• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Trent Strong said:
So I'm using a lady Shepard. Does anyone know which women characters are willing to lez out? The only one giving me any signals so far is the receptionist/psychologist.

Sadly, the receptionist is the only one and she doesn't count towards the Romance achievement. My femshep longs for Miranda's
ass
but will never be able to make the most of it :(

Dresden

God, so addicted to this game. Got back home and I ended up playing for two straight hours. Started a Adept on Insanity, gave him Slam, and it was surprisingly effective. Although every fight pretty much goes warp-warp-warp-warp-slam. But Warp is fun to play with though. In Archangel's mission, for example, I launched a Warp at the
chopper thing
and because it started moving as I fired it, Warp curved around the entire building and ended up hitting him on the other side.

Will probably hit up the prison next. I'm not looking forward to Horizon or the Krogan recruitment quest, though.

puebla

for the people who got the digital deluxe edition of ME2 from Steam: where do i get the digital art book? i have the zaeed, normandy and armor/weapons downloads but i don't know where to access the art book.

i'm 26 hours in and it's starting to feel like this might be the best game i've ever played.

Wiggum2007

I actually really like Grunt as a character, but both his acquisition and loyalty missions have been pretty dull compared to the rest of the game so far.

I wanted to see the Thresher Maw get its head 'sploded like in the trailer :(

kai3345

Banned
So I just got the
IFF
how the hell do I go talk to
Legion?
in the cutscene directly after the mission it said i should go activate him and talk to him, but where do I find him?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
kai3345 said:
So I just got the
IFF
Legion?
in the cutscene directly after the mission it said i should go activate him and talk to him, but where do I find him?

Go to the med bay and through to the AI core.

Xamdou

kai3345 said:
So I just got the
IFF
Legion?

The room behind the med-bay, where EDI's CPU code is located.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
kai3345 said:
So I just got the
IFF
Legion?

AI Core. The door is in the back of the medical bay on the crew deck.

puebla said:
for the people who got the digital deluxe edition of ME2 from Steam: where do i get the digital art book? i have the zaeed, normandy and armor/weapons downloads but i don't know where to access the art book.

i'm 26 hours in and it's starting to feel like this might be the best game i've ever played.
Check:

Steam\steamapps\common\mass effect 2\Bonus

All your bonus materials should be there.

Stallion Free said:
Sadly, the receptionist is the only one and she doesn't count towards the Romance achievement. My femshep longs for Miranda's
ass
but will never be able to make the most of it :(

Dammit. I was hoping Miranda would be more open minded. Oh well, she has a big nose anyway.

Ephemeris

neojubei said:
Well down the line you might regret returning it.
Yeah I know. That's why I haven't done it yet. There's currently 4 CE's in my house (mine + 2 friends' + the 1 I'm supposed to return):lol

Ronabo said:
Beat the game on Veteran. It was awesome. I did everything I could, listened/talked till it looped total of 60 + hours. Full Paragon, all achievement except 3. Great game.

Sounds like my playthrough, cept I'm missing 2. :D

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Foliorum Viridum said:
I just did
Tali
's loyalty mission and it's probably the best thing in the game yet. I loved the setup, the action, and then the dramatic finale.

Such a fantastic character.
Yeah, i just finished it, and i agree with everything you said. I hope
admiral xen
appears in ME3.:D and there's some potential greatness in a
quarian homeworld invasion sidequest for ME3

Lafiel said:
Yeah, i just finished it, and i agree with everything you said. I hope
admiral xen
appears in ME3.:D and there's some potential greatness in a
quarian homeworld invasion sidequest for ME3

That could even potentially be DLC or Expansion pack type material, if they're serious about really stepping up the post game support this time around.

Zen

Banned
I'm sorry to have to ask this question (since it has probably already been answered and I couldn't find it in the OP) but if I lost my ME1 save file and am starting ME2, does it give me a question list I can use to rebuild the consequences of my choices?

kai3345

Banned
I'll post this again

Terminus Armor and Blackstorm Heavy Weapon code up for trade here.

