• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K7 Season 2.5 (FantaSmitch) Discussion

If anyone on my schedule wants a game let me know. Those left on my schedule are: Jobber, Kobex, Wellie, True, and Matrix 2x.

I'll be around for a few more hours tonight (probably 'til around 3 AM EST) or just about anytime this week.

Fifty

I try to run a fast paced offense. It's easy to get caught up in the moment. One time, only once, Bosh was by himself down court, so instinctively I pass to him and it's a one on one, he beats Yao and Aka quits. It wasn't like that decided the game, don't waste my ****ing time. You would have won as usual, and I wouldn't have done that again. I'm tired of this BS, it's not even the real league.. If I did that more than once or at an important time in the game you might have a case. Everything I just wrote was a waste of my time.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
I try to run a fast paced offense. It's easy to get caught up in the moment. One time, only once, Bosh was by himself down court, so instinctively I pass to him and it's a one on one, he beats Yao and Aka quits. It wasn't like that decided the game, don't waste my ****ing time. You would have won as usual, and I wouldn't have done that again. I'm tired of this BS, it's not even the real league.. If I did that more than once or at an important time in the game you might have a case. Everything I just wrote was a waste of my time.

Stop wasting your time if you really thought writing this was a waste of time. It was a waste of time pleading your case afetr reading the league rules. Rules, Rules, Rules. I dont care if you accidentlly passsed up there you dont need to quick dunk.. I dont care if i was up 40 it's just not in the spirit of the game..

Fifty

All this bullshit about rules. Ok fine, it's a game. I've wasted too much time running these leagues. I'm going to make you a commish now and step down so you can make sure people follow the rules.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
All this bullshit about rules. Ok fine, it's a game. I've wasted too much time running these leagues. I'm going to make you a commish now and step down so you can make sure people follow the rules.

Your the best commish obviously and we all will help you run the league. I'm not pissed at you at all, it seems your a little negative towards me lately for some reason. Kicking your ass in NBA games to trying to scheme on draft picks (like you thought i was trying to gain an advantage) to this.

I know its just a game and if it truely was we wouldnt have league rules for god sakes... So dont give me the BS of making sure people follow rules etc...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AkaBalla said:
Not like Birdbomb is in here...

Nah, you guys should follow my example. We're both in the madden league and i havent started anything with him. Not even made a comment, to avoid drama.

You guys should have handled this over AIM...

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Nah, you guys should follow my example. We're both in the madden league and i havent started anything with him. Not even made a comment, to avoid drama.
That's easy when he's not on your schedule. :p

Anyone on my schedule want a game?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow. I finally got to have an overtime game. DM and I went into double overtime and with him down by 1 he gets the ball in the corner with Tmac, pump fakes and gets the foul. He misses the first shot (after I just missed the 3rd of 3 with Ray), hits the second and leaves me down by one with 1.2 on the clock. I call a timeout. Advance the ball and I'm looking for Ray (who is running the point cause Paul fouled out) and the game has him way down at the defensive end of the court so I just hold turbo and run up the court as fast as I can, pass the ball in and hit the X button. SWISH!!!! Such sweet string music. I get a 1 point win and Ray is responsible. Woot.

I hit a three with Ray at the end of regulation to force the first overtime too. Wow. Best game I've played. Well I've had games where everything went right for me. But this was a close game and Tmac had my number.

I'm sure glad I have AK47 to put on top scorers, cause Morrison wasn't slowing down anyone at all. :)

EDIT: and Aka quitting a game after all his swiping at inbounds passes, outlet passes and then going the route of total player abuse is rather ironic. Only reason I didn't come into this thread after our game was because it was the fantasy league and it's supposed to be a little more fun. I mean Ror shoots more with Smush than anyone else. There was a time during my game with Aka today that Vince had all but 2 points and I think he had 30 total. Gosh.

DMczaf

You dont know how pissed I am, I missed that first FT because my finger slipped off the stick, causing me to miss the FT off to the side. I knew I was done after that. 1 pt leads are nothing in this game :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
You dont know how pissed I am, I missed that first FT because my finger slipped off the stick, causing me to miss the FT off to the side. I knew I was done after that. 1 pt leads are nothing in this game :(

Man I was so stressed too. The drama made me miss the third with Ray. I'll miss the first with a player, not the third.

