my Cable/Megaman/IronMan team. I fully expect to lose, I can't play god tier.

5540_836008774688_13743199_48303390_5112661_n.jpg

akakaze said:
Ok, just one more...

I don't know much about playing magneto but those who have seen the Yipes video will get this one...

:lol

Oh, and to be relevant to the topic other than posting flowcharts, I'm getting the PSN version as soon as it comes out and am looking forward to brushing up on my Cable/Megaman/IronMan team. I fully expect to lose, I can't play god tier.

5540_836008774688_13743199_48303390_5112661_n.jpg

I disagree with this one....the cable one yea...but this one...no way

Nemesis_

akakaze said:

Looks like there still haven't been any imitators :D I'm gonna go post this on Capcom Unity as well...

5540_835982736868_13743199_48301651_736518_n.jpg
I'm totally going to try to change my play style now. >_>

To be fair, I only use that FPFPFPFP combo when I don't want to get close. >_>

gutabo

Fixed2BeBroken said:
Real mvsc2 people will look into this and buy this!!!
http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/pr...ck-sf-style-xbox360stick-prosticks-detail.htm

man, I am so tempted to buy this....

I just wish there was a Dreamcast - Xbox360 converter, it would save me alot of money as I have the samething but for my Dreamcast for when MvsC2 came out for dreamcast.

With that said, Anyone know if a dreamcast - 360 converter thing for controllers actually exists!? man, it would bet the greatest thing ever.
This, except that I made my own stick for DC and PS2. That MAS/JP stick looks sooo sexy... *drool.gif*

dralla

Nemesis556 said:
I'm totally going to try to change my play style now. >_>

To be fair, I only use that FPFPFPFP combo when I don't want to get close. >_>

you never really want to get close with Cable, he's a keep away character. use jab HB from a distance because they're safe, learn the tiger knee-motion AHVP, and pick assists that protect him from a rush down and another to set up his combo's. Cyclops/Psylocke anti-air assists do both.

spamming FP will only get you so far.

SlickVic

I'm a little confused with getting combos to register. I'm trying something simple like LK,LK,HK and half the time I do it registers as a 2 hit combo and other times as a 3 hit combo. I can't even notice what's different in the way I'm hitting the buttons the 2 times and on screen the attacks look identical but one says "2 hit combo" and the other "3 hit combo".

I'm not sure if it's a big deal but I wonder if this has something to do with the fact I can never perform that magical 6 button combo (LP,LK,LP,LK,HP,HK). Don't know if my controller is just too crappy (360 pad) or I'm just timing the buttons wrong. I know the 360 pad isn't ideal for this game but I imagine this simple combo stuff shouldn't be THAT hard with it.

lol sorry sanjuro. you are pretty good but you need to make sure the helpers are complimenting your playstyle and get you in on the opponent for some easy air juggles (which you did on me a few times)

Thrilltacular

Neo Member
Played this game on Dreamcast a whole lot years ago and I'm trying to get back into it with my modded SE stick. I can't seem to get the hang of the whole down+FP launch into the air the proceed to air combo, any pointers? Sorry if it was asked already.

DR2K

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS. I can't even go in my corner and throw fireballs. THATS how bad this is.

Stop playing Ryo. If you want to spam, then pick Cable, and Anti air assist Capcom.

DR2K

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Who do U think is throwing the fireballz?!

Well technically you should call it a beam, as it has different properties than a fireball. Also do them in the air, they have less recovery.

Grecco said:
Ok so i got a 103 hit combo and no achievement, some achievemens are definetly glitched.

No it's 200 hits.

Kamaki

Friendslist gamertag thing has been made for this game.
Everyone on Gaf, with the game on 360, should add; leads to finding games quicker and easier :D

Gamertag: MvC2GAF

akakaze said:

*flowchart Cable pic*

Back in the day we actually banned Cable because if one guy picked Cable, the other would as well and it would turn into a boring HPx3>Viper Beam fest.

But anyways, I'll also be joining the Cable party. Big props to Sanford for winning at Evo with Cable, he brought sexy back :D

gutabo

SlickVic said:
I'm a little confused with getting combos to register. I'm trying something simple like LK,LK,HK and half the time I do it registers as a 2 hit combo and other times as a 3 hit combo. I can't even notice what's different in the way I'm hitting the buttons the 2 times and on screen the attacks look identical but one says "2 hit combo" and the other "3 hit combo".

I'm not sure if it's a big deal but I wonder if this has something to do with the fact I can never perform that magical 6 button combo (LP,LK,LP,LK,HP,HK). Don't know if my controller is just too crappy (360 pad) or I'm just timing the buttons wrong. I know the 360 pad isn't ideal for this game but I imagine this simple combo stuff shouldn't be THAT hard with it.
Are you talking about air combos? If you do them too slow they won't combo. You can try it on practice mode and autoblock on(it will not block the first hit of a combo, but it will try to block every other subsequent hit). Also there are differences between characters. I gave here some advices(and linked this vid) about doing air combos with Magneto. Even using him, if you do the combo slow enough, the first 4 hits will combo but the 5th hit wont because of the opp being higher than Magneto.

Only some characters can hit the full 6 hits of the zigzag magic series because most of the times any HP will end the combo making the opponent drop to the ground too fast for the HK to hit. Anyway, practicing air combos helps going from just mashing buttons to having an idea of which button is being pressed and which attack is coming out.

Hope that helps.

MMaRsu

Kamaki said:
Friendslist gamertag thing has been made for this game.
Everyone on Gaf, with the game on 360, should add; leads to finding games quicker and easier :D

Gamertag: MvC2GAF

Thanks and done.

People need to add this GT so we can have some GAF player matches!!

Kamaki

MMaRsu said:
Thanks and done.

People need to add this GT so we can have some GAF player matches!!

I'l check this account every few hours or something, and add the people who've friend requested it.

HiResDes

New team is raping...Juggernaut, Tron, and Doom. Plus with this new team I've avoided most of the whining I received by playing with Sentinel. However, I did get raped by a guy who did the same shit over and over with BB Hood tossing out missiles and Juggernaut assisting. It sounds so simple, but he timed everything so perfect, and basically ruined my morale everytime I tried to whoop his ass by hitting me with huge hyper's. I'm still pissed about as I speak.

Kamaki

HiResDes said:
New team is raping...Juggernaut, Tron, and Doom. Plus with this new team I've avoided most of the whining I received by playing with Sentinel. However, I did get raped by a guy who did the same shit over and over with BB Hood tossing out missiles and Juggernaut assisting. It sounds so simple, but he timed everything so perfect, and basically ruined my morale everytime I tried to whoop his ass by hitting me with huge hyper's. I'm still pissed about as I speak.

There're a lot of people that basically like to sit back using long ranged attacks and calling in assists like Juggernaut to just wear you down. Obviously not unbeatable but you can lose if you get careless. My favourite thing is to time a super the exact moment someone's stopped firing and just as they're calling in an assist. Gets both of them :p I find that once the assists gone these people normally can't fight with just the one character.

Top Bottom