• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K7 Season 2.5 (FantaSmitch) Discussion

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
"Waste of time" has been thrown around a lot lately. Chill out, people... It's weird, though...fifty was ahead when he quit...

He paused the game. Sat there for a bit and then quit. It offered me the choice to have it not count as a win but I was trying to send me a message on Live and my time ran out to say no. Oh well.

I honestly don't think it's too hard to quickly type a message through xbox live though. Unless his internet crapped out or something.

I think it's 2k still. I was just playing Jobber and it just logged me outta xbox live. And then when i was trying to send me a message with the game still running it logged me out again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He would have posted by now unless his internet went out or he had some sorta emergency come up....

I would think.

Fifty

A friend phoned me with a personal emergency, and he was outisde my place. I had to go and help him right away. I really wanted to finish the game. I was doing well and it was a fun exciting game. I suppose I could have sent an XBL message but without a keyboard it's REALLY slow and articulating the situation would have been hard to do. I didn't want to leave you waiting, so I forfeit the game. Shit happens, I'm sorry.

Matrix, Jobber, or True, let me know if you guys want to play tonight. I'll be able to play in about an hour if anyone wants to go.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can play at like 12:30

Matrix

Matrix

GG Chris.

That lag was shitty.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
A friend phoned me with a personal emergency, and he was outisde my place. I had to go and help him right away. I really wanted to finish the game. I was doing well and it was a fun exciting game. I suppose I could have sent an XBL message but without a keyboard it's REALLY slow and articulating the situation would have been hard to do. I didn't want to leave you waiting, so I forfeit the game. Shit happens, I'm sorry.

Totally understandable. I figured that something had popped up. I just couldn't message fast enough before it credited me with the game.
You can reset it and we can play again if you want.

Fifty

If it dies, it dies

Ivan%20Drago.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lets keep this shit in motion

Who wants to play right now?

Edit: That hasnt played me already. So:

Bobcats
Rockets
Mavs
Magic
Knicks
Sonics
Lakers

DCX

DCX
ColdBlooded33 said:

Bobcats
Rockets
Mavs
Magic
Knicks
Sonics
Lakers
I would play you. I have to play Malley in Season 2, but he doesn't seem to be around right now.

DCX

Matrix

I dont want to play anymore!

DMczaf

Matrix quitting every league in existence today. You'll probably bump some Madden 2006 and NFL 2K5 threads next!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Matrix quitting every league in existence today. You'll probably bump some Madden 2006 and NFL 2K5 threads next!

:lol @ coming from "Pull the Plug Dmczaf" :p

I only quit leagues when we have played the game to death or everyone else quits.

This game has been played to death.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My wife is going outta town next week and all I ever do when she is gone is play games. I'll likely be able to have all my games completed by the end of next week.

Truelize said:
My wife is going outta town next week and all I ever do when she is gone is play games. I'll likely be able to have all my games completed by the end of next week.

[borat voice]Whaaat?[/borat voice]

That's when you gotta have wild and crazy drug fueled hooker parties :lol

Seriously though, let's get our game in before Friday, I'll be gone next week.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
[borat voice]Whaaat?[/borat voice]

That's when you gotta have wild and crazy drug fueled hooker parties :lol

Seriously though, let's get our game in before Friday, I'll be gone next week.

Tonight??

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
Yeah that'll work. Probably not until 11 EST, if that's OK with you.

Maybe even later. Message me when you are available. My wife is out tonight so I'm not available until the kids are both asleep.

CB3

ColdBlooded33 said:

Bobcats
Rockets
Mavs
Magic
Knicks
Sonics
Lakers

Same goes for today. One of those teams hit me up

CB3

Finished my series with Rors last night. He didnt seem very focused, but i digress.

Bobcats
Rockets
Mavs
Magic
Knicks
Sonics

Lets DO DIS

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Finished my series with Rors last night. He didnt seem very focused, but i digress.
Did you not feel that lag? Not that I cared, but playing in those conditions is even more of a chore than normal. Just wanted that game OVER.

DMczaf

Since Matrix quit, I gave him losses for the rest of his schedule.

Now everyone only has about 5-6 games left to play. Lets get them done!

DCX

DCX
I have games against the Raptors ( twice ), Celtics and Sonics. guys let me know so i can be done with my season.

DCX

DCX

DCX
What a cluster**** of a game last night Fifty, now i have played against the best players in the leagues, and they all have the same trait in common. I'm glad this is kinda a throw away league because it was killing me!! I suppose there is no way around the shit that happens, centers and power forwards are used to steal passes to prevent fast breaks and offensive manual rebound in full effect. Of course you will argue " you had more off rebounds " Yeah due to my players skill and me putting the team to crash the boards that's the reason, and most of them was them grabbing the rebound, not shooting and switching over and tipping the shit in all the time. I digress, once i called him out the game was better and i lost on a shady jumper by normal joe johnson with hands in his face...whatever...4 more games laddies, lets get this done!!

