• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

harSon

Banned
21931.jpg

aFIGurANT

Reading this thread without a working knowledge of the day's scores you'd think everyone was losing except the tribe. Which might be true...lol Texas but moreso the Rays if they cough it all up this late.

Branduil

Al Leiter is completely shredding Ron Washington on MLB Network for lifting Darvish

He deserves it. Stupidest manager in the league and it isn't even close. Multiple retard bunts today, pulling his ace after 85 pitches in the 6th inning. No non-player costs their team more wins than Ron Washington.

Branduil

Season on the line and Washington wants Cotts pitching instead of Darvish.

Ron Washington boners today:

1) Leonys bunting into a double play

2) Elvis leadoff bunt out

3) TAKING OUT YOUR STARTING PITCHER IN THE 6TH AT 84 PITCHES

Man I wish AJP wasn't such a slow ass.

Thank you, Terry Francona! He's gotta be AL Manager of the year. from 68 wins to 92.

10 wins in a row to end the season! and they needed every single W!

Hey hey hey hey. That's it for 2013, and while it would've been nice to sneak into the playoffs, we can't complain too much.

The Royals finished ten over .500, best bullpen ERA in the AL since 1990, Holland set a new franchise record with 47 saves, Hosmer and Moose turned their offense around in the latter half and the Royals won 43 after the ASB, the most in MLB. AND we didn't get eliminated until the final week! If that disastrous month of May had just been a touch less so, we'd easily have made it.

So, even though this is it, it's tough not to see 2013 as a big success, and when the Royals return in the spring, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Playoffs or bust!!

Now, who to root for in the playoffs? I suppose the Tribe is probably our next of kin, but I sure have a soft spot for the Pirates, too. I'd say those are my preference on each side.

newjeruse

Ranking the series based on which games will get prime time billing/network interest:

1. Dodgers/ Braves
2. AL Wild Card/ Red Sox
3. NL Wild Card/ Cardinals
4. Tigers/ Oakland

Hey hey hey hey. That's it for 2013, and while it would've been nice to sneak into the playoffs, we can't complain too much.

The Royals finished ten over .500, best bullpen ERA in the AL since 1990, Holland set a new franchise record with 47 saves, Hosmer and Moose turned their offense around in the latter half and the Royals won 43 after the ASB, the most in MLB. AND we didn't get eliminated until the final week! If that disastrous month of May had just been a touch less so, we'd easily have made it.

So, even though this is it, it's tough not to see 2013 as a big success, and when the Royals return in the spring, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Playoffs or bust!!

Now, who to root for in the playoffs? I suppose the Tribe is probably our next of kin, but I sure have a soft spot for the Pirates, too.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh World Series. #Believe
land

Also congrats on your first winning season in a long time. Would have loved if the AL Central could have had another WC team. You guys are dangerous, the division is going to be hell next year!

JDHarbs

Now, who to root for in the playoffs? I suppose the Tribe is probably our next of kin, but I sure have a soft spot for the Pirates, too. I'd say those are my preference on each side.
This was the most exciting year of baseball I've witnessed in this city. Can't wait until next year. We just have to play it smart in the off-season, and we'll be looking at our first post-season since '85.

Top Bottom