• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Guy Legend

SecretBonusPoint said:
There is definitely something broken with this games single player. I've breezed through MvsC2's arcade mode more times than I can remember, but even setting the game to easy has the game throwing the hardest difficulty AI your way in Stage 6-7.

I agree. Seems a lot harder than playing on Dreamcast.

I kind of regret buying this now. I hope they patch this damn game.

Zeliard

SecretBonusPoint said:
There is definitely something broken with this games single player. I've breezed through MvsC2's arcade mode more times than I can remember, but even setting the game to easy has the game throwing the hardest difficulty AI your way in Stage 6-7.

I wouldnt be surprised if its a Backbone bug, plus half my moves arent coming out at all. I dunno, will wait for the hardcore community's verdict but theres something not right about the input.

I agree with all of this. Something feels off about both the SP difficulty and the button inputs.

LiK

MvC2's difficulty for XBLA/PSN is like the arcades', imo. they're harder than the console ports as they usually are. but i didn't find MvC2's arcade mode as punishing as the XBLA versions for other Capcom fighters like SFII Hyper Fighting.

and i had no problem pulling off moves for the XBLA version. i can spam Ryu's fireball like a machine gun. :lol still waiting for my retail boxed PS3 version from Gamestop.com. will report back if the PSN version has any problems.

HiResDes

Guy Legend said:
I agree. Seems a lot harder than playing on Dreamcast.

I kind of regret buying this now. I hope they patch this damn game.
Dreamcast was too easy, I play it regularly almost daily when my living room is occupied...I can beat it every time without dying or even coming close to dying on the hardest difficulty with 5 or 6 team variations.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think it's confirmed that they made the Arcade mode harder... more like the actual arcade as opposed to the wimpified console versions.

I've had absolutely no issues with button inputs on the 360 version. If there were button input problems, you can bet you'd be hearing it for a technical game like MvC2. Magento players would be mobbing.

MoxManiac

Yeah, the AI was doing some pretty nice combo shit to me when I played; still didn't seem all that hard though.

I'd be suprised if they tweaked it though; isn't the port based on the DC version?

I haven't had any lock ups with the 360 version and I've played the crap out of it. I was going to double-dip but I think I'm going to wait on a patch at this point.

However, My 20GB launch PS3 DID keep locking up last night, using the web browser on GAF. It locked up 3 times in a row just trying to load pages. I finally gave up. It has gotten quite loud lately and I am very worried...

LiK

MoxManiac said:
Yeah, the AI was doing some pretty nice combo shit to me when I played; still didn't seem all that hard though.

I'd be suprised if they tweaked it though; isn't the port based on the DC version?

i noticed that they do the common AI thing in Capcom fighting games where the 4th and 8th stage enemies have their difficulties ramped up.

and yes, it's the DC version but they probably tweaked some stuff to make it more like the arcade version. correct me if i'm wrong.

TimeKillr

So, hmm...

If the game is as buggy and shitty as people say, does this mean EVO will stick to the DC version? :)

So much for destroying a Dreamcast. :)

MoxManiac

TimeKillr said:
So, hmm...

If the game is as buggy and shitty as people say, does this mean EVO will stick to the DC version? :)

So much for destroying a Dreamcast. :)

I'd be suprised if they used this version. You should check out the list of bugs that have been found on SRK (there's a thread for it) It's pretty staggering. Fucking backbone and their shitty work. CAPCOM STOP HIRING THESE GUYS

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For anyone wanting the arcade/singleplayer achievements/trophies easy:

Go into game options in the option menu.

Game time: 30
Damage Level: 1

For the theme teams:

Avengers: Ironman/Ironman/Ironman (Projectile)
Darkstalkers: BB Hood/BB/BB (Projectile)
Street: Ryu/Ryu/Ryu (or Ken/Ken/Ken, Akuma/Akuma/Akuma) [Projectile]
X-men: Cable/Cable/Cable :lol (...Projectile, again!)

For Avengers and X-men: Spam HP. (Ironman: Down+HP, Cable: HP) while spamming A1/A2.

For Darkstalkers/SF: Good luck, as there isn't a mashable attack for either (BB can Down+HP, but it isn't practical/abusable), basically get them to hyper/DHC a bitch to low health and time out for eight rounds.

You'll usually time out someone (unless you play Cable at damage level 4, in which case spam HP, A1/A2 and then dual-hyper-combo viper-beam a bitch).

Once you get to Abyss it's a matter of time outing him.

YES, you read that right. Abyss can be defeated with time-outs, provided you have MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER left. Build your super meter to level 5/MAX during the first two rounds (just don't lose anyone, just punch/punch/punch/block!) and then DHC the third one to low health. You'll either kill him with two DHC or have him low enough to just time-out.

