• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Khalid-S, those pictures look awesome...

Kagari, some of the stuff I saw at the store was SUPER old school! I saw some art books and magazines there published in 1987! LOL.

I saw this awesome SNES Famitsu magazine... I should have gotten it, but chose not to because of it's weird paper stock/newspaper quality... I'm sure as soon as I went outside it would have fallen apart lolol.

PS3 :)
DSC00559.jpg

COD4 :)
DSC00558.jpg

Bad Zombie Flick :)
DSC00564.jpg

Bluetooth Yum :)
DSC00562.jpg

Just for kicks the only game I never sold and printed a cover for.
DSC00560.jpg

And to my surprise I was kinda bummed when I got my PS3 knowing that backwards compatibility doesn't work then I read it worked with PS1 games and laughed.
ALSO on the Download -
Warhawk + Omega Dawn
PixleJunk Monsters
flOw
Super Stardust HD

So far the PS3 is nothing but amazing :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

fushi

nny said:
I'm jealous. I'm still waiting to come across one somehow, where did you find this beauty?
eBay. I've had "guru* logi*" as a favourite search for god knows how long and then, finally, got a match. Cost me a bit more than the original retail price ($62 + shipping IIRC), but the condition of the box was excellent (despite being labelled only 'good') and had all the inserts included -- even the Club Nintendo flyer.

And yes, the game was worth that much for me. The puzzles are well made and ramp up nicely in difficulty, and the cutscenes are hilarious.

lupin23rd

MarkMan, is that Leah Dizon book a new one?

I was looking through a bookstore here in Japan and saw a stack of one of her photobooks, and I am thinking I may have to remedy the mistake I made of not picking up 4 immediately :lol

Jive Turkey said:
I'm not one for game-related clothing but I liked these and they don't scream "HAY GUYS I PLAY VEEDEEOGAMS!"

the orange tshirt is absolytely gorgeous, excellent pickup, approved.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
8-Bit Soul said:
the orange tshirt is absolytely gorgeous, excellent pickup, approved.
I love how every comment has been about how awesome the orange shirt is but when my girlfriend first saw it her response was "...Orange...". I just told her to STFU and that she doesn't know how awesome it is and that I wish I were dead as I ran out of the room with tears streaming down my face.

Jive Turkey said:
I love how every comment has been about how awesome the orange shirt is but when my girlfriend first saw it her response was "...Orange...". I just told her to STFU and that she doesn't know how awesome it is and that I wish I were dead as I ran out of the room with tears streaming down my face.

She's just hating on your stylish fashion sense :D

SaitoH

flunkie4455 said:
Looks way better than my pics!

My camera is a four-year old DSC-P200. For a young guy who's very interested in photography, I'm trying to get a new camera soon so I can further my skills and learning. Any recommendations? What camera did you take that with?

I just picked up a DSC T70 because I wanted a good quality, compact, "snap shot" camera. It's really small and has a touch screen interface! Otherwise I'm not sure what to recommend to someone who's actually interested in photography.

FabCam

MGO.jpg

It's not really a purchase, but then link to the MGO BETA is sitting in me e-mail :D

PM and I might be able to help you get one...

atomico

Kuran said:
Keep it up, you make me want to quit this materialistic bullshit.

Zen lifestyle ftw.. if only I could sell it all.

if you sell everything, isn't it still materialistic?

you should just give everything away
to your fellow gaffers
:lol

larvi

g35twinturbo said:
:lol

what the hell is this?

New El Camino?

Exactly what I was thinking, or maybe it's a Ranchero or a Brat? I didn't realize they were making these things again.

bryehn

A few dollar package arrived today. Classical guitar strings and clarinet reeds for the wife. An awesome prelude to the fantastic music purchase I'll be making next week ;)

08-04-01-musical.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
larvi said:
Exactly what I was thinking, or maybe it's a Ranchero or a Brat? I didn't realize they were making these things again.

They never stopped making them... In Australia at least. :) Its the latest Holden SSV Ute. Americans will be getting it soon (After years and years of bitching to GM to do something about it).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lupin23rd said:
MarkMan, is that Leah Dizon book a new one?

