• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 18, 2013

AL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       92   61   ---   --
Rays          83   68   8.0   3
Orioles       81   70   10.0  1

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        88   64   ---   --
Indians       82   70   6.0   5
Royals        80   72   8.0   3

AL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Athletics     89   63   ---   --
Rangers       82   69   6.5   5

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rays          83   68  +1.0   --
Rangers       82   69   ---   --
Indians       82   70   0.5   11
Orioles       81   70   1.0   11
Royals        80   72   2.5   9
Yankees       80   72   2.5   9

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       92   61   ---   --
Athletics     89   63   2.5   8
Tigers        88   64   3.5   7   

NL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        90   62   ---   --
Nationals     81   71   9.0   2

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     89   63   ---   --
Pirates       87   65   2.0   9
Reds          87   66   2.5   8

NL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Dodgers       87   65   ---   --
Diamondbacks  77   74   9.5   2

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#			  
Pirates       87   65  +0.5   --
Reds          87   66   ---   --
Nationals     81   71   5.5   5
Diamondbacks  77   74   9.0   2

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        90   62   ---   --
Cardinals     89   63   1.0   9
Dodgers       87   65   3.0   7

Etheus

Neo Member
Will Yamauchi's death (rip) mean anything for the Mariners going forward? I know he sold his shares a while back, but I thought he still was active in their (mis)management to a degree.

Talon

ibnuZ2PCbuzVXr.gif
WTF

Reds play the Pirates 6 more times, with only 9 or 10 games left in the season each. I hope they split the 6 games and then have a to-the-death game 7 in the wild card 1-game series.

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck thinking bout the Reds and playoffs for a second. Can we please pretty fucking please not get 4 game swept by the lose Padres?

Askani

I couldn't believe it. The first time I saw it I thought the Ump had to have made a bad call because there's no way he could have avoided that tag and the second attempt at his foot, but damn if he didn't. Catcher didn't even try to argue.

Good stuff.

Blearth

Banned
Yo Mets fans! What's up with your stadium being surrounded by parking lots on all sides?

Ain't shit to eat out here. I'm gonna have to eat overpriced stadium food now. :(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
first I have heard of this NPB scandal:
Earlier this season a scandal erupted in Japanese baseball when NPB commissioner Ryozo Kato admitted that the league had doctored the baseballs in order to generate more offense. Back in June, when the scandal was revealed, players in the league demanded that Kato step down. He declined to. Now he has:
Japanese baseball commissioner Ryozo Kato has announced his resignation at an owners’ meeting … ”I caused a lot of problems over the ball, and that was a huge reason for my decision,” Kyodo news agency quoted Kato as saying.
This comes days after Wladimir Balentien broke the single-season home run record of 55 (he currently has 58). Kato, however, says that Balentien’s feat was not aided by the doctored balls.
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...zo-kato-resigns-over-juiced-ball-controversy/

Sanjuro

I'm not surprised. I've only been here an hour and I've already noticed a whole bunch of things that are done very poorly.

I can only hope Yankee stadium isn't as bad.

Never been to the new one, but at least at the old park, there was a nice strip of food, bowling, bars...you know, things to actually do.

Blearth

Banned
sounds like Turner Field.
I can understand it being like that in Atlanta, or any other auto-centric city. But this is New York City for fucks sake.

One thing I do like is the giant Amway ad next to the scoreboard. It's like they're reminding everyone that they love to get involved in pyramid schemes.

harSon

Banned
Cole is starting to look like the #1 pick that he is. Dudes been lights out the month of Sept, and his SO's are up big time.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
two new numbers to look at on fangraphs. Off and Def

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/introducing-fangraphs-stats-offense-and-defense/
http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...am=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=19,d
On the dashboard and in the value section, you will find two columns simply labeled Off and Def, which stand for Offense and Defense. These numbers are the total runs above or below average based on offensive contributions (both batting and baserunning) or defensive contributions (fielding and position). While both numbers are simply the addition of two metrics previously available, this gives everyone the ability to now simply quote, in runs, how far a player was from the league average in either creating or saving runs.

Wait, MLB.TV's free game of the day is also restricted by blackouts? You know, I think we've all said it a million times already, but fuck MLB.TV's black out restrictions.

So, Pirates Gaf...who pitches the Wild Card game if they don't win the division?
Francisco Liriano is expected to start the first game of the postseason for the Pirates.
Whether that's in the NLDS or the National League Wild Card Game. Liriano has registered a superb 2.92 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 148/59 K/BB ratio in 148 innings this year for the Bucs. He's the sensible pick for what would be Pittsburgh's first postseason game since 1992.
Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Sep 19 - 12:38 PM
Liriano owns us completely and I'd imagine having a LH starter for Choo/Votto/Bruce makes a lot of sense as well.

RGVNOE

Says I'm in a home territory of one of the teams (I'm in Central Illinois). Listening to the game instead. Shrug.

do you get FSNMW?

Lets see if Cards can come back, giving Oswalt outs when he's having trouble hitting the strike zone isn't helping though

Top Bottom