Easy. I've done the singleplayer achievements in both console versions.

Guy Legend

GuardianE said:
I think it's confirmed that they made the Arcade mode harder... more like the actual arcade as opposed to the wimpified console versions.

I prefer having the lowest difficulty setting play like the wimpified console version.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guy Legend said:
I prefer having the lowest difficulty setting play like the wimpified console version.

Yeah, the issue is that they went with an Easy, Medium, Hard gradient vs. a number gradient. A 1 difficulty on DC does not equal Easy in the Remix... I guess more like a 2-3.

Lothars

SecretBonusPoint said:

I wouldnt be surprised if its a Backbone bug, plus half my moves arent coming out at all. I dunno, will wait for the hardcore community's verdict but theres something not right about the input.

I don't think it's that hard at all especially on easy, I played through it last night on the PS3 and singleplayer on easy was not bad at all even the last couple fights.

LiK

TheSeks said:
For anyone wanting the arcade/singleplayer achievements/trophies easy:

Go into game options in the option menu.

Game time: 30
Damage Level: 1

For the theme teams:

Avengers: Ironman/Ironman/Ironman (Projectile)
Darkstalkers: BB Hood/BB/BB (Projectile)
Street: Ryu/Ryu/Ryu (or Ken/Ken/Ken, Akuma/Akuma/Akuma) [Projectile]
X-men: Cable/Cable/Cable :lol (...Projectile, again!)

For Avengers and X-men: Spam HP. (Ironman: Down+HP, Cable: HP) while spamming A1/A2.

For Darkstalkers/SF: Good luck, as there isn't a mashable attack for either (BB can Down+HP, but it isn't practical/abusable), basically get them to hyper/DHC a bitch to low health and time out for eight rounds.

You'll usually time out someone (unless you play Cable at damage level 4, in which case spam HP, A1/A2 and then dual-hyper-combo viper-beam a bitch).

Once you get to Abyss it's a matter of time outing him.

YES, you read that right. Abyss can be defeated with time-outs, provided you have MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER left. Build your super meter to level 5/MAX during the first two rounds (just don't lose anyone, just punch/punch/punch/block!) and then DHC the third one to low health. You'll either kill him with two DHC or have him low enough to just time-out.

Easy. I've done the singleplayer achievements in both console versions.

wow, so much to think about. i just played with the default settings and had no trouble beating SP.

Fantasmo

Prezhulio said:
so the fate of custom soundtracks on ps3 during online is the same as sfiv's i see.

Again???? what the **** is the problem here?

Fuck you Capcom, you and your shit music and crap support of custom soundtracks, glad I didn't purchase this time around.

GuardianE said:
I used to beat Abyss with nothing but punches in the DC version of difficulty 8.

TheSeks

LiK said:
wow, so much to think about. i just played with the default settings and had no trouble beating SP.

Well, it's mostly for people that want to beat the singleplayer that were complaining about it being too hard in here. For me, the "no continue" bit is the problem. I can beat the singleplayer with one-two continues (FUCK YOU STRIDER AND YOUR GODDAMN SPEED) just fine, it's not continuing to the achievement/trophies that's the problem. ;)

MoxManiac said:
You should check out the list of bugs that have been found on SRK (there's a thread for it)

You mean: this?

Some of them are :lol .

General: Xbox 360 only: Start of match is laggy (doesn't seem to affect the PS3)

Because syncing players before the action starts is a "bug?" (Though yeah, the loading "versus" screen lags, probably because of the syncing)

LiK

TheSeks said:
Well, it's mostly for people that want to beat the singleplayer that were complaining about it being too hard in here. For me, the "no continue" bit is the problem. I can beat the singleplayer with one-two continues (FUCK YOU STRIDER AND YOUR GODDAMN SPEED) just fine, it's not continuing to the achievement/trophies that's the problem. ;)

haha, i kinda liked the no continues requirement. it forced me to be good with the Darkstalkers team that i rarely used during my arcade days. makes the team achievements/trophies require some effort. ;)

TheSeks

Megadragon15 said:
So what's the verdict? Yay or nay?

If you really want it: yay. The game is fine, it's just typical Backbone shitty porting that's the problem.

TheSeks

SoccerGoaliePro said:
didn't IGN rate the PS3 version of the game higher?

Do people care?

Yes, they did. But no one gives a shit.

LiK

SoccerGoaliePro said:
didn't IGN rate the PS3 version of the game higher?

yea, for this reason:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1008298p1.html

Our 360 copy of the game has a few frame hiccups on character selection and at the start of matches that don't appear on PS3, an issue that could keep the Xbox version from tournament worthiness without seriously impacting the gameplay.

altho both versions were reviewed before the final game came out. i don't remember the 360 version having any problems they mentioned.

