• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I have a question about Zaeed's loyalty mission:
if you choose to rescue those people instead of going after that guy what happens?
Is Zaeed going to be pissed or it will end same? I mean Zaeed will kill that guy in the end of mission anyway?

miladesn said:
I have a question about Zaeed's loyalty mission

You can still get his loyalty if you use the paragon dialogue option at the end. I did this mission like first thing and had enough to do it, so it doesn't require a particularly high score.

EatChildren said:
What I would give to be able to have played ME2 not knowing who Archangel was.

Ah, if only...

Though they kind of spoil it before you enter the building he's holed up in and he's sniping out the window. A turian in blue armor... Whoever could it be?

Archangel's was definitely my favorite recruitment mission, though. Omega is rife with criminal scumbags, and the one thing they have in common is their fear and hatred of the guy. All the dialog you had with the mercs, with them telling you how the Archangel's just going around and fucking their shit up built up to a very satisfying reveal, even if you already knew who it was.

Rubenov

Guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to search for it. As somebody that doesn't care about the extra credits/elements?/etc... is it worth it to replay Mass Effect 1 in order to carry my character over? I'm loking at it more in terms of story benefits and continuation.

I enjoyed Mass Effect 1, but don't want to deal with the hours invested in Mako exploration and mineral harvesting shiite. So what do you say GAF?

Edit: I played the original on the 360, and now have the Steam version.

Rubenov said:
Guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to search for it. As somebody that doesn't care about the extra credits/elements?/etc... is it worth it to replay Mass Effect 1 in order to carry my character over? I'm loking at it more in terms of story benefits and continuation.

I enjoyed Mass Effect 1, but don't want to deal with the hours invested in Mako exploration and mineral harvesting shiite. So what do you say GAF?

I think all of the times that you encounter characters from the first game or have things following up on plot points from the first game definitely makes it worth it.

Az987

all good things
Do I have to go somewhere and buy the Dr. Pepper armor pieces?

I downloaded them and went to change my armor and they arent there

Rubenov

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I think all of the times that you encounter characters from the first game or have things following up on plot points from the first game definitely makes it worth it.

Ok, fuck :( Now, should I go crazy leveling up on the first one or just stick to the story and move my character over? I know about the credit bonuses depending on the level, but I'm not interested in those.

Rubenov said:

You should be able to download a PC save somewhere with various choices.

Alucrid

Banned
Az987 said:
Do I have to go somewhere and buy the Dr. Pepper armor pieces?

I downloaded them and went to change my armor and they arent there

At the title screen it should have "New Downloads Available" for you to download them. That's how it was with all the other armors.

Rubenov said:

Credits and experience: not a big deal

Story elements and attachment to your custom Shepard: OMG SO WORTH IT

Az987

all good things
Alucrid said:
At the title screen it should have "New Downloads Available" for you to download them. That's how it was with all the other armors.

Yea I did that but they arent showing up when I go to change my armor in game.

Najaf

Just a friendly reminder that Mass Effect: Redemption #1 (the prequel comic to ME2) is available today, February 3rd, for free on iTunes. This is a one day only deal, so grab it if you have not read it.

Az987 said:
restart your Xbox and try again.

It goes: enter code online, choose prize, download on Cerberus network, retart Xbox after download, then it shows up in your locker

Spasm

Az987 said:
You have to restart the game after downloading them for them to show up. And they're only accessible in Shepard's quarters.

It's probably already been asked but did anyone else get fucked over on their CE armour? I've been trying to download it today and it just won't work, some bull-shit about my EA account being linked to another 'persona', whatever that means. Posted on the Bioware forums and apparently I'm just screwed. I totally regret paying the extra for the CE now, last time I ever buy into that crap. Why there wasn't just a code to redeem in on the dashboard like every other game on the system I don't know.

Still, amazing game, collectors armour or not.

ChillWinston said:
It's probably already been asked but did anyone else get fucked over on their CE armour? I've been trying to download it today and it just won't work, some bull-shit about my EA account being linked to another 'persona', whatever that means. Posted on the Bioware forums and apparently I'm just screwed. I totally regret paying the extra for the CE now, last time I ever buy into that crap. Why there wasn't just a code to redeem in on the dashboard like every other game on the system I don't know.

That sucks. I'll take your armor code please :D

Spasm

ChillWinston said:

Give them a call and they'll straighten it out. Happened to my buddy. He had an old EA.com account that was already linked to his gamertag, that he'd forgotten about. He set up a new account, and put all his codes in, which just disappeared into the ether. He called support and they fixed it all up for him.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Affeinvasion said:
ARGH my game has started freezing (360 of course) everytime or nearly everytime I get into a cinematic dialogue sequence.
This happened to me too. But it happens in other games as well, just not as often as in ME2. So I assumed that it's dying and I'm getting an Elite soon.

Are any other games giving you problems?

The Lamonster said:
That sucks. I'll take your armor code please :D

It's one use unfortunately, I've tried re-inputting it a few times to start the process over but that shit's just not happening.

Thanks Spasm, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

careful

I wish I could disable the helmets for the DLC armors.

I have the 12 track Steam version soundtrack and that shit is horrible. It only has the boring orchestral tracks. None of the good synth tracks I heard on youtube are there. Disapointment supreme.

