• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

The joke is the Indians tonight. Can't believe how awful they're playing tonight. I can't imagine Houston's trying THAT hard to win with the draft pick on the line. Meanwhile the Indians need this game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
bzNI14Y.gif

Askani

Oh c'mon Astros, Jesus.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Cleveland is going to be a WC team...but Houston could at least act like a Major League Team just once this season and leave it in question.

At least the Yankees, Baltimore and Tampa are losing or have lost. Still at good day for the Royals.

Stay salty Dbacks!!!!

Mitch Williams being a class act? wtf? lol Stop lying man you would jump the fence too and jump in the pool

E: Mr E, i'm looking forward to the updated standings. Throw that x in front of our team...

Yes!!!
Yes!!!
Yes!!!

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 19, 2013

AL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       93   61   ---   --
Rays          83   69   9.0   1

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        89   64   ---   --
Indians       83   70   6.0   4
Royals        80   72   8.5   2

AL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Athletics     90   63   ---   --
Rangers       83   69   6.5   4

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rangers       83   69   ---   --
Rays          83   69   ---   --
Indians       83   70   0.5   10
Orioles       81   71   2.0   9
Royals        80   72   3.0   8
Yankees       80   73   3.5   7

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       93   61   ---   --
Athletics     90   63   2.5   7
Tigers        89   64   3.5   6   

NL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        90   62   ---   --
Nationals     82   71   8.5   2

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     89   64   ---   --
Pirates       88   65   1.0   9
Reds          87   66   2.0   8

2013 NL WEST CHAMPIONS: Dodgers

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#			  
Pirates       88   65  +1.0   --
Reds          87   66   ---   --
Nationals     82   71   5.0   5
Diamondbacks  77   75   9.5   1

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        90   62   ---   --
Cardinals     89   64   1.5   8
Dodgers       88   65   2.5   7

Remaining schedules. The best is the Reds and Pirates play 6 of their final 9 games against each other. Gonna be good. Teams at .500 or over in bold.

BOS: 3 vs TOR, OFF, 2 @ COL, OFF, 3 @ BAL
OAK: 3 vs MIN, 3 @ LAA, OFF, 3 @ SEA
DET: 3 vs CWS, 3 @ MIN, OFF, 3 @ MIA
TEX: 3 @ KC, 3 vs HOU, 4 vs LAA
TB: 4 vs BAL, 3 @ NYY, 3 @ TOR
CLE: 3 vs HOU, OFF, 2 vs CWS, 4 @ MIN
BAL: 4 @ TB, 3 vs TOR, 3 vs BOS
KC: 3 vs TEX, 3 @ SEA, 4 @ CWS
NYY: 3 vs SF, OFF, 3 vs TB, 3 @ HOU

ATL: 3 @ CHC, 3 vs MIL, 4 vs PHI
STL: 3 @ MIL, 3 vs WAS, OFF, 3 vs CHC
LAD: 3 @ SD, OFF, 3 @ SF, 3 vs COL
PIT: 3 vs CIN, 3 @ CHC, OFF, 3 @ CIN
CIN: 3 @ PIT, 3 vs NYM, OFF, 3 vs PIT
WAS: 3 vs MIA, 3 @ STL, OFF, 3 @ ARI
ARI: 3 @ COL, 4 @ SD, 3 vs WAS

RBH

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks were upset after roughly half of the players on the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated clinching the NL West title on Thursday by jumping into the pool at Chase Field.

Diamondbacks president and CEO Derrick Hall said in a statement to the Arizona Republic, "I could call it disrespectful and classless, but they don't have a beautiful pool at their old park and must have really wanted to see what one was like."

The Diamondbacks had asked the Dodgers to keep their players from returning to the field once the division-clinching celebration began. After the Dodgers' 7-6 win, the team high-fived and gathered briefly at second base before it filed into the clubhouse, where champagne and beer flew.

A few minutes later, players began running toward the pool beyond the right-center field wall and scaling it.

The Dodgers misunderstood the intent of the Diamondbacks' request, according to team president Stan Kasten. He thought they were asking Dodgers players not to celebrate raucously in front of Diamondbacks fans. By the time the players took the plunge, the stadium was largely empty.

"I've never been around a celebration like this that didn't get excited and a little bit boisterous," Kasten said.

Diamondbacks infielder Willie Bloomquist was the most vocal critic of the Dodgers' actions.

"I think it's tired and disrespectful," Bloomquist said. "It's surprising, because they have a lot of veteran guys on that team that I thought were classier than that."

Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy hopes it's his team doing the partying in the pool next year.

Celebrating is fun. I don't care how and where you do it. Only thing to care about is what we need to do to celebrate in our pool next year.

— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) September 19, 2013

Nick Punto was the first to cannon-ball into the pool. Yasiel Puig later took a belly-flop, arms outspread.
http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=9695662

Welp.

Time for a new avatar. Yankeehater, don me, sir.

Hey man I am at work and cant resize this, I am not sure if it will work as is or not, if not I can resize it when I get home. I didnt want to do anything to crazy since it wound up being much closer then I thought it would be.

hater.jpg

GRRR YOU CELEBRATED IN OUR POOL WE GONNA HIT YOU IN THE HEAD WITH A FASTBALL

1) It's a public pool in the ballpark, and they made sure to jump in when the park was cleared out. NOt only that, they were polite enough to ask beforehand.
2) You want to stop it? Win the game. No one wants to celebrate on the road, when the Mets clinched in 2006 they got swept in Pittsburgh in mid-September. Many of the players said after the season ended once they got behind in all 3 games they really didn't try that hard to win.

ToxicAdam

Since the All-star break, Ubaldo Jimenez is the best pitcher in the American League. 1.77 ERA and 2.40 FIP. With a strikeout percentage only second to Darvish.

Seemed impossible to imagine back in May/June.

Indians win another trade.
Alex White
Drew Pomeranz

eznark

Banned
If there is a worst organization than the Diamondbacks in all of sports I can't think of it. What a bunch of whiny little cunt douchebags.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So if history repeats, either:

A) Giants win the World Series next season to continue the Win/Suck/Win pattern
B) the Dodgers will reach the NCLS and lose this season and do it again next season before the Giants win the World Series in 2015

Malo

Banned
Hey man I am at work and cant resize this, I am not sure if it will work as is or not, if not I can resize it when I get home. I didnt want to do anything to crazy since it wound up being much closer then I thought it would be.

hater.jpg
That's more tame than I expected but I'll wear it with pride.

I'm glad they finally got away from the idea Heyward was supposed to be an RBI machine. Anyone that approaches a .400 OBP every year like he does needs to be at the top. Period.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm glad they finally got away from the idea Heyward was supposed to be an RBI machine. Anyone that approaches a .400 OBP every year like he does needs to be at the top. Period.
yep. I love the Heyward, Upton, Freeman, McCann/Gattis lineup.

Top Bottom