• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ilparazzo

I can't play now, but later I'll probably be there.

For those who can't see the clan stats for the bee unit for some reason:
Untitled.jpg

Also, I can brag some more :lol

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
I can't play now, but later I'll probably be there.l

So how many skills do you have maxed now? Im working on SMGs and runner right now. The P90 with single shot is a pretty good weapon although its very annoying to switch to single shot every time you die (and i die alot).

Also increase the M14 price.

I seriously suck at MGO.
Makes me a sad panda, and basically not want to play it, because it makes it not fun.

Also, spawn camping drives me insane with rage.

I'm not coming here to troll, I just can't get into Metal Gear Online. Not sure why. I'm in love with MGS4, I'd put it in my top 5 games of all time, but I can't get into MGO. It just doesn't pull me in. Every time I get shot I get shot in the head. Whether it's by a sniper or up close, or whatever. Just always get shot in the head. And that's not to say I'm bad, I've been in first-place quite a bit, I just...Can't really get into MGO the way I get into other online shooters.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
So how many skills do you have maxed now? Im working on SMGs and runner right now. The P90 with single shot is a pretty good weapon although its very annoying to switch to single shot every time you die (and i die alot).

Also increase the M14 price.

Well, from the weapons skills I'm only missing the shotgun, then I still have to work in almost everything except Runner and monomania I think.

And I agree on the m14 being too cheap, I mean, 750? Even the AK is more than that and it can't even get close...

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
ToyMachine228 said:
I'm not coming here to troll, I just can't get into Metal Gear Online. Not sure why. I'm in love with MGS4, I'd put it in my top 5 games of all time, but I can't get into MGO. It just doesn't pull me in. Every time I get shot I get shot in the head. Whether it's by a sniper or up close, or whatever. Just always get shot in the head. And that's not to say I'm bad, I've been in first-place quite a bit, I just...Can't really get into MGO the way I get into other online shooters.
It's certainly not for everyone, think we've all been bothered by the insane amount of headshots even since the beta. If you can get past it many have survived and grown to get used to it. Again though it's not for everyone

Indeed

ToyMachine228 said:

Bairdbama.jpg

I know what you mean but maybe you play MGO too much like Gears or CoD4. Its meant to be slow paced. Usually most players dont play sneaky and just run blindly around corners or into the enemies gun. If you crouch most of the time and use 3rd person camera to look around corners you should decrease your deathcount significantly. Sadly this doesnt help with insane headshots seemingly everyone is able to do.

WasabiKing said:
so obviously it's going to be a 8 vs 8

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

Leaders pick, although Frog doesn't have that many actives right now. Volunteer ahead...

As for time, what do you think? Saturday? 10AM PST? Yes?

I'm down. fox unit will own all....10AM? people live on the east coast you know. I love mgo, but my lazy ass aint getting up 7AM on a saturday
yes i will :(

todahawk

Indeed said:
Bairdbama.jpg

I know what you mean but maybe you play MGO too much like Gears or CoD4. Its meant to be slow paced. Usually most players dont play sneaky and just run blindly around corners or into the enemies gun. If you crouch most of the time and use 3rd person camera to look around corners you should decrease your deathcount significantly. Sadly this doesnt help with insane headshots seemingly everyone is able to do.

i think you're exactly right. when i have horrible matches it 1 of 2 things, i'm insane headshot magnet man or i'm running and gunning (especiialy bad since i play sniper 90% of the time).

and double yes on 3rd person peeking around corners or over obstacles. great for finding snipers. also play with enemy locator grenades. just make sure to throw them quick and switch back to a weapon.

ChryZ

Indeed said:
nice work greenjerk and ilparazzo!

any eurogaffers up for some matches?
Damn, I must make it a habit to check this thread before heading online. I just finished my session of MGO.

Anyway, my PSN tag is RyoGCH if any of you add me and want to play or anything, let me know. I have literally zero real-life friends with a PS3, so if you see me online definitely send me an invite.

Indeed

ToyMachine228 said:
Anyway, my PSN tag is RyoGCH if any of you add me and want to play or anything, let me know. I have literally zero real-life friends with a PS3, so if you see me online definitely send me an invite.

Euro or US?

1stStrike

Banned
Man, I got my ass handed to me. Finishing a deathmatch with 9 points when the guy right above you has 76 is pretty pathetic =\

If there's extra people on saturday, I'll sit out so I don't bring the team down with my non-existent skills >> I'm no match for the likes of jason, noz, etc.

birdman

WasabiKing said:

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

Leaders pick, although Frog doesn't have that many actives right now. Volunteer ahead...

I'll help represent FrogUnit Sir!

Former FrogUnit member (was a member during the beta) requesting to rejoin the group. :D

PSN: Auron_Kale
GameID: Auron Kale
Region: US - West Coast

Nozdeuce

With the PSN friend's list getting expanded, everyone in NA shoot Nozdeuce an invite. You'll mostly find me in MGO :lol

Indeed

Speaking of strategic meeting.