PM me with any offers

Please, No cash, Xbox live

Preferably looking for Microsoft Points, Arcade games or DLC codes, or Steam Games

but again im open to all offers

Red

Ronabo said:
Beat the game on Veteran. It was awesome. I did everything I could, listened/talked till it looped total of 60 + hours. Full Paragon, all achievement except 3. Great game.
I don't understand how people are spending so much time on this game. I've talked to everyone, exhausting all dialogue branches, done practically every sidequest, am about to do the
Omega 4 relay jump
and have only played for 36 hours. Playing on insanity, too.

Zen said:
I'm sorry to have to ask this question (since it has probably already been answered and I couldn't find it in the OP) but if I lost my ME1 save file and am starting ME2, does it give me a question list I can use to rebuild the consequences of my choices?

No, and the default choices are all terrible, too.

Zen

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:
No, and the default choices are all terrible, too.

What the crap, one of my friends just told me the choices it defaults to. :lol

Ok... god I hope there's an ME1 save editor on the internet somewhere... otherwise I'm just going to replay all of ME1, arg.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ephemeris said:
Yeah I know. That's why I haven't done it yet. There's currently 4 CE's in my house (mine + 2 friends' + the 1 I'm supposed to return):lol

I bought 2 myself one opened and one unopened. Probably sell it when mass effect 3 comes out.

Crunched said:
I don't understand how people are spending so much time on this game. I've talked to everyone, exhausting all dialogue branches, done practically every sidequest, am about to do the
Omega 4 relay jump
and have only played for 36 hours. Playing on insanity, too.

The only explanations are either they're idling in the game a lot, scanning WAY too much, or reading every Codex entry (and are slow readers), because there is NOT 60 hours of content in a single playthrough of this game, not even close.

Based on my two runs, I'd say there's maybe 40 hours of game there if you do every hidden sidequest, get all upgrades, and Investigate everyone to death. If you get distracted by real life and leave the game on, obviously your clock is going to read a bit longer like mine did. My Insanity run was around 30 hours, though I didn't do everything and X buttoned my way through conversations/cutscenes toward the end, it wouldn't have added another 30 hours to my game clock.

Zen said:

Ok... god I hope there's an ME1 save editor on the internet somewhere... otherwise I'm just going to replay all of ME1, arg.

It is so not worth it. Terrible choices or not, they barely affect the game.

kiryogi

Banned
so backtracking on earlier complaints. Is it really fair to hold up me2 to dragon age in standards? I feel that they have different focuses for each title. I mean the character banter would be nice., but that's not what the focus in mass effect is. Tho. I believe the character development here is beyond what me1 offered tho. That said. I absolutely am enjoying me2 and like it a ton more than the first

Cep

Banned
kiryogi said:
so backtracking on earlier complaints. Is it really fair to hold up me2 to dragon age in standards? I feel that they have different focuses for each title. I mean the character banter would be nice., but that's not what the focus in mass effect is. Tho. I believe the character development here is beyond what me1 offered tho. That said. I absolutely am enjoying me2 and like it a ton more than the first

Dude, ME2 is ALL about the characters.

Buy all rights, this game should have MORE banter.

markatisu

kiryogi said:

There was more character banter in the elevator of ME1 then exists in ME2, no reason they could not have continued it. Your party is kind of lifeless when the characters running around with you do not speak except in cutscenes and activated events

JayDubya said:
After grinding through all the loyalty missions... Is it just me, or does almost every fucking companion in this game have daddy issues? Or is the cause of some?

:lol

Yeah, you get to the loyalty mission part of the game and all of a sudden it's like it's being written by the creators of LOST. :lol I think there's only three missions out of the seven that don't involve parental issues, and one's about adolescence and another's about a protege.

Arde5643

Zen said:

Replay ME1 first before playing ME2 otherwise you'll really notice how torturous and crap the combat and mako exploration of ME1 is.

1st time I played ME1 it was fine, but after playing ME2, replaying ME1 is such a chore.

Zen said:

I actually have seen that there's an ME1 save editor out there somewhere. I think there may already be an ME2 editor/trainer as well. :lol

brandonh83 said:
When all else fails, nail a character with family issues.

I had several unread messages after I finished the last mission, some of them being new mission messages. I didn't bother to read them because I never really do, and just assumed they would update to my journal. I even got the pop-ups for the journal/mission updates that come up on the right side of the screen. But nothing is in the journal and nothing is on the galaxy map.

