• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have decided that BASE is the most fun mode, with CAPTURE coming in second. A knives only game of SNEAK is great fun as well.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
alba said:
bee_test3.png

bee_test4.png

mmm thicker white little symbol, looks a bit better I guess but still not happy with it :p
sick

dork

Banned
God not having blades 3 makes you worthless. I grabbed a guy and I couldnt throw him for some reason, so i just choked him and i died

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
dork said:
God not having blades 3 makes you worthless. I grabbed a guy and I couldnt throw him for some reason, so i just choked him and i died
i liked my horrible score, was worth it though to get that one throat slash in :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
damn... I joined a server, did like 8 kills headshots and I get kicked right away... :|
Any euro gaffer up for some play?

Nozdeuce

dork said:
I thought i saw you get like 2 :( jerk
Meant the one on you, I know how you've been complaining about CQC :D I did get your teammate up on the roof once too

dork

Banned
Yeah I like the CQC when it works. But it seems like I miss 9 times out of 10. And they seem to reverse everything. I have just been trying to level up blades so I won't have to deal with that.

I haven't been able to login to the MGO community page for like 4 days, anyone else having problems?

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Noz you got a new tag? Grats.
Thanks, pretty sure it's from Wasabi for me making him FrogUnit :lol

dork said:
Yeah I like the CQC when it works. But it seems like I miss 9 times out of 10. And they seem to reverse everything. I have just been trying to level up blades so I won't have to deal with that.

I haven't been able to login to the MGO community page for like 4 days, anyone else having problems?

Are you spamming R1 or even triangle to regrip+choke? Blades3 + CQC1 is okay, but as someone who sucks at both I find it really really painful. You saw my score of that round :(

I'm on the community page right now, just fine

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Thanks, pretty sure it's from Wasabi for me making him FrogUnit :lol

Are you spamming R1 or even triangle to regrip+choke? Blades3 + CQC1 is okay, but as someone who sucks at both I find it really really painful. You saw my score of that round :(

When am I supposed to hit triangle? I thought I was supposed to just hold R1 to choke? Or am I supposed to hold it release hold it release etc?

Ugh what the hell, yeah I can't use the community page anymore :(

Nozdeuce

Y2Kev said:
God, I level so slowly. I'm not really good, but eesh, I haven't leveled at all yet. :(
Do you mean leveling up skills or player level? If the latter you won't be leveling for a while, need a lot more kills/time played.

dork said:
When am I supposed to hit triangle? I thought I was supposed to just hold R1 to choke? Or am I supposed to hold it release hold it release etc?

Pretty much

You using this link?

Teknoman

dork said:

I think you tap R1 to choke them out. Just check out the briefing section on the availible CQC actions in MGS4, that should show you most possible combinations.

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
I think you tap R1 to choke them out. Just check out the briefing section on the availible CQC actions in MGS4, that should show you most possible combinations.

Alright sir, will do later

todahawk

Y2Kev said:
God, I level so slowly. I'm not really good, but eesh, I haven't leveled at all yet. :(
you'll go in spurts. I went from 0 to 2 in one short night. Went from 2-3 last night after a few good rounds of rescue and base (sorry, nozdeuce i think i headshotted you 2x right when you joined MM)

i hate how up and down it can be though. i just about threw my precious dual shock 3 against the way after getting headshot by an AK from across map.

FWIW: the neogaf players are by far the most tactical i've played against. I consistently see use of the whole range of items, weapons and parts of the map. who was using the gas bombs last night? :lol

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
you'll go in spurts. I went from 0 to 2 in one short night. Went from 2-3 last night after a few good rounds of rescue and base (sorry, nozdeuce i think i headshotted you 2x right when you joined MM)

i hate how up and down it can be though. i just about threw my precious dual shock 3 against the way after getting headshot by an AK from across map.

FWIW: the neogaf players are by far the most tactical i've played against. I consistently see use of the whole range of items, weapons and parts of the map. who was using the gas bombs last night? :lol
I think I win the leveling battle, I've gone from level 4 to level 3 :S

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Alright I'm awake! Time to start MGO :D!

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
I think I win the leveling battle, I've gone from level 4 to level 3 :S
ouch, that happened to someone from gaf in teh beta, he went from 9 to 7 and wasn't sure why.

edit: am i the only person working today??? everyone else is playing :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck is going on??????????????????????