Cant we get on teamspeak or ventrilo or whatever?

Would be much easier to communicate esp if you dont have a keyboard.

edit: and just got disconnected from your game dun. :S

Yeah, fellow MGO'ers should send me an invite too. I wont be on online regularly for a few days since I have some internet problems I need to take care of, but once this shit gets fixed, I'll be playing non-stop.

PSN: vicious-chan
MGO Region: US/Asia

edit: Jesus Christ, what the hell is the deal with the search times? I'm level 6 and it now takes 8 freakin' minutes to get into a game. Sometimes I can't get into one at all.

Nozdeuce

BlockBastard said:
Yeah, fellow MGO'ers should send me an invite too. I wont be on online regularly for a few days since I have some internet problems I need to take care of, but once this shit gets fixed, I'll be playing non-stop.

PSN: vicious-chan
MGO Region: US/Asia

edit: Jesus Christ, what the hell is the deal with the search times? I'm level 6 and it now takes 8 freakin' minutes to get into a game. Sometimes I can't get into one at all.
Don't automatch, we can't join the game you are in if you do.

Guled

WasabiKing said:

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

I'm down for the main clan, 10 pst is 1 est right, if so that's great.

Bajan32

Ephemeris said:
I just logged into the US one.

Fox's stats

Woot #5 in fox unit.... but i guess its just cuz i play so much. not saying im good. just really love MGO. I remember in beta you couldnt go into a room w/o seeing someone from GAF but times have changed =/

add me to the list

USA:West Coast(PST)
GAF / PSN / Game ID
Bajan32 / Bajan32 / Bajan32

Ilparazzo

I just added the people that posted their game id to the list, if you want your name to be added, we just need your characters name (not that you can't put the rest there, only if you want your PSN hidden for some reason) and your region.

Edit : I'll try to have the a new easier on the eyes list sometime before monday remember, Gaf Name / PSN / Character ID / Region.

Karg

If you can add me to that list as well then:

USA: East Coast(EST)
GAF / PSN / Game ID
Karg / Karrg / kargthepirate

Nozdeuce

Ilparazzo said:
Can someone from the US Gaf clans get me their rosters?
Apply to FrogUnit

Edit: okay I thought you were EuroGaf :lol Hitup Beeunit, Seikan has been having some issues with his MGS4 disc though so it could be a while.

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Apply to FrogUnit

Hes an eurogaffer.

Good games BeeUnit. Was fun and our strategic training was awesome =).

Sorry for dropping out but i had another disconnect and then just watched the football game.

1stStrike

Banned
Ok, everyone that uses the M4 = has no skill. Seriously. You just spray and aim in the upward direction and it's auto-headshot.

There's too many fucktards out there in random games. It sucks that there's hardly ever anyone on from any of the gaf clans. I always get stuck with retards that don't know how to play, idiot hosts and dumb asses that spam chat during the match (I hate having that huge ass text box pop up during the game.)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah that shits annoying. there is already too much on the screen i dont need people talking and taking up more of the screen at the same time

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Ok, everyone that uses the M4 = has no skill. Seriously. You just spray and aim in the upward direction and it's auto-headshot.

There's too many fucktards out there in random games. It sucks that there's hardly ever anyone on from any of the gaf clans. I always get stuck with retards that don't know how to play, idiot hosts and dumb asses that spam chat during the match (I hate having that huge ass text box pop up during the game.)
Take a bit of a breather and chill out.
knee-jerk much?
The reality of the game is headshots are brutally easy to pull off, be it M4 fully auto, P90 on single fire, or the GSR handgun. There are a lot of cheap headshot deaths in MGO, and that can be frustrating (my fave scenario is a firefight between A and B, with C walking around the corner and catching a shot to the head from A missing B). But that doesn't seem to be going away. :(

We can't all be sniping purists like you :lol

1stStrike

Banned
My biggest thing is..the way people play should be like socom. Backing each other up and sticking together. Instead it's - spawn, race for the nearest enemy, die, repeat. I can't stand people that don't work together.

This last game I was in on grozny, I was between rank 2/3 because my team was actually showing a little bit of teamwork, calling out enemies and such and I was backing em up as necessary.

The 3 games before that involved my entire team except for me and maybe 1 other person having 0 points and getting owned because everyone ran around like chickens with their heads cut off (or just all cluster fucked together and got taken out by grenades/random assault rifle spray).

It's crap like that which makes me hate online play sometimes..

Nozdeuce

Yeah, I got about as teamworky as ever this morning during sneaking with Jason against you. I honestly don't try to back people up so much as wander around in their general area. Having played so much I've died way too many times from someone rounding a corner and popping my teammie only to get me with a headshot since he let a few extra rounds fly.

Top Bottom