• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Leonsito

donkey show said:
It's been awhile, but I finally bought a lot of shit this month. :lol

april2008pickup5.JPG

Black Wii Wheel ?? Where ?

Hinomura

kdwvf4.jpg

[BDR] Pirates of the Caribbean - the trilogy
[PSP] Space Invaders Extreme
[PS2] Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus Append Edition
[NDS] Bangai-O Spirits, Jump Ultimate Stars

Funny, I got Guilty Gear today myself :p

april08e.jpg

Official Playstation Mag (GTA = 10/10 :p)
Megami Megazine (Complete with giant poster and pencil board)
NGamer (with free Wii Wheel in black)
Daft Punk - Musique Vol 1 1993-2005
Disgaea 3 Arrange Album =D =D
Guilty Gear Core Wii

Hoo, and FF7: Crisis Core is out next week, I think, too. I've got that PS3 cel-shaded WW2 type game thing coming too this month from Japan.

And for may, I'll be getting... this!!

Hinomura

Joule said:
What's the difference between the Append edition and the regular GGXX:AC Plus?
It's a data disk (it requires the original "GGXX: AC") which fixes a glitch and adds extra content (two characters, new story mode, new mission mode, etc).

Cheap purchasing month so far...

DSC00132.jpg

Crank £5 - An amazing film
House Season 1 £FREE :D
Black Books £9.99 - On Sale Great!
RS6: Vegas 2 - £12 - Got £28 for Burnout Paradise Trade in
Perfect Dark £5.99 - Brand sealed from...Cash Converters :D
GUN 98p - Could'nt resist for that price :lol

CTLance

Wheee. Roughly 15€ each. I lurv play.com and my local malls' clarance isle with old GC games. I paid for all three as much as I would've paid for the FF game alone had I been so stupid to buy it in around here. US-versions of Okami and No more Heroes are on the way, again both together cost as much as one PAL game. Kiss my pasty white behind, NoE (and Capcom EU, for that matter).

experimental gaming-age?
28ts9f.jpg

I wonder how Geometry wars will play on the tiny DS screen... an how much I will loathe myself for buying yet another SRPG in full knowledge that I can never advance beyond the easy tutorial stages. Le sigh. Odama is just an experiment. I mean, for 15 European funbucks it's OK, ... isn't it?

nib95

Banned
Man it's been an expensive week. Apologies for the camera quality, pics were taken on my N95 8GB. My old Canon G7 is already packed up ready to be sold.

Selling my other New & Sealed 400D Photo Kit. And bought...

A Canon 450D Instead. Figured I'd make more use of the extra features than the extra lens and battery grip.

450D2.jpg

450D.jpg

Epson R2400 A3 professional printer.

R2400.jpg

Epson V500 Scanner.

V500.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Kadey said:
Everything is up and running.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/kade215/PC-setup.jpg[/IMG]

Kadey is one of my favorite posters in threads like these, youll never know what shell get :lol

nib95 said:
Man it's been an expensive week. Apologies for the camera quality, pics were taken on my N95 8GB. My old Canon G7 is already packed up ready to be sold.

Selling my other New & Sealed 400D Photo Kit. And bought...

A Canon 450D Instead. Figured I'd make more use of the extra features than the extra lens and battery grip.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/450D2.jpg[/IMG]

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/450D.jpg[/IMG]

Epson R2400 A3 professional printer.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/R2400.jpg[/IMG]

Epson V500 Scanner.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/V500.jpg[/IMG]

Nice Pickups!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, I had an Alienware when the 9800XT was tops.

Vargas

I was gone for a month but that doesn't mean I didn't have anything waiting for me when I got back.

March haul:
DSC06576.jpg

I went to the NYCC today and went crazy I also received some stuff from Amazon:

April haul:
DSC06575.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta catch up for the last two or three weeks.

2qdy8v9.jpg

Everything pictured was under $20 each.

2u4snk8.jpg

Picked up at Toys 'R' Us. At (I think) 8 bucks each box, probably overpaid, but still cool to have. Will actually set up on a shelf once I buy a house and move into it.

j5b5mc.jpg

Picked up cheap at a Best Buy sale.

Also got Rondo of Swords, but I'm saving that for the "holy crap I spent a ton of money on new stuff" post with P3: FES, GTA4, TWEWY, and Mario Kart.

quest

Not Banned from OT
No pictures but this month hurt. 2 PS3s 1 blu tooth remote and 1 DS3. Add to that GTA4 for the 360 in a week and ouch.

milkham

Tiduz said:
Kadey is one of my favorite posters in threads like these, youll never know what shell get :lol
!

yeah seriously, i mean i wish kadey had a flickr account so i could follow her crazy purchases without even coming here.

CTLance

Flock said:
Lucky, Revenant Wings is actually reallllly easy.
You are talking to someone who died twice on Mission 1-4. TWICE. In the FOURTH MISSION of the very first chapter. It's like clubbing a baby seal, only the other way around.

To be honest though, the difficulty is pretty OK for lil' ol' me, all things considered. This is the strangest experience for me: I actually have a chance at doing OK in an SRPG. Hasn't happened since FFTA, if that. You really don't want to know the epic raping e.g. FE:poR delivered to my by now sore behind. :lol

The pathfinding algorithm is my biggest enemy, by far. I have had it happen several times now that Penelope and her useless healing bunnies have gotten stuck in some random corner (or behind the other party members) while Vaan is being tenderly loved by flying baddies. ARGH.