I can't start up the disc! Every time I start MGS4, it turns into a black screen I have to turn the power of on my PS3... I tried other discs and they are working great, what the fuck is going on? Seriously, fuck you Konami and your shitty fucking dual layer piece of shit disc.
as
fa
f
asf
asf
sa
f
asf
safaasfasf

Flo_Evans

So does anyone know if you can lvl something from 2-3 when you have it equipped at lvl.1? Does that make sense? I was trying to test it last night with runner but it levels so slow IDK if it was working or not.

dork that was my server, there where people on it this morning so I left it running.

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
ouch, that happened to someone from gaf in teh beta, he went from 9 to 7 and wasn't sure why.

edit: am i the only person working today??? everyone else is playing :(
owned

Seiken said:

I can't start up the disc! Every time I start MGS4, it turns into a black screen I have to turn the power of on my PS3... I tried other discs and they are working great, what the fuck is going on? Seriously, fuck you Konami and your shitty fucking dual layer piece of shit disc.
as
fa
f
asf
asf
sa
f
asf
safaasfasf
double owned :(

Yoshichan

I can return it and get a new one in 10 days but the stores are closed today and tomorrow (mid-summer day, Swedish holiday)... so I'll be returning it 21 June... Sigh... God fucking damnit, and I'm the clan leader...

Nozdeuce

Seiken said:
I can return it and get a new one in 10 days but the stores are closed today and tomorrow (mid-summer day, Swedish holiday)... so I'll be returning it 21 June... Sigh... God fucking damnit, and I'm the clan leader...
Eurowned? :(

Yoshichan

Why is it always me? First Ratchet, then Uncharted and now MGS4.

I fucking hate the PS3 at the moment. God fucking damn it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Seiken said:
Alright I'm awake! Time to start MGO :D!
Seiken said:

as
fa
f
asf
asf
sa
f
asf
safaasfasf

:lol :lol :lol

Yoshichan

HAHAHAHHA! THE DISC, IT WORKS!

You guys thought I would just give up?! A couple of swearing made it work again! I'm back on the road!

Yoshichan

I've accepted everyone now, gotta love the comments guys :)!

Nozdeuce said:
On my way, and on that note, I launch us down a scary path of complaining about not being able to launch MGO from the XMB. Why can't I? It's all tied to my PS3 anyway. Angry robot is not pleased.
dude I bitch about it all day, this was a godsend during beta... and yes I gave you that tag.

I think once frog unit begins to populate, I'd love to get a friendly scrim with the other units.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
dude I bitch about it all day, this was a godsend during beta... and yes I gave you that tag.

I think once frog unit begins to populate, I'd love to get a friendly scrim with the other units.
I really do miss it, especially having beaten MGS and primarily using the disc just for MGO kinda burns. Thanks again for the tag, most awesome :D

Neogaf and FoxUnit kinda had an impromptu scrim last night in the locked room, we noticed we had 6 of each so we scrambled to change teams and did glorious battle. Was really fun Neogaf won both rounds in a super close Base game at MM. Was really really intense, both rounds were really close. Great fun.

traveler

Not Wario
I finally got all the registration stuff taken care of and sent out a clan request to Neogaf Frog or Fox. (forgot which one) My game name is Grayfour- is there anything else you guys would like me to do?

Nozdeuce

xS1TH L0RDx said:
is there any technical way possible that they would be able to patch the game so mgo is accessible through the xmb?
I dunno, but at the least if it really is tied to your console they could send current MGO users a PSN redeem code for a separate DL.

Edit: By the time you play MGO they have like 17 different ways of contacting you, after all :lol

Volcynika

For some reason, I can't find the people I added to my friend's list in the game now that I'm in FoxUnit. Did I just completely forget where the option is?

Nozdeuce

CQC question: when you choke someone your stamina bar turns green and slowly empties, if the person your choking resists by spamming the left stick, your green stamina bar empties faster. Sometimes when I choke someone both our bars are full, but he somehow ends up emptying mine while i choke him and I end up getting knocked out. Anyone know how/why this happens? Could it simply be he outranks my CQC skill?

Top Bottom