I was looking through a bookstore here in Japan and saw a stack of one of her photobooks, and I am thinking I may have to remedy the mistake I made of not picking up 4 immediately :lol

It's not her newest one. Her newest one is called "Pure Leah"...

Here is the order in which they came out chronologically...

Petite Amie
Hello Leah
Heaven
Pure Leah < just came out last week

so yea, get me one too :p

a1m

Banned
MarkMan said:
2378165755_f299133912_o.jpg

$1 - Mao Inoue 2007 Photo Book. Such a steal, $1! The cute chick that rang me up told me it was only $1 even though the price tag said $13... lol. If you don't know who Mao Inoue is, she is best known for the live drama of Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) and more recently First Kiss. I think she's a cutie. I was looking for the Aya Hirano photobook but couldn't find it anymore :(

^_^

A-W-E-S-O-M-E :thud

Where did you buy that? Don't say you live in Japan or smthg... She's soo cute! I love HYD and FK, man you lucky.

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Twin Snakes? I got the Essentials, but I just can't play MGS1....it is just too freaking blocky and blurry.

MarkMan said:
$1 - Mao Inoue 2007 Photo Book. Such a steal, $1! The cute chick that rang me up told me it was only $1 even though the price tag said $13... lol. If you don't know who Mao Inoue is, she is best known for the live drama of Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) and more recently First Kiss. I think she's a cutie. I was looking for the Aya Hirano photobook but couldn't find it anymore :(

^_^

Inoue Mao book is better than a Hirano Aya book, you lucked out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
DSC00023.jpg

they're both awesome.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
a1m said:
A-W-E-S-O-M-E :thud

Where did you buy that? Don't say you live in Japan or smthg... She's soo cute! I love HYD and FK, man you lucky.

I got it at Book Off in San Diego, CA. She's VERY cute... I love her facial expressions in HYD... especially when she's mad lol.

Linkzg said:
Inoue Mao book is better than a Hirano Aya book, you lucked out.

100% agree... Aya "the stick" Hirano can't compare to MAOWOW....

woobit

I was gonna post SSBB + Freeloader sitting in front of my monitor, but I forgot to open trannysuprise.com so the picture is useless.

snack said:
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Twin Snakes? I got the Essentials, but I just can't play MGS1....it is just too freaking blocky and blurry.
Not to be rude but if you wimp out just for that, you fail. Please just play the PS1 version and dont use that excuse man, MGS1 is amazing, Twin Snakes is good but nowhere near the originals magicallness and whantnot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Osaka said:
Holy shit :lol These have to be the ugliest plushies ever. Wario looks like a raccoon with downs syndrome.

Also, nice camera Kadey, how many megapixels it has?

" The TZ3 has a much higher resolution CCD than its effective pixel count would let you believe (8.5 total MP, 7.2 effective MP). This lets you shoot at 28 mm, regardless of what the aspect ratio is. "

gstaff

NameGenerated said:
US date is April 15th right? Probably be easier to wait.

EB says it ships on the 10th. The white one is tempting me though, since I'll probably only buy one for starters. Then I can continue being lazy and always know which one is a Dual Shock and which one is a SIXAXIS

Spectral

Banned
I know not related to games...in fact ever since I bought Brawl, haven't bought a new game in awhile. :lol Might pick up Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword this week.

These came today though:

l_748af6cb86c80ba58599a9e6e0c62ef1.jpg

Green's my fav color and I'm glad to finally find a pair of all green shoes. They were like $59.99 on NBWebexpress with free shipping. They're back up to 74.99 now though.

These definitely made my day.

.hacked

Wrapped up the paperwork this afternoon:

newmds457.jpg

Going to be closing it down for a few weeks and rework the interior. Turn it into less of a 50's vibe and more of a anime/video game vibe. Kinda like what I thought the McDs in Japan were like (and they are not, I have been there).

I hope to turn a nice little profit with this venture.

newtvroom964.jpg

New TV for the bedroom :D

jvalioli

I saw the top of the picture, thinking the main idea was going to be a new car(parked in front of McDonalds for some reason) and was planning to post "lolz .hacked bought a McDonalds" but then I scrolled down : (.

Top Bottom