Another thing is: I have absolutely no clue why I should like the guys I'm controlling. I haven't played FFXII, which seems to be a prerequisite to actually get anything that's going on in that game. They just throw you right into the middle of it all and expect you to be up-to-date on all recent Ivalis happenings.
There are a bunch of short text-only log entries on the ship, and I'm starting to see how they're connected to each other and stuff, but honestly, it's just really bad storytelling on S-E's part IMHO. So far I want to strangle the main character and most of his companions. And the story...

Enslaving that lizard thing didn't feel right, too. What a shitty thing to do.

*gripe* *gripe* *gripe*

One can tell I am having fun, right? Because I totally am.

I can't really express how much that bugs me. This wasn't supposed to happen! :lol

Flock

CTLance said:
You are talking to someone who died twice on Mission 1-4. TWICE. In the FOURTH MISSION of the very first chapter. It's like clubbing a baby seal, only the other way around.

To be honest though, the difficulty is pretty OK for lil' ol' me, all things considered. This is the strangest experience for me: I actually have a chance at doing OK in an SRPG. Hasn't happened since FFTA, if that. You really don't want to know the epic raping e.g. FE:poR delivered to my by now sore behind. :lol

The pathfinding algorithm is my biggest enemy, by far. I have had it happen several times now that Penelope and her useless healing bunnies have gotten stuck in some random corner (or behind the other party members) while Vaan is being tenderly loved by flying baddies. ARGH.

Another thing is: I have absolutely no clue why I should like the guys I'm controlling. I haven't played FFXII, which seems to be a prerequisite to actually get anything that's going on in that game. They just throw you right into the middle of it all and expect you to be up-to-date on all recent Ivalis happenings.
There are a bunch of short text-only log entries on the ship, and I'm starting to see how they're connected to each other and stuff, but honestly, it's just really bad storytelling on S-E's part IMHO. So far I want to strangle the main character and most of his companions. And the story...

Enslaving that lizard thing didn't feel right, too. What a shitty thing to do.

*gripe* *gripe* *gripe*

One can tell I am having fun, right? Because I totally am.

I can't really express how much that bugs me. This wasn't supposed to happen! :lol

Don't really expect Revenant Wings to impress you to much though, its a decent game. But its nothing special. i too haven't played FFXII and yeah, i found the story boring as fuck. I really didn't care what was going on. I don't even think i would of kept playing the game if i wasn't on holiday and it was all i had.

Revenant wings isn't even really an SRPG more so its an RTS. If you want a really good fairly easy SRPG check out Jean D'arc if you haven't .

nny

DSC03216.jpg

These days there haven't been any new games that interest me enough, so most of my gaming has returned to my long (and sometimes forgotten) love for point and click adventures. Discovering some new ones, replaying the favorites...and trying to find some of these favorites in their proper form, that is, the big boxes:

DSC03225.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

..rummaging through my collection reminded of the suck that is incompatibility between different versions of Windows, bah.

I can haz good games?

apu7.jpg

I guess Maximo might be the odd one out cause I definetly don't read anyone giving it praises as much as the others but I played the first one a looong time ago and it was cool enough.

JPBrowncoat said:
I can haz good games?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/utterlyjp/apu7.jpg[IMG]

I guess [B]Maximo[/B] might be the odd one out cause I definitely don't read anyone giving it praises as much as the others but I played the first one a looong time ago and it was cool enough.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Maximo 1 (and 2) is one of the PS2 gems of oldschool meets new school gaming. I give that pick and the others a thumbs up.

Urban Scholar said:
Are you kidding me? Maximo 1 (and 2) is one of the PS2 gems of oldschool meets new school gaming. I give that pick and the others a thumbs up.
I think I actually never beat the first one. I think I'll need to replay it before doing Army of Zin.

Haeleos

The Maximo games are as good if not better than R&C and Sly Cooper. Too bad Capcom dropped the series, but it suffered Okami-itis (ie. next to no marketing) The second one is also a bit more forgiving than the first one (you don't have to pay for save games).

jvalioli

[Nintex] said:
He's from Nintendo Japan(Hideki Konno himself) or he works at NoE, would you tell anyone that you're working for NoE?
I think he just custom paints all of his accessories. I think he has a Zeon(MS Gundam) wiimote also.

Rlan

mmx1-1.jpg

Picked up a bunch of stuff today at Car Boot Sales. Found Theif 1 for $1 and SOF2 for $2. I love SOF2 and seem to keep selling the damn thing. For $2 I'll keep it :)

Bought Ratatouille for $13 from a second hand video store booth they have there. Disney don't seem to go much further down than that anyhow. Ratchet Gladiator for $10. Might as well at that price. Megaman X from ebay in my "build up my PSP library" phase I'm in.

mmx2-1.jpg

The 3 Mega CD games are Demos of Fatal Fury Special, TimeCop and Sensible Soccer. Apparently these were sometimes on some UK Magazines - and yet TimeCop didn't come out here, and FFS is the second-to-rarest Mega CD game available. Dunno what the Demos are worth.

mmx3-1.jpg

Shadow Warrior (Aka Ninja Gaiden) and Cyberball for the Atari ST, complete in box for $2.50 each. I don't have an Atari ST, but I've always liked specifically these kinds of boxes they used to use. They're not stupidly huge like the Big Boxes and not just DVD cases. I'm surprised they didn't continue to use them in the CD era.

I downloaded new game from Steam (something I havent done in ages) it be the awesome AudioSurf I love it and for $11/£6 I couldn't complain :D

newgame.jpg

On a gaming forum? Never. I think the collected hate in the following thread would melt the neogaf server. If he's lucky.

Thank god I don't work for NoE then. :lol

jvalioli said:
I think he just custom paints all of his accessories. I think he has a Zeon(MS Gundam) wiimote also.

Ding ding ding ding! Red and Gold Wii Wheels are next. :D

Top Bottom