Did you check the archived messages?

Just finished the game for the first time. I really enjoyed it but like some of the reviews, I'm not sure the story really moved very far. Regardless, I really enjoyed the game and will definitely be playing through a second time. A lot of the new characters that I didn't think I'd like I actually ended up liking.
I was pissed that Jack randomly died on the final mission though. It's not like I made a decision pertaining to her, she just happened to be in my squad and pulled away by the stupid swarm. Was a pretty cheap death and one that I will be very disappointed with if I can't use her in ME3 as she was one of my favorite squadmates to bring along
I went Paragon overall by quite a bit but still gave in to a few Renegade options here and there. One of my complaints that remains from the first game is that the dialogue options you have to choose from don't always indicate exactly what you're going to say or do. I'll choose to say something that sounds like what I'd like to do and something completely different comes out. Regardless of a few minor complaints, a great, great game. Definitely playing through again.

Justin

I am doing Miranda's loyalty mission and got to a part where I need to get on a elevator. Problem is that the elevator is locked and I cant find a way in. The ship AI said something about hacking into it but nothing happened after that. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Amir0x

Banned
man I'm still so impressed with this game's memory of my Mass Effect 1 actions

The part of Illium when
the Asari comes up with the message from the Rachni I saved
was pure <3

So immersive

Just heard one of the news reports in Nos Astra reporting that
would-be hero Conrad Verner was killed trying to stop some mercs on top of a bus. Apparently he fell off trying to board it and hit several flying cars before plummeting to his ultimate doom

I suppose it was only a matter of time. :lol

ianp622

markatisu said:
There was more character banter in the elevator of ME1 then exists in ME2, no reason they could not have continued it. Your party is kind of lifeless when the characters running around with you do not speak except in cutscenes and activated events

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint with the game. I became attached to the characters and they really made me feel like I was in the ME world, but every time I would try to talk to them and they wouldn't say anything, it would chip away at the illusion. I couple hundred lines of extra dialogue (or more than one loyalty mission per character) would have done wonders for this game.

Amir0x said:
man I'm still so impressed with this game's memory of my Mass Effect 1 actions

The part of Illium when
the Asari comes up with the message from the Rachni I saved
was pure <3

So immersive

Freaked out on that a bit. The way the message went made it seem like They were gonna return and cause trouble and I was gonna have to clean up my mess.

Amir0x

Banned
ExtraKr1spy said:
Freaked out on that a bit. The way the message went made it seem like They were gonna return and cause trouble and I was gonna have to clean up my mess.

Who says you're not?

I don't trust them

Spaceman Spiff said:

Just heard one of the news reports in Nos Astra reporting that
would-be hero Conrad Verner was killed trying to stop some mercs on top of a bus. Apparently he fell off trying to board it and hit several flying cars before plummeting to his ultimate doom

I suppose it was only a matter of time. :lol
That could sorta happen in ME1, too.

If you tell Conrad to get lost before the culmination of the crazy, he says "I'LL SHOW YOU" and then you hear a news report on an elevator saying that a crazy human attacked a bunch of turians and got shot to death.

Arde5643

Finished my infiltrator playthrough on veteran.

Itching to play some of the other classes. Heard vanguard was one of the hardest classes to play so quite interested in that as well.

Other than that, anyone played Engineers or Adepts in veteran or hardcore difficulty yet?
Are they pretty fun to play?

Lead Farmer said:
I didn't use my cerberus network code because I bought it off the marketplace like an idiot...If anybody wants it let me know!

I believe there's still more free Cerberus stuff in the works, you might want to hang onto that code.

Anso

Just finished the game. Can we have ME3 now?

Chose to preserve the Collector's base. I don't know why really, I think it was because I was 100% renegade and for my next playthrough as paragon I will definitely destroy it... Will be extremely interesting to see how this works out in ME3 since it's such a HUGE thing.

Anso

brandonh83 said:
The Collector's theme and the music that plays when you're
fighting the boss on Horizon
is fucking awesome.

I'm partial to Tali's battle themes myself. Actually a good friend of mine who composed them, Jimmy Hinson. He got the gig through OverClocked ReMix (to make a long story short).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom