• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

1nIVTQe.jpg

My Internet just went out, so I was reminded of what it was like without Internet. Have this, MLB Gaf.

Code:
MLB Standings going into play for September 11, 2013

AL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       88   58   ---   --
Rays          78   65   8.5   10
Orioles       77   67   10.0  8
Yankees       77   68   10.5  7

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        83   62   ---   --
Indians       77   67   5.5   13
Royals        76   69   7.0   11

AL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Athletics     83   61   ---   --
Rangers       81   63   2.0   17

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rangers       81   63  +2.5   --
Rays          78   65   ---   --
Indians       77   67   1.5   18
Orioles       77   67   1.5   18
Yankees       77   68   2.0   17
Royals        76   69   3.0   16

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       88   58   ---   --
Tigers        83   62   4.5   13   
Athletics     83   61   5.0   14

NL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        87   57   ---   --
Nationals     75   69   12.0  7

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     84   60   ---   --
Pirates       83   61   1.0   18
Reds          82   64   3.0   15

NL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Dodgers       85   59   ---   --
Diamondbacks  72   72   13.0  6

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Pirates       83   61  +2.0   --
Reds          82   64   ---   --
Nationals     75   69   6.0   12
Diamondbacks  72   72   9.0   9

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        87   57   ---   --
Dodgers       85   59   2.0   17
Cardinals     84   60   3.0   15

jakncoke

Banned
Dbacks playing there way out of contention for 2nd wc and Nats playing it in. Also lol at us turning down that Howard trade because of Brad Eldred. Currently has 276 ab in the majors at a .203 average. 4200 ab in the minors .266 career average, did have some nice power seasons.. but its the fucking minors.

This NL Central race is making me panic too much. I don't know if I ever recall a race this close between 3 teams in the NL Central in the past 10 years, or hell, even longer.

Late, but yeah Royals! Still surviving, one more day. 16 games away from Wildcard elimination... 18 games left to play. Last time we could say that was 1988.

Day game today in a little over an hour.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Nationals

@ Mets
vs Phillies
vs Braves
vs Marlins
@ Cardinals
@ Dbacks

Reds

vs Cubs
@ Brewers
@ Astros
@ Pirates
vs Mets
vs Pirates

yeahhhh I'm thinking the Reds will hold on.

Damn, this game is off to a good start!

EDIT: Wow. Alex Gordon hits a solo shot on the first pitch of the game, and the Royals go on to score two more. Kazmir throws like 30 pitches and faces 8 batters. That's just the top of the first.

EDIT: Damn it, Shields.

EDIT: Bottom of the 2nd, still 3-2. Time to wake the fuck up, "Big Game James".

Meier

I had no clue that Uribe was only 34.. I really thought he was 38-39. I get sad every time I see the RBI numbers for the guys on our team. :lol

ToxicAdam

KC is just a bad matchup for the Indians this year. Our trick is to wear out your starter and get into the bullpen, but their bullpen is lights out this year.

So, if they score more than 3 or 4 runs, it's game over.

Yeah, when it's Shields especially, the best bet is to put some runs up in the first. He's always weak in the first inning. I think he's like 7.50 or something in the first. then he settles in and the longer he pitches the better he is. Then eventually the bp takes over and yeah.

The Royals pen does have a weak link or two. One of them isn't Holland, though, he's turned into just as good a closer as Soria ever was. And here he comes now.

EDIT: Correction, guess we tried to give Shields the CG. Bad idea! NOW here's Holly.

jakncoke

Banned
Uh, what? Neither team is getting a wild card spot.

Before Pirates met you people we were sucking and now Reds are. dbacks and nats were gaining some ground to make it interesting. Now nats still doing it and dbacks pretty much dead

Edit; damn im bad luck. get home from work, turn on game, aj gives up the 1st hit

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
No hitter gone
Before Pirates met you people we were sucking and now Reds are. dbacks and nats were gaining some ground to make it interesting. Now nats still doing it and dbacks pretty much dead
I can see the nats maybe getting within a few games back, but they are not going to catch either team.

jakncoke

Banned
No hitter gone

I can see the nats maybe getting within a few games back, but they are not going to catch either team.

Im just saying they are playing there way into the window so that if something does happen they could do something with it.

Branduil

Edit; damn im bad luck. get home from work, turn on game, aj gives up the 1st hit

The Nats are 6 games back. The only way they could catch up is if they were in the AL.

The Nats are sort of like a longshot version of the Phillies and Brewers last year. The Phillies and Brewers came out of nowhere to get REALLY close to Wild Card #2. I think they were both 2.0 back of WC#2 with a week and a half left. I don't think the Nats will get that close because the Reds and Pirates aren't showing any vulnerable signs of going on a long losing streak.

Top Bottom