DCX

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Uh so yeah...If I'm suppose to play you, make sure you find me in the next 3 days.

Fifty

DCX said:
What a cluster**** of a game last night Fifty, now i have played against the best players in the leagues, and they all have the same trait in common. I'm glad this is kinda a throw away league because it was killing me!! I suppose there is no way around the shit that happens, centers and power forwards are used to steal passes to prevent fast breaks and offensive manual rebound in full effect. Of course you will argue " you had more off rebounds " Yeah due to my players skill and me putting the team to crash the boards that's the reason, and most of them was them grabbing the rebound, not shooting and switching over and tipping the shit in all the time. I digress, once i called him out the game was better and i lost on a shady jumper by normal joe johnson with hands in his face...whatever...4 more games laddies, lets get this done!!

DCX

I didn't want to address this post but it's been bothering me so whatever, I will.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sick of all the drama so it's a shame you thought the game wasn't 100% legit. I NEVER switched to a center and tipped the ball manually (like AKA does, not calling you out AKA) I went for plenty of steals with AI, because he's AI! I swat a lot on the ground when I'm frustrated and I did so last night. I have Gerald Wallace, AI and Ben Wallace all on the floor with great defensive steal awareness so naturally I'll get plenty, both manually and automatically

I'll address the steals and the tip ins.

Big Ben got a couple steals that I can recall, one was one of those frustrating ones but I swear it wasn't me controlling him, and the other was just a lucky swipe by me.

I only went for offensive tip ins manually a few times all game. The one that frustrated you was questionable in its realism, but after not playing the game for ages I was really giving that game my all, so naturally I'll do what I can to win. Going for the ball a couple times manually when I'm out numbered, instead of letting the dumbshit AI go for it is not something I should have to apologize for.

Oh yeah, and Joe Johnson is a borderline all star, he's more than just 'normal'! I happen to just stink with him so he doesn't take many shots.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I didn't want to address this post but it's been bothering me so whatever, I will.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sick of all the drama so it's a shame you thought the game wasn't 100% legit. I NEVER switched to a center and tipped the ball manually (like AKA does, not calling you out AKA) I went for plenty of steals with AI, because he's AI! I swat a lot on the ground when I'm frustrated and I did so last night. I have Gerald Wallace, AI and Ben Wallace all on the floor with great defensive steal awareness so naturally I'll get plenty, both manually and automatically

I'll address the steals and the tip ins.

Big Ben got a couple steals that I can recall, one was one of those frustrating ones but I swear it wasn't me controlling him, and the other was just a lucky swipe by me.

I only went for offensive tip ins manually a few times all game. The one that frustrated you was questionable in its realism, but after not playing the game for ages I was really giving that game my all, so naturally I'll do what I can to win. Going for the ball a couple times manually when I'm out numbered, instead of letting the dumbshit AI go for it is not something I should have to apologize for.

Oh yeah, and Joe Johnson is a borderline all star, he's more than just 'normal'! I happen to just stink with him so he doesn't take many shots.
Hey i was just pissed, i'm pissed at the game more so than any of you guys, don't take it personally, i love playing with you guys i love being in the league and being considered a good player overall in all the leagues i have been in.

I know Joe is an all star caliber player but he had hands in his face and he made it...nothing u can do. Yeah i could tell you was frustrated hence some of the things that went on...i just pressed on. It's just sucks because of the whole Hop Step drama of season one, you guys called me out and i changed! I didn't even use it even in situations where it called for one, but some people refuse to change...and i keep getting burnt but i won't go back to hop stepping...all well, it doesn't matter. Like i said, this is a fun throw away league to pass the time. If it was Season 3, then yeah it would be a problem.

DCX

Matrix

Fifty said:
I'm sick of all the drama so it's a shame you thought the game wasn't 100% legit.

Pick up MLB 2K7 for some new drama!

Fifty

I'm sick league drama period. I won't be having any of that. It's a waste of time and energy. Good luck putting up with it.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I'm sick league drama period. I won't be having any of that. It's a waste of time and energy. Good luck putting up with it.

:(

It's not the same playing a baseball game without you.

Fifty

I gave you a chance to buy The Show! 2K baseball games may look pretty but soon you will regret it and miss the good old days. But hey...I understand..Being in a league with Birdbomb is worth any sacrifice you have to make!

Top Bottom