AkaBalla

Truelize said:
EDIT: and Aka quitting a game after all his swiping at inbounds passes, outlet passes and then going the route of total player abuse is rather ironic. Only reason I didn't come into this thread after our game was because it was the fantasy league and it's supposed to be a little more fun. I mean Ror shoots more with Smush than anyone else. There was a time during my game with Aka today that Vince had all but 2 points and I think he had 30 total. Gosh.

Total player abuse??? Shut the &^%$ up.. 17 of 18 70 % jump shots and the dunks were fast breaks, and im abusing? You have no idea what your talking about.. And swiping at the inbound passes? Your %^&*ing ridiculous, everyone knows i dont do that oh wait maybe when i play you and only you..:lol

Wow Manually offensive rebounding is a cheap actic and im exploiting a game.. Jeez Cmon

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
Total player abuse??? Shut the &^%$ up.. 17 of 18 70 % jump shots and im abusing? You have no idea what your talking about.. And swiping at the inbound passes? Your %^&*ing ridiculous, everyone knows i dont do that oh wait maybe when i play you and only you..:lol

Wow Manually offensive rebounding is a cheap actic and im exploiting a game.. Jeez Cmon

I didn't mention manually rebounding. I just mentioned the inbounds pass superman jumping towards the ball stuff and the switch to you centre as soon as you don't get the offensive rebound and hit X stuff that seems like an exploit to the majority of the people that get worked over with it. And dude it's an exploit cause it works. Yao does NOT have eyes in the back of his head and no centre in the league would react to the ball like that. Period.

But with the whole sportsmanship angle I've always understood that taking that many shots with one individual player was kinda frowned upon. Not sure if we wound up putting it in the rules for season 1 though, I haven't checked. I mean if you have a crappy team and only have one true scoring option than I can understand, but when you don't have a crappy team, ummm yeah.

And like I said. I didn't come in and mention it cause it's a fantasy league and I figured you were just having a good time.

Fifty

The reason I never posted rules for S 2.5 is because I trust everyone here to play legit. We may make mistakes or run a few questionable plays, but in the end of the day we're getting a legit game almost every time. It's not like football where an exploited touchdown can ruin a game. One basket is easy to stomach, it's when people repeat exploits when we should worry. That's why I was pissed when you quit AKA.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
The reason I never posted rules for S 2.5 is because I trust everyone here to play legit. We may make mistakes or run a few questionable plays, but in the end of the day we're getting a legit game almost every time.

Exactly.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Atleast you f-ckers can play!

Every game I try *non league* has been beyond laggy,Im scared to play a league game and have it play like shit or drop.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Want to try to play?

Matrix said:
Want to try to play?

I was just messing with ya, but yeah, we can try and if it's too bad one of us can quit and replay it later (if that's cool with you. We should make a judgment in the first 5 or so minutes though).

Matrix

Ok cool,ill be in the lobby.

Matrix

GG Chris.

Guess I'll have to play my league games at 3 am so the lag isnt bad :lol :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey who made the schedule?

Why give me two games with people that avoid me, and only give me one with the people who actually want to play? Ridiculous!

Matrix

Anyone around want to try to play me now ?

I have no clue how bad it will be lag wise.

Ck I have Sam Cassell I'm not using,interested in him?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Anyone around want to try to play me now ?

I have no clue how bad it will be lag wise.

Ck I have Sam Cassel I'm not using,interested in him?

Want to play?

And who do you want for ET?

Matrix

Im down to play.

Id like JJ back! He belongs to me.

Matrix

Ok cool.

I proposed the trade anyway.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
who wants to go for a spin?

edit: message me on XBL. I'm going to play some PSU while I wait for my next victim.

Matrix

well that was gross Jobber.

jobber

Matrix said:
well that was gross Jobber.

Guess what!

The game isn't showing up on the page and the 2K Server is slooooooooooow. Last time that happened, the game never counted. The near triple double by JAX wasted :(

HOLY SHIT :lol I was right. 2K servers down

MUTHA****ASDJHJAHFJSHNJVHFSJ

Matrix

kill me now....what a waste of time

Does anybody know if it's safe to play now/if the servers are working? I'll be up to play a game or two if they are.

edit: nevermind, servers are working. GG Konex. If anyone wants a game let me know.

Rorschach

"Waste of time" has been thrown around a lot lately. Chill out, people... It's weird, though...fifty was ahead when he quit...

Matrix

Truelize said:
what the heck Fifty? You quit at the start of the 4th quarter? What a waste of time.

You sure his modem or router didnt f up?

I cant believe he pulled a Dm and what Rors said.

jobber

someone play me!

cowards!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to check my jumpshot timing!

well hmph!

Top Bottom