Degen

SoccerGoaliePro said:
Wow people online are cheap as hell. people should not be allowed to call in their partners for help all the time. There should be a limit for that
Being cheap in MvC2 is like memorizing tracks in Wipeout.
You don't have to like doing it. Just do it or you'll be at a disadvantage when everyone else does it.

Juggernaut PUNCH! I'm Juggernaut! >;)

TheSeks

LiK said:
altho both versions were reviewed before the final game came out. i don't remember the 360 version having any problems they mentioned.

They're talking about online. Online the 360 version does stumble/lag in character select/start of match. But I wager that's the 360 netcode syncing players up more than anything. It's not a huge gamebreaking thing (minus the lag not loading the versus screen for a minute or two. :|) so I wouldn't count it "impacting tourney play."

Roto13

Degen said:
You don't have to like doing it. Just do it or you'll be at a disadvantage when everyone else does it.

Viper Beam! Viper Beam! Viper Beam! HYPER VIPER BEAM!

Degen said:

Hehe, I met a pretty beasty Cable/Juggs/Hulk team the other day. Scary!

I always try to taunt now after taking someone out and before their next character enters, hulk is the best to do that :p

LET'S ROCK! *punches air*

people who spam jugg's support should know better when you expect it, block it, super it :lol

vocab

From Jimmy Rey on Capcom Unity. said:
First of all, let me apologize on behalf of Capcom for all of the crashing that seems to be occuring on the PSN version. I can assure you that things like using the custom match option and headset use was tested extensively and it's a bit of a mystery as to why these issues are occuring now.

I'm keeping a running tab on the major issues that are coming up and we are currently looking into addressing them. Please keep in mind that development, testing, and approval of a patch can take a while. I wouldn't expect a patch to be released for a month or two.

Again, sorry for any inconvenince. I just wanted to make sure that you guys know that we are aware of the issues and that action is being taken.

In other words, have fun with your broken version for 1 to 2 months. Sick of Capcom for treating people like this. This Release now, patch later shit has to stop. I feel bad for people who actually support fighting games, they get treated like third rate gamers.

-PXG-

vocab said:
In other words, have fun with your broken version for 1 to 2 months. Sick of Capcom for treating people like this. This Release now, patch later shit has to stop.

It's not just Capcom, a lot of companies are guilty of this.

Roto13

Capcom-Unity said:
I can assure you that things like using the custom match option and headset use was tested extensively and it's a bit of a mystery as to why these issues are occuring now.
Bullshit.

1-2 months? Fucking hell. Do companies even have product testing departments anymore? The freezing is happening to everyone when either a player quits from your room or other stuff in the lobby.

Also I'm sure theres some input lag at work on the PSN version (at least). It doesn't feel anywhere close to as snappy as the DC version.

Volcynika

SecretBonusPoint said:
1-2 months? Fucking hell. Do companies even have product testing departments anymore? The freezing is happening to everyone when either a player quits from your room or other stuff in the lobby.

Also I'm sure theres some input lag at work on the PSN version (at least). It doesn't feel anywhere close to as snappy as the DC version.

QA is a thing of the past, man.

:p

To the people that have actually been able to play online:

Do you have any kind of special port forwarding to the ps3 set up on your router? It sounds like it's mostly a problem with the game, but sometimes (even in other games, but rarely) I can't find any online matches even though I know there should be some.

It's so crappy that this game actually FREEZES when looking for games fails. So lame.

So from what I've read in the thread so far, I can assume that the PS3 online play is still pretty borked? I was hoping to pick this up exclusively for online play, as I can always pop out the DC version if needed.

RedNumberFive said:
So from what I've read in the thread so far, I can assume that the PS3 online play is still pretty borked? I was hoping to pick this up exclusively for online play, as I can always pop out the DC version if needed.

It seems that way, at least for some people. I have no idea if it has anything to do with the router model/router settings/ps3 model/ number of online game choking the game/ whatever, but some people can play online and some just cant. =(

Based on that capcom reply, it sounds like it's a pretty widespread issue, and not to expect a fix for a while. Hopefully that comment was to lower expectations, and when a patch comse out sooner, they'll be all like 'look, a patch sooner than you expected', but I guess we'll see.

shattyboombatty said:
It seems that way, at least for some people. I have no idea if it has anything to do with the router model/router settings/ps3 model/ number of online game choking the game/ whatever, but some people can play online and some just cant. =(

Based on that capcom reply, it sounds like it's a pretty widespread issue, and not to expect a fix for a while. Hopefully that comment was to lower expectations, and when a patch comse out sooner, they'll be all like 'look, a patch sooner than you expected', but I guess we'll see.

Thanks. Sounds like I'll just save my money, skip this one, and pull the ol' DC out of the closet.

Top Bottom