OMG Aero

Okay, I'm at the point of the game where I can start romancing Miranda, but I'm not sure if I want to choose her instead of someone else that isn't available yet. Should I leave her alone and just wait until I can pick the other person or is it possible to romance multiple people, in which case should I go with Miranda anyway or is that considered renegade?

Also, why is having dinner with
Kelly
considered renegade too, should I not be doing that?

Quick question about playing ME2 on another console -

I moved my HDD over with my saves but it's asking me to redownload the DLC. Can I do that for free on another console? Will it invalidate the already downloaded DLC on my original console somehow? Thanks.

OMG Aero said:
Okay, I'm at the point of the game where I can start romancing Miranda, but I'm not sure if I want to choose her instead of someone else that isn't available yet. Should I leave her alone and just wait until I can pick the other person or is it possible to romance multiple people, in which case should I go with Miranda anyway or is that considered renegade?

Also, why is having dinner with
Kelly
considered renegade too, should I not be doing that?

Deleted date rape scene?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Regarding Kelly:

How do you even trigger events? I know you can have dinner and have a strieteaste or something, but I'm near the end of the game and she never says anything new. She said some things when I got new party members, but now I can only ever ask her the same three things.

Dipper145

So who can I bang in this game?

I've already done
Miranda, and Jack. Is there anyone else, can you bang maybe that scary looking Asari? or Tali?

Coxswain

charlequin said:
Start by actually giving weapon selection more value -- instead of two guns, one of which is a pure upgrade over the other, have 5 weapons in each category, all with listed stats, and make them all sidegrades -- this assault rifle has better penetration, this one has more raw damage but a slower firing rate, etc.
That's almost exactly what they did, though. Almost every 'upgraded' weapon in Mass Effect 2 is a horizontal rather than vertical advancement. The Hand Cannon doesn't obsolete the Predator pistol, the Viper doesn't obsolete the Mantis Sniper Rifle, and hell, the Revenant LMG doesn't obsolete the Battle Rifle.
The only straight upgrades off the top of my head are the Tempest vs the Shuriken (Machine Pistols) and the Widow vs the Mantis (Sniper Rifles) - and the Widow both a) comes with the opportunity cost of not being able to choose an additional weapon training/specialization, and b) still has viable competition in the Viper.

It would be better if every weapon category had five or so weapons to choose from, for sure, but they really did do a very good job with the weapons that are there in terms of making almost all of them useful.

Mohonky

Quick question: On a second playthrough, will I get to keep my upgraded weapons and ship parts? I don't plan on having to scan all those bloody planets again....

Arde5643

Mohonky said:
Quick question: On a second playthrough, will I get to keep my upgraded weapons and ship parts? I don't plan on having to scan all those bloody planets again....
No upgrades, but it gives you a bunch of credits and minerals so that you can buy stuffs and upgrade more than 3-4 times without any problem initially.

Mohonky said:

You will keep your weapons, no upgrades and no ship upgrades.

Mohonky

Arde5643 said:
No upgrades, but it gives you a bunch of credits and minerals so that you can buy stuffs and upgrade more than 3-4 times without any problem initially.
Cheers. Next question; how the fuck do I get it on with Miranda. I fought with her over the Jack thing and now she won't talk to me. My paragon is in the last bar (over 80%) but I still can't use my paragon speech option.

dralla

Papercuts said:
Regarding Kelly:

How do you even trigger events? I know you can have dinner and have a strieteaste or something, but I'm near the end of the game and she never says anything new. She said some things when I got new party members, but now I can only ever ask her the same three things.

I can't remember the who it was,
maybe Garrus? After you recruit him she'll say she feels bad for him and wants to give him a hug. There's an option to ask for a hug also, than you can ask her to dinner.
It's something along those things, I can't remember exactly.

edgefusion

Is there any secret cool armour stashed away in the galaxy or is it all available in shops? I've completed the story but don't seem to have particularly great armour.

Mohonky

BigJonsson said:
How the hell do I use the M-920 Cain? I hit fire and it just sputters....

Hold down the trigger, for a long time. It takes ages to charge but once that thing goes off........

dralla

it also has to be over 100%, that's how much each shot takes off.

i really like the avalanche personally. you can rapid fire or charge it up, and it freezes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
SundaySounds said:
DUDE. TALI!

Chicken feet.

dralla said:
it also has to be over 100%, that's how much each shot takes off.

i really like the avalanche personally. you can rapid fire or charge it up, and it freezes.

You can charge the avalanche? Damn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
dralla said:
I can't remember the who it was,
maybe Garrus? After you recruit him she'll say she feels bad for him and wants to give him a hug. There's an option to ask for a hug also, than you can ask her to dinner.
It's something along those things, I can't remember exactly.

Oh...god damn I really missed it then, I already have everyone. :lol

Vamphuntr

Mohonky said:
Hold down the trigger, for a long time. It takes ages to charge but once that thing goes off........

Indeed attack power is 20 times that of the grenade launcher. I think you also need it to be at 100% to fire. Even with all of the Heavy ammo upgrades, you can only fire it twice before running out.

kuYuri

When I was conversing with
Tali
earlier, I was so close to changing my mind and get intimate with her. But I had already decided before I even started the game I was going for Miranda.

Next time
Tali
, oh yes, you will be mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom