• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s kale salad has more fat and calories than a double Big Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

It seems to me that if you factor in fries, which people who get a Big Mac are likely to order but those who get salads probably won't, this would make a bit more sense. The Big Mac meal with fries (not to mention ketchup for dipping) would definitely be worse than the salad in that case.

I don't know what ketchup they use at Macdonald's, but if you look at Heinz, ketchup is actually quite OK

76000482.ashx

Shit, you mean eating a salad isn't always healthy? Damn, there goes my diet plans to have a salad with marshmallows topped with chocolate and caramel dressing. I thought I found a loophole!

Sakura

I'm more surprised that a double Big Mac only has 680 calories.
A regular whopper is already 670 calories at BK.

Oersted

Double Big Mac?

First time I've heard of that.

There's a double Big Mac?

There's a DOUBLE big mac!?

EDIT: Beaten.

Yeah this. Didn't know it was a thing.

What about vitamins/minerals? I imagine the salad would have more good stuff in it than the burger at least, right?

Holy crap, this too.

I think the bigger issue is the fact that there's a Double Big Mac. Who knew?

Double Big Mac?

Double...Big Mac?

I think this article was just a ploy to promote McDs double Big Mac, I mean damn I didn't even know that existed.

Double Big Mac some sort of custom item or something?

Next time I'm at McDonald's I'm ordering a Double Big Mac, no joke. Didn't know that there was one.

We need a picture of this double big mac. I need proof this is a thing.

McDonalds exists outside USA and the offerings vary from country to country.

maxcriden

I mean it's not even really a kale salad. It's a Caesar salad with some kale in it. If you're going to eat a good kale salad get the chick fil a one.

giga

I had no idea McDonald's started officially selling the double big mac as on official menu item. Press release and everything too.

jaypah

American McDonald's sold double Big Macs in the 90s, along with double quarter pounders. They stopped putting it on the menu but I've never had them tell me "no" when I order one. Or a triple Quarter Pounder though one time a girl had to call her manager to ring it up and then they both sat there confused as if I had ordered fried rice. Eventually got the sandwich but it was a funny moment.

You can turn any healthy food into a cheat meal, americans are pro's at it.

Milk-Put some cocoa and 150 grams of sugar into a glass of it
Chicken-Deep fry it
Fish-Deep fry it
Fruit-Drink fruit drinks that have hundreds of grams of sugar in them without any of the fiber from the solid part of the fruit
Salad-Drench in ranch, add bacon and fried chicken to it, wash it down with a diet coke

FStop7

Banned
You can turn any healthy food into a cheat meal, americans are pro's at it.

Milk-Put some cocoa and 150 grams of sugar into a glass of it
Chicken-Deep fry it
Fish-Deep fry it
Fruit-Drink fruit drinks that have hundreds of grams of sugar in them without any of the fiber from the solid part of the fruit
Salad-Drench in ranch, add bacon and fried chicken to it, wash it down with a diet coke

this is in canada

Dad

is this article really about slapping all the unhealthiest shit you can on a salad and then being mad that it makes you fat

Nipo

When you get a burger you usually get fries and a coke. Anyone ordering a salad, even one with 700 calories, likely won't get fries or a soda. A 700 calorie meal is fine for most people.

Greddleok

Who the hell gets a salad at McDonald's? who the hell goes to McDonald's and thinks they're getting a nutritious glanced meal? It's fast food for fucks sake.

is this article really about slapping all the unhealthiest shit you can on a salad and then being mad that it makes you fat

This just in, McDonalds is bad for you!

If you're trying to maintain a diet then you really shouldn't eat out much at all.

Article picked the high end of the calorie count for that salad by opting for the breaded, deep-fried protein and the fattiest dressing combo.

This is as low as you can go on that salad

Not great still but significantly less horrifying than what they built with that calculator.

Fast food salads are generally shit and overpriced, so yeah the takeaway here is to either make your own or buy your lunch salads elsewhere while minding the nutritional impact of how the protein is processed and the components/quantity of the dressing.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
2016 and fat continues to be the macronutrient that gets focused on.

The message that fat = makes you fat is just so intuitive to people that they believe it must be true!

"Healthy" fat is like saying "good poison"

ZeroX03

Banned
There's double Big Mac, double Fish, double McChicken and double Quarter Pounder.

And they're all terrible. Hard to eat and obviously unhealthy. If you're that hungry just get two regular burgers.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So weird that this is still focusing on the fat content, when that's hardly the problem here. The total calories, sodium, and carbs are much more of an issue. A salad should be pretty close to carb free, so it's pretty disheartening seeing this salad have more cards than a burger with three buns and secret sauce. I have to assume that a version without fried chicken or croutons starts to look at lot healthier.

No surprise, lots of people will get salads because they're healthy and then drown them in dressings. Lettuce floating in ranch.

The worst thing these restaurants do is trick people into thinking certain items are healthy, so eat as much as you want.

ZeroX03

Banned
Don't you DARE besmirch the good name of the Double Quarter Pounder.

Well if it didn't feel like biting down into a heart attack, I wouldn't. Nothing worth than trying to digest a big amount of greasy beef in one gulp.

2x regular Quarter Pounders all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom