• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Should I import my lvl 55 or should I start a new game? I want to import him because he's awesome, but I fucking killed Wrex on that playthrough. It's my only playthrough :(. Should I just create a new character for the next playthrough and encounter wrex so I'll have some new stuff to enjoy next time or what? It's wrex man.. :(

Wrex
Shepard
Wrex
Shepard

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DY_nasty said:
Is it possible that you beat it under a different gamer profile?

No, the same thing happened to me last night. I had to replay the last section of ME1 and remake the end-game save.

Edit: Wrex.

Ephemeris

MMaRsu said:
Should I import my lvl 55 or should I start a new game? I want to import him because he's awesome, but I fucking killed Wrex on that playthrough. It's my only playthrough :(. Should I just create a new character for the next playthrough and encounter wrex so I'll have some new stuff to enjoy next time or what? It's wrex man.. :(

Wrex
Shepard
Wrex
Shepard

Well hopefully you'll have two playthroughs of ME2.

So go with your import on playthrough #1 and do a completely new one for #2..

ghostmind

Just got my 360 CE - last copy in the area.

Am looking for a Terminus/Blackstorm code. Only thing I have to trade right now is 48-hour XBL code.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Einbroch said:
I pity anyone who is playing this game on Insanity as an Adept.

I tried on veteran fresh out the gate and got demolished :lol.

At least the game is actually a challenge now.

Because I don't want to accidentally fuck up...

So I'm about to redeem the code for the Terminus Armor and the Blackstorm Heavy Weapon. The Mass Effect website tells me to make sure I'm logged into the same e-mail account as the one I'm using in game.

What does that mean? When I start the game I need to input an e-mail? or is it referring to the e-mail tied to my Xbox Live account?

I ask because the e-mail I used for EA's site is NOT the one I use for Live.

Would appreciate the help as I've just installed both disks and would like to begin!

Edit: Nevermind. There was a quick and easy e-mail requirement upon starting the game. I'm good. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Einbroch said:
I pity anyone who is playing this game on Insanity as an Adept.
Oh yeah, for all future infiltrators... AMMO IS AN ISSUE

Make those shots count. 11 shots needs to equal 13 kills.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MMaRsu said:

Wrex
Shepard
Wrex
Shepard

Didn't we get confirmation that the default settings will be
that __you killed ____Wrex
when making a new character?

Swag

Man, combat feels so much better now, so smooth. Playing on Veteran and it's actually fun / challenging. Have to think a bit about how things are gonna go, or else I see the red veins of death!

I'm on
Omega
and its so cool how the news lady is talking about stuff that heppened in the first game. She mentioned
Kaidan foundation for Biotics
:lol.

One question though, is anyone else kinda finding it a bit hit and miss with the Biotic power curving? Seems to happen really randomly for me. Does it only happen at higher levels?

Pancakes

chimster said:
gah i guess i gotta play me1 before i get to play 2

Unfortunately, yes :(.

Though in retrospect, watching the ME1 ending and then jumping right into ME2 felt pretty good.

MacBosse

thecultofprefection.jpg

She is lurking somewhere out there ... waiting for the call from Fox.

MMaRsu said:

Wrex
Shepard
Wrex
Shepard

If you REALLY think he's awesome and essential to your Mass Effect experience, yeah you should start over.
The Giant Bombcast spoilers by Brad of Wrex uniting the Krogan and being a badass king
made me even more happy I didn't kill the guy in my playthrough.

Sheperd.......Wrex...... :D

Zeliard

_tetsuo_ said:
The combat is much better in this one.

Only thing they still need to do is make Shepard's animations smoother, especially during transitions. I also don't like fighting the big mechs that much - they just feel like bullet (or biotic) sponges and don't do anything but come directly at you. I guess they do bring some tension.

Outside of that, the combat is just splendid.

JoeBoy101

Jesus this game is good.

Just stopped by to say that the Captains Quarters far exceed the first one and (i'll spoiler just in case)
the photo frame with your romance from the first game is a very nice touch, nearly missed it

Seriously, anyone is on the hook for this game, so far at least, its an instant buy.

