• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro 2033 |OT| Fear the Future

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Would there be room for a separate thread for these purposes? Stuff like this really creates the wrong impression of PC gamers and PC games when the ratio of technical to game talk starts to become this unbalanced, in my opinion.
I don't think that impression is wrong, though.

vocab

felipepl said:
Be sure to install everything inside the "install" folder in the game folder.
Even DirectX.

I did. All I did was restart steam, and it launched fine.

Anyway, performance with DX11 Very high @ 1080P. I get 10-20fps. I5-750, 4GB of Ram, 5850. High with DX11 only nets me like 7 more frames. DX11 is definitely a beast in this game.

So..... I think everyone gets that its a good looking game. Seriously.

Any chance of some impressions of the actual gameplay, or just how it looks on everyone's rigs with detailed specs of said rigs?

Does anyone know what time this will be playable on steam in the UK, the timers gone, but It still just says "when the game is officially released you'll be able to play it immediately"

careksims

Couldn't play it at max settings or full res without crashing after 30 mins of play. I had to lower it to High and lower the res, but still DX10. Able to play a couple of hours. Now in Chapter 3. I like what I played and there is a lot of story compared to other games! I keep getting a nividia Graphic Drivers not updated every time I play and I read the drivers will be out this week?

Man, when it's on Very High, it's beautiful!

Doesn't anyone else find the key based movement bad? Like really abrupt and floaty.
Starting to believe that maybe 4A put a little too much time into the 360 version ...at least as far as how the game plays...

Liquid Helium said:
Does anyone know what time this will be playable on steam in the UK, the timers gone, but It still just says "when the game is officially released you'll be able to play it immediately"

Disc release is Friday so I'd guess then.

AgentOtaku said:
Holy shit, the FOV in this is making me sick =/

...and I don't get sick!

See my post up the page, there's details of where the two config files are located, should be a FOV value in both of them and you'll want to change that to something like 90.

brain_stew said:
See my post up the page, there's details of where the two config files are located, should be a FOV value in both of them and you'll want to change that to something like 90.

thanks man!

logen9999

Banned
all i'm seeing is tech talk which is great but is this game actually fun?

I'd love some people to write impression/reviews. hows the story and gameplay mechanics?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Already tweaks to this game?

1. how does it look after custom tweaks? how does it perform?

2. what does it change?

chespace said:
Already tweaks to this game?

1. how does it look after custom tweaks? how does it perform?

2. what does it change?

The tweaks are for adding in global illumination ("light bouncing"), not seen anyone post any screenshots with it enabled yet though.

brain_stew said:

now I got silly arms =(

logen9999 said:
all i'm seeing is tech talk which is great but is this game actually fun?

I'd love some people to write impression/reviews. hows the story and gameplay mechanics?

fuck I'd love to man, but the PC version is shite right now as far as I'm concerned

kamspy

Benchmarks sites are bullshit confirmed.

There's a German site that says this game will average 40 fps with the 5850 in DX11, Very High detail, 1920x1080. What are you guys doing wrong? hehe

brain_stew said:
I've been away from pc gaming for a while (before widescreen monitors became the norm anyway). is 90 normal fov for widescreen now, or a kind of personal preference?

Really looking forward to firing this up tonight.

Tek

Gamefly has finally let me down. I had this on the top of my queue without any other available games and they never shipped it. The status just went to Low. Now I have to wait for someone to send this in and them to send it to me.

2 years and that has never happened...

carry on with the thread, I shall return to my BOO HOOING

:(

kamspy

Newegg canceled my preorder ( I'm guessing because they didn't want to honor the price ) and I somehow managed to work the livechat person hard enough to overnight ship the game to me and give me a full refund (of the old order and new). :p

vocab

kamspy said:
Newegg canceled my preorder ( I'm guessing because they didn't want to honor the price ) and I somehow managed to work the livechat person hard enough to overnight ship the game to me and give me a full refund (of the old order and new). :p

No, they honored the price for me and a few other people. I think they ran out, or something else happen because they no longer carry the PC version. I just got it in the mail today.

Ricker

So far,after about an hour,the game looks and runs great on the 360,and it`s pretty fun...I don`t see any problems with the shooting yet,I find it just fine.

Oh and I had a funny moment,i`ll spoiler this just in case,minor early sidething :lol

I just had to follow Nikki,thank god you can reload a save,which I did,no way I was losing that much so early on hehe

kamspy

vocab said:
No, they honored the price for me and a few other people. I think they ran out, or something else happen because they no longer carry the PC version. I just got it in the mail today.

I was like the first dude to preorder! Check the metro 2033 hype thread. I shared the pricing info with GAF. Either way, I'll be waiting for it til tomorrow. At least I ended up getting the game for free.

Volcynika

vocab said:

Yeah, mine's already arrived with that low price too. :D

Bi50N

AgentOtaku said:
exactly ...looks absurd!

Hope Bi50n is reading this =/

I am. Sadly, I have no idea what you mean as I have not mucked around with the config myself, nor will I be able to for the foreseeable...

Ricker said:
So far,after about an hour,the game looks and runs great on the 360,and it`s pretty fun...

Good to hear that. Tweaking configuration files and trying to find the sweet spot is not something I want to be doing before playing the game.

MiniDitka

Ricker said:
So far,after about an hour,the game looks and runs great on the 360,and it`s pretty fun...I don`t see any problems with the shooting yet,I find it just fine.
I'm playing the 360 version as well and while I don't really have a problem with the shooting the player movement seems too fast and a bit jerky. Great looking game though and seems pretty cool from what I've played so far.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
MiniDitka said:
I'm playing the 360 version as well and while I don't really have a problem with the shooting the player movement seems too fast and a bit jerky. Great looking game though and seems pretty cool from what I've played so far.

Yes, I don't like how for such an atmospheric game, there's no option to "walk" or "stalk" except to crouch/duckwalk.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
chespace said:
Yes, I don't like how for such an atmospheric game, there's no option to "walk" or "stalk" except to crouch/duckwalk.

"Sprint" is more of a jog. We were pointing out that it was at least a realistic "sprint" for men of our girth and vintage.

Pumpkins

W-what!?

Dude I ordered Metro 2033 with 2 Day Shipping (Prime) and it got here today!!! HAHAH!! :lol :lol :lol It said the estimated delivery was Friday... ! So awesome! :D

I LOVE YOU AMAZON!!

23rjn0p.jpg

Vitruviux

Banned
fbba5a8e93d97febb8a7bea92313c45f.jpg

I like the position and the angle of the gun on the screen, the proportions and the way the character holds it, it looks very "snug" rather than just placing the gun almost in the centre of the screen, like many games do.

Veritas_

AgentOtaku said:
How do you enable Russian VA?
Didn't see the option in the Sound Menu

I want to second this. The game looks pretty good, but the English voice actors make me rage every time I hear them.

Top Bottom