• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Artifact help! Phendrana Drifts..

aerofx

Since it's release I haven't finished playing Prime; stopped at about 45% or so and now with Prime 2 coming out I need to finish this up before I sell it. Anyway, I can't seem to get the Artifact of Elder. It's suppose to be in one of the Control Towers in Phendrana Drifts. Some help please.

BuddyC

I can't help you like a FAQ would, but I'll give you a great hint. In the clue you scanned, there's a colored word. That word is part of the room's name that the Artifact resides in. Look at your map and try to match them up, then go and play around. I remember something to do with a heat beam, but there may be more than one Artifact in that region.

aerofx

Says somewhere in this faq that you have to melt some ice in one of the towers... then go outside and blow up some boxes to tip the tower over. I've tried that but the boxes aren't even close enough to the towers to blow it up.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Hmm, been a while but, isnt that the outdoor area with flying pirates between two towers? If so, there's a huge tower with a propeller that you see beyond reach, go above one or the other door, shoot the crates, look out the window and shoot a plasma beam or a concussion missile ( i dont remember which) one some tanks at the base of the tower. You'll see the rest :)

Buggy Loop said:
Hmm, been a while but, isnt that the outdoor area with flying pirates between two towers? If so, there's a huge tower with a propeller that you see beyond reach, go above one or the other door, shoot the crates, look out the window and shoot a plasma beam or a concussion missile ( i dont remember which) one some tanks at the base of the tower. You'll see the rest :)

Bingo!

aerofx

Shit I did try blowing up those gas containers with every charged weapon but I never tried the Super Missiles; forgot that I even had those. sheeit, Thanks.

Oh one more question.. I'm about 50% complete with the game and it keeps bugging me to go back to the artifact temple. I went there before but it didn't do anything so I assume that I need all 12 artifacts before going back right?

Seriously though, if I didn't try using a faq for these stupid artifacts, I probably wouldn't even want to finish playing this game.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
% completion has nothing to do with how far you are in the game, its the % of items you have, you can finish metroid prime with a low %, though thats not recommended.

I never had a problem with artifact hunting, i probably got a good half of them while on my normal path and for the searching part, well they made it easy with the names of each rooms as the artifact hint.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
The percentage has no reflection on how far into th game you are. It tells you how many items you have collected.

If you've beaten the Omega Pirate, the hint system will keep telling you to go to the temple. You can just turn it off for he rest of the game.

The tells you where each artifact is located. It even names the room each of them re in. It's not that hard.

aerofx

Shoot anyway, I'm down to my last artifact and it's in the Sunchamber. I can't get in there.. at one end there are some vines that I can't even burn. The other end of it has this spider ball trail but is blocked by a big plate with four symbols. I've seen some of those symbols in the area with the big tree, is there a way to activate them or something?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
aerofx said:
Shoot anyway, I'm down to my last artifact and it's in the Sunchamber. I can't get in there.. at one end there are some vines that I can't even burn. The other end of it has this spider ball trail but is blocked by a big plate with four symbols. I've seen some of those symbols in the area with the big tree, is there a way to activate them or something?

In the room that has the big plate blocking the ball trail with four symbols, find these four symbols in the same room and scan them.

aerofx said:
It's been a while, but I think scanning activates them, doesn't it?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
trippingmartian said:
Artifact hunting was my only major gripe with MP.

It was probably the worst thing about MP, but it wasn't as tedious as something like Windwaker's treasure hunting. By the time I got to the "artfifact quest," I actually already had like 3/4 of the artifacts completed just from exploring around. Plus they pretty much tell you where the artficats are by telling you the room name, so it wasn't really all that bad

aerofx

Buggy Loop said:
In the room that has the big plate blocking the ball trail with four symbols, find these four symbols in the same room and scan them.

There are no other symbols besides the one on the plate.. there are Cracked Cordite thingies on the left and right side of the room though. There are also some Wasps nests. Do you mean go to the Tree area that has the white symbols and scan those?

And searching for these stupid artifacts are a pain in the ass.. it's like you gotta travel to the end of this to the other end for each one.. fuck.

toohectic

Two of the symbols are behind the cracked cordite things, so shoot them with your super missles and scan the symbols. The other two symbols are at the top of two of the pillars. Look on the backside of the pillar at the very top. IIRC, while facing the plate, it's the far pillar on the left and the close pillar on the right. Scan them and you are good to go.

A majority of the impasses you come to in Metroid Prime are easily solved by looking around the problem rooms with the different visors.

Also, going to the Artifact Temple and placing whatever artifacts you already have gets you more hints, doesn't it? I seem to vaguely remember that.

aerofx

Kobun Heat said:
Also, going to the Artifact Temple and placing whatever artifacts you already have gets you more hints, doesn't it? I seem to vaguely remember that.

I don't even remember, been a few months since I played it. The temple is a bit far from all the artifacts I had to collect so I didn't want to go back and forth just for a few of them, I wanted to get all of them before returning there.

So how far into the game am I? After I get all the artifacts I mean. Thanks you all for the tips.

aerofx said:
So how far into the game am I? After I get all the artifacts I mean. Thanks you all for the tips.
Oh, you're really close to being done by that point. Get ready for the PAIN, though.

shibbs

Yeh youre close to the end. But if youre only at 45% you might want to get some energy tanks and missile expansion. Because you are gonna need them :)

aerofx

Well I beat the game. Disappointing ending, nothing happens. I died on Meta Ridley because I didn't know I had the lockon+dodge maneuver; very annoying boss, did he really have to fly so damn far all the time? Sheesh. Metroid Prime was interesting, big boss, I like that. 2nd form was interesting.. used same tactics as the super mutated pirate. Easier than the 1st form though. Overall, game was enjoyable until I had to start backtracking like 3-4 times to the same places to look for shit. To Ebay we go and next up, Metroid Prime Echoes. yay

Top Bottom