Ephemeris

DY_nasty said:
Oh yeah, for all future infiltrators... AMMO IS AN ISSUE

Make those shots count. 11 shots needs to equal 13 kills.

You playing on PC or 360?

hulot said:
:lol I remember going to the armor loadout screen and seeing that, smh.

:lol Yeah. I was like "No thanks"

MMaRsu

Aaaaaaaaaaargghhhh what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

why did they omit scars? What the FUCK man. Now my eye scar is gone, this is some bullshit

Aside from that, banging opening so far

Skilotonn said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that only 4 Collectors' Editions are supposed to come in tomorrow - just like the first Mass Effect, the CE really is extra limited all over the world.
I will put my CE for the first game up for sale. Anyone?

Zeliard

MMaRsu said:
Aaaaaaaaaaargghhhh what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

why did they omit scars? What the FUCK man. Now my eye scar is gone, this is some bullshit

Aside from that, banging opening so far

There's an in-game reason they omitted scars from the character creator.

The whole RPG Lite complaint is really laughable now that I've played it. I'm scoring all kinds of awesome upgrades and then gathering materials to make them and they all have a huge impact. I am so loving it, and it's miles better than ME1 in that respect.

Micius

Sebulon3k said:
Man, combat feels so much better now, so smooth. Playing on Veteran and it's actually fun / challenging. Have to think a bit about how things are gonna go, or else I see the red veins of death!

I'm on
Omega
and its so cool how the news lady is talking about stuff that heppened in the first game. She mentioned
Kaidan foundation for Biotics
:lol.

One question though, is anyone else kinda finding it a bit hit and miss with the Biotic power curving? Seems to happen really randomly for me. Does it only happen at higher levels?

Yeah, the new aiming system with biotic powers take a bit of getting used to. Aiming isn't based entirely on the crosshair position but on the targeting "box" that turns up around enemies it seems. When enemies are going in and out of cover or moving the targeting gets a bit random. Sometimes it goes for an old enemy position and hits the wall (or even curves neatly into the wall, d'oh :lol ). I find it best to use the power right after an enemy comes out of cover to shoot, or at some point when they are not about to move sideways.

careksims

anddo0 said:
Good lord, how long does this thing take to decrypt?

Takes a bit. Make a sandwich or something. Sometimes it looks like it doesn't move, but it's going. I'm still waiting for the last DLC to d/l. 480MB big! Sheesh!

DY_nasty

Sebulon3k said:
You ever seen Wanted?

You can curve certain attacks around/over objects to hit enemies around cover. :D Just so you know, it gets a little funky if you've got the sniper rifle equipped and you're locked behind cover (a bug causes you to zoom).

Want to lean it around the side? Pull up the wheel, select the attack - then aim to side a bit. Watch as the ball of doom goes around the cover and ruins someone's day.
Ephemeris said:
You playing on PC or 360?

:lol Yeah. I was like "No thanks"

and the ghetto space lumberjack grew on me. I didn't like wearing Cerberus gear around the ship, so I ended up wearing that a lot. Even though it is a bit BrawnyMan-esque :lol

So I got mine but I still haven't quite finished my current run of the original. I want to be lvl 50 and paragon going into ME2. But I prefer to play through these games being evil/mean the first time so my Shepard will suddenly become a selfish ass. :D

What side is everyone else going through for the first time? Paragon or Renegade?

Foil

Just got back from picking up my CE. Man, the wait for this game was painful. I love the tin case. Don't really care for the comic but the artbook is really nice. Now off to put in my codes, install, and play until my eyes bleed. I can't believe I was able to resist reading spoilers for the past week.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
So I got mine but I still haven't quite finished my current run of the original. I want to be lvl 50 and paragon going into ME2. But I prefer to play through these games being evil/mean the first time so my Shepard will suddenly become a selfish ass. :D

What side is everyone else going through for the first time? Paragon or Renegade?

I was goody two shoes in ME1 but there were a lot of points that push you to the brink and you're just like, "You know what? Fuck you."

Very nicely done.

DY_nasty

Meus Renaissance said:
For the love of god people, can you buy weapons? :lol
I already answered didn't I?

No.

Just upgrades, tech/biotic upgrades, and armor/shield/medigel upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom